How has the Oil Spill affected your life?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may never directly affect any of us but that doesn't mean we can blithely turn a blind eye to it.

I wouldn't buy BP gas (to the extent I can identify BP as the source) because frankly, this whole thing is a cluster!@#$ and I believe in blame.

It may never directly affect any of us but that doesn't mean we can blithely turn a blind eye to it.

I wouldn't buy BP gas (to the extent I can identify BP as the source) because frankly, this whole thing is a cluster!@#$ and I believe in blame.

BP is gonna need to dust off the old Radar O'Reilly commercials to get out of this PR mess.

physically none what so ever but it is another in your face example of how the corporations and rich and well connected get treated compared to your average Joe Blow- BP might only be on the hook for 75 mill of damages that are going to reach into the tens of Billions- and this was not a accident like spinning out on some black ice and hitting a pole- this was the equivalent of speeding, while drunk, in a truck that failed inspection, blowing off red lights and slamming into a school bus- people should be in jail or at worst out on bail- and I'll tell you how this has a chilling effect on me, I'm a proponent of nuclear energy but when I see how BP, and Massey energy (the WV coal mining company) will cut any corner to save money and how weak the government regulatory agencies are in enforcement I have little confidence in the overall safety of building many nuclear plants.

physically none what so ever but it is another in your face example of how the corporations and rich and well connected get treated compared to your average Joe Blow- BP might only be on the hook for 75 mill of damages that are going to reach into the tens of Billions- and this was not a accident like spinning out on some black ice and hitting a pole- this was the equivalent of speeding, while drunk, in a truck that failed inspection, blowing off red lights and slamming into a school bus- people should be in jail or at worst out on bail- and I'll tell you how this has a chilling effect on me, I'm a proponent of nuclear energy but when I see how BP, and Massey energy (the WV coal mining company) will cut any corner to save money and how weak the government regulatory agencies are in enforcement I have little confidence in the overall safety of building many nuclear plants.

I hear windspills are also super nasty when they happen. We can't do windpower either because if the wind gets everywhere, it will cause a huge mess.

So given the choice: BP/AMOCO or CITGO and a vehicle that needs gas... Which do you pick?

...but since you were able to realize this "disaster" will probably affect very few people (okay...almost no one), why would you stop supporting BP because they had to endure a "clusterf***"?

If someone spills a pallet in the back of a Wegman's warehouse, are you going to stop shopping there? Two mistakes that will never affect you. Also, trying to reason things through, and not panic should never be classified as "blithely turning a blind eye".