Bills and Sabres Uniforms

Does anyone else find it strange that "The Bills" have nothing at all to do with Buffalo Bill?

The "Bills" part of the Buffalo Bills is just completely ignored.

There's not even a lasso and a bucking dude on a horse anywhere on the sleeve.

We're basically the Buffalo, Buffalos.

I'm not saying we should change that but we have to be the only team to just completely ignore their team name.

Even when the Sabres went with the big Red Buffalo on the Jersey they had Sabres on their sleeves.

The Slug is RIP, thank goodnes. I really like the darker Classic look of that will be the new hommies. Those colors should look pretty bad ass as white roadies too. Is the Slug the new alternate or is there a new one? Will the Black Jerseys with Big Red Buffalo be the new 3rd jersey for the Sabres?

As for the Bills, I really like the current, classic 3rd Jersey, BUT COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW, Not the crappy "IN THE YEAR Two Thooooouuussaaaand!" Jerseys they wear today.

The current jerseys looks like a generic NFL knock-off jersey. Ralph went shopping in the Philippines for the design "You wan super, #1 fooball Jer-rey? Fooball #1! 5 dolla"

Ralph thought, "This just might work for my NFL Franchise; and what a deal!"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find it strange that "The Bills" have nothing at all to do with Buffalo Bill?

I'm not saying we should change that but we have to be the only team to just completely ignore their team name.

Even when the Sabres went with the big Red Buffalo on the Jersey they had Sabres on their sleeves.

The Slug is RIP, thank goodnes. I really like the darker Classic look of that will be the new hommies. Those colors should look pretty bad ass as white roadies too. Is the Slug the new alternate or is there a new one? Will the Black Jerseys with Big Red Buffalo be the new 3rd jersey for the Sabres?

As for the Bills, I really like the current, classic 3rd Jersey, BUT COME UP WITH SOMETHING NEW, Not the crappy "IN THE YEAR Two Thooooouuussaaaand!" Jerseys they wear today.

The current jerseys looks like a generic NFL knock-off jersey. Ralph went shopping in the Philippines for the design "You wan super, #1 fooball Jer-rey? Fooball #1! 5 dolla"

Awesome Comments, especially about the Bills current uniforms. The Slug is GONE, thank God. There will be a completely new 3rd jersey... to be announced.

Although I'm not sure the current Bills uniforms aren't as bad as the slug. Can't Brandon do ANYTHING right? Not only does he not know football and instigate the Toronto-fiasco but something like uniforms, which should be right up the alley for a so-called "marketing guy", are a joke. I would bet if a vote were taken league-wide, the Bills uniform would finish in the bottom 5 in the NFL if not AT the bottom.

I said from day one the slug was a money grab. Make a few million with a jersey that's OK but not as good as the original and when the time comes, switch back to what everyone really wants.

The entire NFL should do only throwbacks for an entire year, as the main uniforms. Not only would it be very cool to watch, but the cash registers at the NFL offices would beg for mercy.

The Sabs should use the old school Buffalo bottle cap jersey as the third jersey. That would be perfect.

Believe it or not, this was brought up by the Sabres. But I believe it's dead, because of "copyright" issues with Pepsi. I'm not sure why it's an issue now, and not in the 60's, but that's what I recall hearing. It's a good idea though...

Can't confirm it but the Sabres are going back to the original uniforms next year and the Bills need to go back to what they wore in 1974-1981 with the white helmets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AFC-Thro...Uniform-BUF.PNG

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall05/brownlee/bills.html

what OJ is wearing.

Nope. I prefer the championship 60s uniforms that they occasionally use now. The standing buffalo rules!

Bills: Just modify the current uniform to have the top and bottoms MATCH. Let's start there! One solid red stripe "flowing into" 5 multi-colored stripes?

Amen.

they need to simplify too. Pick a dam blue already, I say back to the Royal, but a little deeper like the OJ days blue.

ditch the 2nd blue and the gray. Ditch the shoulder thing, and change to white pants.

I really like the throwbacks, but I think the regular logo is good too. Keep the throwbacks for special occasion. (Can we wear them when we go to the 2014 SB in NY?)

helmet color- white looks nice w/ either logo, but maybe there's something to be said for the red color, w/ the whole Ferguson color blindness thing. All teams in our division have white/silver helmets. In fact, the only other red helmets in NFL are the Chiefs. (not incld Redskins). So we're already set for another color-blind QB! Really tho, it could prob help any QB.

Good point, perhaps they should have stuck with their original name (the Bisons). Here's a link that explains why/how the name changed.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/nicknames.aspx

Nobody with two friggin eye balls in their head likes the current Bills uniforms. I remember watching the Atlanta/Bills game last year and man, I think I went into an epileptic seizure.

Horrible child-like uniforms. Ralph absolutely sucks for signing off on these. And if he didn't sign off on them, then he sucks too. Either way Ralph sucks. It's like the people that say they don't care about how the team looks. Something tells me they look like s**t and probably wear five different types of camoflauge out to dinner.

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-bestunis/9/

2. Buffalo Bills

The Bills current alternate uniforms were worn from 1962-73. These classics may be the best the NFL currently has to offer. (AP Photo/Don Heupel)

It's obvious a change needs to be made and the simplest one is to go throwback fulltime.

Win-Win for everyone, including the players who won't look look clowns anymore.

Awesome Comments, especially about the Bills current uniforms. The Slug is GONE, thank God. There will be a completely new 3rd jersey... to be announced.

Although I'm not sure the current Bills uniforms aren't as bad as the slug. Can't Brandon do ANYTHING right? Not only does he not know football and instigate the Toronto-fiasco but something like uniforms, which should be right up the alley for a so-called "marketing guy", are a joke. I would bet if a vote were taken league-wide, the Bills uniform would finish in the bottom 5 in the NFL if not AT the bottom.

Actually, there have been some votes, including the uniwatch web site, and the Bills were last, or next to last in every vote. When I wear my Bills jersey out on sundays to a sports bar, most fans of other teams don't even know what team I support- could you say that about the Packers, Niners, Steelers or even the *Pats, as ugly as they are. Not only are the Bills jerseys ugly, they have no identity. They look like a basterdized hybrid of Denver and Tennessee, with the worst features of each. They're as bad as the buffaslug jerseys. Both are designed by reebok; conincidence? I think not. Reebok loves the strange swoops, stripes and oddities that identify the modern uniform.

Just make the bills throwbacks the new jersey, home and away. Beautiful, classic and unlike anyone elses, in a good way. If we need a throwback we can use the original 60-61 navy and silver. As for the Sabres, go back to the original- I can live with the darker shade of blue, but please, no gray, no odd pinstripes- why does every new jersey have to look like it was designed to appeal to 12 year olds?

Can't confirm it but the Sabres are going back to the original uniforms next year and the Bills need to go back to what they wore in 1974-1981 with the white helmets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AFC-Thro...Uniform-BUF.PNG

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall05/brownlee/bills.html

what OJ is wearing.

those are by far the best looking uni's Buffalo ever had. I like the white helmet....symbolic of the snow

Sabres should go back to gold and blue. Not that blue that is so dark its almost black. I understand wanting to sell more jerseys to fake buffalo wannabe gangstas, but please go back to gold and blue.

Have some actual identity.

For the bills, I say go back to the uniforms of the super bowl teams. I heard Chris Berman say, when they changed to this current garbage, that there were only TWO major sports teams in all of North America that wore red, white and Flag Blue. Bills and Montreal Canadians.

For the Canadians to be the only team left sporting USA red white and flag blue really sucks.

(my heart is with the throwbacks of the '60s, but I know that's not gonna happen).