Bills and Sabres Uniforms

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't confirm it but the Sabres are going back to the original uniforms next year and the Bills need to go back to what they wore in 1974-1981 with the white helmets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AFC-Thro...Uniform-BUF.PNG

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall05/brownlee/bills.html

what OJ is wearing.

Excellent feedback & thank you for the links! I would love for the sabres to go back the original uniform exclusively!! :thumbsup:

Sabres: I'd like to see old logo with an update on the colors, I'm thinking navy and gold (like St. Louis Rams)

Bills: I like the current throwbacks the best and would like to see them worn full time.

I like the Bill's throwbacks as well and agree! I love the old colors, but would wanna see the updated colors scheme before giving my 2 cents... :thumbsup:

Those links showing an awful new Sabres 3rd jersey are completely false. I have seen the new jersey and it does not look like that. They are also not wearing the old Pepsi cap jerseys either. Everyone should be quite pleased when the new jersey is unveilled. The whole package has a real throwback feel to it.

Those links showing an awful new Sabres 3rd jersey are completely false. I have seen the new jersey and it does not look like that. They are also not wearing the old Pepsi cap jerseys either. Everyone should be quite pleased when the new jersey is unveilled. The whole package has a real throwback feel to it.

Cool, I'm very excited to see the new 3rd now!

+1 in regards to the Pepsi jersey. I heard they explored that but there were "legal issues"... or else it was in serious consideration.

Any word that the Bills are considering new uniforms?

Any word that the Bills are considering new uniforms?

While I hope so, I'm pretty sure we'd have already heard about it, given the overwhelming disdain for the current ones. Sadly, I think the brass won't consider a uni change until the Bills are winners in these clownsuits, so historical video -in the future- won't automatically assimilate FAILURE when we see hi-lites of this uni's era..

JMO.

Actually, there have been some votes, including the uniwatch web site, and the Bills were last, or next to last in every vote. When I wear my Bills jersey out on sundays to a sports bar, most fans of other teams don't even know what team I support- could you say that about the Packers, Niners, Steelers or even the *Pats, as ugly as they are. Not only are the Bills jerseys ugly, they have no identity. They look like a basterdized hybrid of Denver and Tennessee, with the worst features of each. They're as bad as the buffaslug jerseys. Both are designed by reebok; conincidence? I think not. Reebok loves the strange swoops, stripes and oddities that identify the modern uniform.

Just make the bills throwbacks the new jersey, home and away. Beautiful, classic and unlike anyone elses, in a good way. If we need a throwback we can use the original 60-61 navy and silver. As for the Sabres, go back to the original- I can live with the darker shade of blue, but please, no gray, no odd pinstripes- why does every new jersey have to look like it was designed to appeal to 12 year olds?

Go find me a team in either the NFL or NHL that doesn't wear Reebok.

The Sabres are going back to their current 3rd jersey(dark blue old logo) as their new home jersey, and the classic white as the away jerseys. they haven't announced a new 3rd jersey yet. It's on their site somewhere, I picked this info up during the playoffs.

As for the Bills, I absolutely LOVE our current throwbacks from 2009, would love to see those Uni's again. There was a pictiure of Trent getting demolished by a Titan on ESPN recently, and I thought "Man trent's Uni looks good while he is getting crushed"

+1 Classic!

Go find me a team in either the NFL or NHL that doesn't wear Reebok.

My point exactly- go find me a team in either the NFL or NHL that has improved their jersey since reebok started making them. IMO, reebok (and nike) do a crappy job of designing jerseys. Teams should design their own jerseys, and let reebok come up with innovations to make them lighter , more comfortable, etc. And a jersey shouldn't change just for the sake of change; the Yankees, Canadiens, Colts, etc have no problem selling jerseys that haven't changed substantially in over 50 years. If you have a good looking jersey, and a team that is competitive most years, you'll sell plenty of merchandise. Any new jersey, no matter how ugly , will sell. The buffaslug proved that. It's often just a gimmack for a bad team to sell product. The trick is to come up with a design that will endure.

Actually, there have been some votes, including the uniwatch web site, and the Bills were last, or next to last in every vote. When I wear my Bills jersey out on sundays to a sports bar, most fans of other teams don't even know what team I support- could you say that about the Packers, Niners, Steelers or even the *Pats, as ugly as they are. Not only are the Bills jerseys ugly, they have no identity. They look like a basterdized hybrid of Denver and Tennessee, with the worst features of each. They're as bad as the buffaslug jerseys. Both are designed by reebok; conincidence? I think not. Reebok loves the strange swoops, stripes and oddities that identify the modern uniform.

Just make the bills throwbacks the new jersey, home and away. Beautiful, classic and unlike anyone elses, in a good way. If we need a throwback we can use the original 60-61 navy and silver. As for the Sabres, go back to the original- I can live with the darker shade of blue, but please, no gray, no odd pinstripes- why does every new jersey have to look like it was designed to appeal to 12 year olds?

You hit the nail on the head. These damn jerseys we have are unideftifiable. They need the logo or something else on it besides ****ty dark blue, shoulder colors, and side piping.

My point exactly- go find me a team in either the NFL or NHL that has improved their jersey since reebok started making them. IMO, reebok (and nike) do a crappy job of designing jerseys. Teams should design their own jerseys, and let reebok come up with innovations to make them lighter , more comfortable, etc. And a jersey shouldn't change just for the sake of change; the Yankees, Canadiens, Colts, etc have no problem selling jerseys that haven't changed substantially in over 50 years. If you have a good looking jersey, and a team that is competitive most years, you'll sell plenty of merchandise. Any new jersey, no matter how ugly , will sell. The buffaslug proved that. It's often just a gimmack for a bad team to sell product. The trick is to come up with a design that will endure.

Wow, I'm surprised at the responses of my topic!! Great job everyone...this is a good post that I'm reading so I'll add my 2 cents as well....

Yeah, I don't like the Flyers as a team because of our difficulty with them in the past...especially '74-75 Finals...but if I was a neutral fan..I would like the broadstreet bullies...I like their toughness historically, and boy I really love the colors of their uniform...and the emblem is nice..and I don't think they have changed substantially over the years...the colors are aggressive and really go together well...I wouldn't want them to change their uniforms at all if I were a flyers fan!!

Didn't the Bruins have a bear on the front of their uniform a few years back??? They were some funky uniform that I didn't like at all? Was it their 3rd uniform??? Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I thought they had an odd uniform a while back?

Have to agree, Montreal's uniform is gret, the Yankees as well, although there is a uniform that the Jets have that I think looks stupid in my opinion...it looks a little bit like the Pittsburgh Steelers uniform! Anybody know which one I'm talking about???

I didnt think Rbk designed the jerseys... I thought that was up to the team and just rbk made them.

but if you want to look at some bad rbk jerseys, why did the bandits have to change theirs last year?