1991 Bills

I just finished watching the 1991 Buffalo Bills that I DVR'd from the NFL network. I can't believe it's been nearly twenty years since we've had such a great team. Seeing Thurman Thomas' elusiveness & quickness, Jim Kelly throwing for long TD's, Andre Reed & James Lofton running for TD's, Bruce Smith getting sacks, Darryl Talley & Cornelius Bennett making plays, AFC Championship games in Buffalo...I miss those Bills teams of the 90's.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the 1991 Buffalo Bills that I DVR'd from the NFL network. I can't believe it's been nearly twenty years since we've had such a great team. Seeing Thurman Thomas' elusiveness & quickness, Jim Kelly throwing for long TD's, Andre Reed & James Lofton running for TD's, Bruce Smith getting sacks, Darryl Talley & Cornelius Bennett making plays, AFC Championship games in Buffalo...I miss those Bills teams of the 90's.

I was only 11 years old in 1991 so I have really enjoyed watching the 90's Bills on NFL Network this week. I was too young to really understand how stacked with talent that team was. Truly a thing of beauty and I can only fathom seeing another Bills team with such a powerful offense and defense.

*Sigh* ... I miss those days ... at least us older fans have those days ... what do people who became fans in the last decade have?!?

I was only 11 years old in 1991 so I have really enjoyed watching the 90's Bills on NFL Network this week. I was too young to really understand how stacked with talent that team was. Truly a thing of beauty and I can only fathom seeing another Bills team with such a powerful offense and defense.

I was 17 and a senior in H.S. I only wish that I had enough money for season tickets back then and could have went to some playoff games at Rich Stadium. You're right, the Bills were really stacked with talent back then.

Cocky QB from an inferior league. A bunch of small-market players who couldn't get drafted by good teams. A gimpy-kneed RB that no one wanted. An old fart coach & GM no one ever heard of. No wonder this team sucked so bad.

PTR

WTF was up with Scotty? When he kicked that winner in overtime agaisn't the Raiders, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there!!

I think Scotty was still reeling from missing the 47 yarder in the Superbowl. I met Scott twice at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA, the first time he was quiet and kind of guarded, guess he was trying to get a feel for how the Bills fans would react to him. The 2nd time, he was more open and having a good time with everyone. Overall, Scott is a good guy.

Yep nearly 20 since this org has produced anything worth a damn. I do feel Nix and Gailey will change that though <_<

it made me depressed. <_<

WTF was up with Scotty? When he kicked that winner in overtime agaisn't the Raiders, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there!!

He missed a couple field goals earlier in the game. One at the end of regulation that would have won it.

Thurman said if he missed the one in OT, they should throw Norwood out of the plane somewhere over North Dakota, lol.

<_<

He missed a couple field goals earlier in the game. One at the end of regulation that would have won it.

Thurman said if he missed the one in OT, they should throw Norwood out of the plane somewhere over North Dakota, lol.

<_<

He also missed an extra point. Maybe even two.

Cocky QB from an inferior league. A bunch of small-market players who couldn't get drafted by good teams. A gimpy-kneed RB that no one wanted. An old fart coach & GM no one ever heard of. No wonder this team sucked so bad.

PTR

Tops!

*Sigh* ... I miss those days ... at least us older fans have those days ... what do people who became fans in the last decade have?!?

Something to look forward to.

GO BILLS!!!

'91 was my best year for going to Bills games. My best friend and I from HS were waiting tables at Tony Romas, making good tips, goign out every night for brewskis and Tahoes plates, chasing skirts, and then spending all day on Sunday at Rich stadium. We went to the Bears, Steelers, Dolphins, and Bengals (MNF) games that year and it was a blast! I remember sitting there in the stands watching this team and thinking, "wow, this team is unstoppable....and they play in BUFFALO!!!" lol

Good times...

One of the first Bills games that I remember watching was when I was 8 years old. It was the 2000 wild card playoff game, a.k.a. the Forward Lateral game. I don't know how or why I remained a Bills fan after seeing that. The only Miracle that came out of that game is the fact that I remained a loyal Bills fan. Call me stupid or call me naive, but there is no reason why I should root for this team, yet I still do.

The 99 team could have won the Super Bowl with its bad-ass defense.

I hate to engage in counterfactualization ("If", "Coulda", "Shoulda", "Woulda"), but I'll toss a bone that direction with your post. That 1999 team - I believe - COULD have done some damage. It COULD have been the Baltimore 2000 team, just one year earlier. Quarterback? Meh. Defense? Pick your adjective. Bone-breaking. Stout. Marginally legal. Oglethorpe.

You're right. One hell of a team that year, but for one bad (yes, I'll say illegal) play.