Lebron and 2010-11

Lebron James turned into a pumpkin in games 5 & 6 od the Celtics series.

Theory:

The reason for this is that David Stern was messing with him in a well calculated plan. It is likely that immediately before game 5, Stern had one of his minions inform Lebron where he would be playing next season. I will speculate on that in a moment, but for now let's focus on the message that was sent.

By notifying James of the decision right before game 5, Stern was messing with the kid's head. Yes, at 25 he is still relatively a kid. He felt on top of the world with all the accolades, but was put in his place by the edict. The impact was clear on the court. It is the way any 25 year old would react. By having a minion deliver the message, Stern further put LJ in his place. Stern subtly let Lebron know that he could not bother to do this personally. It was the slap down before the build up. Lebron now knows who is boss.

James was quoted this morning as saying "I haven't thought much about it" when asked about his impending free agency. Of course he hasn't. It is like a child getting in a car with his dad and someone asking "Which route will you take to school this morning?". The kid has not thought about it because he has no control of it. Dad will decide how they get there.

Where will he go?:

Last year I made a statement about this. I said 60% Cleveland, 40% NY, 0% rest of the league. I still think the odds are high for each of those two teams. I have to admit that Lebron's horrific game 5 made me wonder if a huge monkey wrench wasn't thrown into the mix. I know this: whatever lines Stern's pockets the most is the answer. That eliminates 85% of the league right off. I think Stern is still trying to bilk the Chinese for investment money in the Cavs/Lebron. The world economy is not being friendly in this regard. This makes the Knicks look like an obvious fall back. Because of the economy, which is not totally in Stern's control, there may be 1 or 2 wild cards here. Chicago is being bandied about. Although it is a money center, I think this is not going to happen. There is just not enough pizazz. It will probably be used as a threat against NY interests to help Stern maximize $$$. The real wild card here is a team with a great "tradition"; a team in a large market; a team that could be seen as a destination for a player wanting to be remembered as an all time great. NY fits this equation, but there is another team which also does. The Boston Celtics. I would not be totally shocked. I will say the current odds are Cavs 50%; Knicks 40%; Celtics 9%; Bulls 1%.

The NBA is a disgrace. Teams allowed to tank multiple seasons in an effort to land specific players. Retired players traded. Current players traded, don't report and then show up with original team 30 days later. Refs rigging games. NBA basketball is a dirty game.

My Feeling about the last couple of games in the Boston-Cavs series is that Boston is peaking at the right time.

It was more of Boston just was the better team at the time. Garnet being healthy finally and Rondo player like an All-star, and the Boston bench clearly better.

I don't believe the NBA office had anything to do with what happened to LeBron on the court. I think it was bad coaching more than anything in Cleveland.

I hope he stays in Cleveland, I said in other post it took Jordan a while before he got all the right pieces and they had the best coach in Phil Jackson. I would hate to see Cleveland lose him because they would have to start from scratch all over again.

But I am dying to see the Knicks do well again. If they could get him I would be happier than a pig in mud.

80- 20 for he stays in Cleveland.

Agree with Bufcom, the Celts stepped up and took this series.

One challenge Crayonz: You really can't dismiss LBJ's performance last night (gm 6) as a pumpkin. 27 points and a triple-double in an elimination game are stats reservered for superstar athletes, and he met that criteria.

Otherwise, you're legendary!

<_<

Agree with Bufcom, the Celts stepped up and took this series.

One challenge Crayonz: You really can't dismiss LBJ's performance last night (gm 6) as a pumpkin. 27 points and a triple-double in an elimination game are stats reservered for superstar athletes, and he met that criteria.

Otherwise, you're legendary!

<_<

He almost had a quadruple double with 9 turnovers.........Strangely, he did hit double figures in the number of Celtics fans he high fived in his victory march off the court.

Lebron will either go to the Knicks or Cleveland I can't see him going anywhere else. Honestly I think its 50/50 on Cleveland or New York. The fact that the Knicks are the only team with enough cap room to get 2 max players makes them an actual possibility.

Lebron could go there and bring one of his friends (Chris Bosh or Wade) with him to be the Robin to his Batman. Or he could stay with Cleveland and hope that the cast they have put around him (Shaq, Mo Williams, and Jamison) is enough to win a title. Also if Lebron goes to New York they still have the contract of Eddie Curry to trade away for a player to help as well.

If I had to put money on it I say he goes to New York the idea of picking his own second in command is more appealing then the castoffs Cleveland has assembled.

He almost had a quadruple double with 9 turnovers.........Strangely, he did hit double figures in the number of Celtics fans he high fived in his victory march off the court.

Touche`. So, nearly a quintuple-double :thumbsup:

Lebron will either go to the Knicks or Cleveland I can't see him going anywhere else. Honestly I think its 50/50 on Cleveland or New York. The fact that the Knicks are the only team with enough cap room to get 2 max players makes them an actual possibility.

Lebron could go there and bring one of his friends (Chris Bosh or Wade) with him to be the Robin to his Batman. Or he could stay with Cleveland and hope that the cast they have put around him (Shaq, Mo Williams, and Jamison) is enough to win a title. Also if Lebron goes to New York they still have the contract of Eddie Curry to trade away for a player to help as well.

If I had to put money on it I say he goes to New York the idea of picking his own second in command is more appealing then the castoffs Cleveland has assembled.

The fact that the Knicks are the only team with enough cap room to get 2 max players makes them an actual possibility.

that is not correct\

Miami has plenty of cap space for a max contract or even 2 to team with Wade

If LeBron is in fact in play, Pat Riley makes Miami a serious player in the sweepstakes

Seriously people...you can invest yourself in a sport that is downright crooked?

Refs determining the outcome of games.

Teams tanking 2+ seasons to have a chance in the great 2010 FA extravaganza.

Players tanking games.

and on

and on

and on

what a farkin joke that entire league is