So just found out my Fiance has been cheating on me

Stl Bills

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** happens. Move past it.

Which doesn't mean "you shouldn't be upset, you kitty". It means don't let being upset about it define you.

I never thought I would say this to you :), but that is a really good piece of advice, and a really good way to say it.

As a guy who will have 10 years of happy marriage come this saturday my advice is to simply let go of the anger and it sounds as though it is time to move on. Obviously I do not know either one of you, nor the circumstances, so far be it to me to suggest the "final answer."

What I do know is that when the situation is right you will be at peace with both the person and the idea of getting married. It sounds like there was turmoil in advance of even this event. My experiience tells me that while you feel burned now you will be thankful down the road that this ended sooner rather than later.

At the same time having said all of that, I agree with Sage. If this was a one time mistake, a misjudgement at a moment in time perhaps you work at reconcilliation. I have two friends who married under this exact scenario. They have two kids and a great marriage (now going on 20 years).

You will know what is right in your gut based on what you have shared with your fiance over the length of your relationship.

10 years this thursday for me buffalobill! you got married on a monday in the year 2000? oh well thats another thing.

while no one wants their fiancee kissing another guy....I actually suggest take her back if both requirements are met

1. you really love her. like die for her kind of love. romeo/juliet stuff.

2. she is really sorry for her mistake. like heartfelt. not a basic, sorry. wont happen again.

oh yeah dont do anything dumb. its already too late. dont get in trouble.

take time...get mad, get sad, have plenty of quality 'me time'...down the road, you will be amazed at how good things will have turned out...but by all means, let the emotions take their turn, then turn the page...best of luck dude!

Thanks for the kind words/advice everybody its amazing how as the day has gone on I actually feel a lot more relieved now than I do angry. Not gonna lie, still pretty hurt bc my entire life just changed today but I'm starting to realize how lucky I am that I found this shiit out now. Gonna quit feeling sorry for myself and go find the first piece of rebound Tang sooner than later. Might have to call that chick with the huge cans from a few years ago, my EX-fiance hated her. Fug it.

Thanks for the kind words/advice everybody its amazing how as the day has gone on I actually feel a lot more relieved now than I do angry. Not gonna lie, still pretty hurt bc my entire life just changed today but I'm starting to realize how lucky I am that I found this shiit out now. Gonna quit feeling sorry for myself and go find the first piece of rebound Tang sooner than later. Might have to call that chick with huge cans from a few years ago, my EX-fiance hated her. Fug it.

Women. Can't live with 'em...pass the beer nuts.

The amount of sympathy tail you're about to get is going to epic. Choose wisely.

Thanks for the kind words/advice everybody its amazing how as the day has gone on I actually feel a lot more relieved now than I do angry. Not gonna lie, still pretty hurt bc my entire life just changed today but I'm starting to realize how lucky I am that I found this shiit out now. Gonna quit feeling sorry for myself and go find the first piece of rebound Tang sooner than later. Might have to call that chick with the huge cans from a few years ago, my EX-fiance hated her. Fug it.

1.) Nail her sister.

2.) What? No sister??

3.) Give it to her Mom.

4.) Take pics and mail appropriately.

5.) Win...

The amount of sympathy tail you're about to get is going to epic. Choose wisely.

Choose wisely my ass, I'm taking on all comers (slight pun intended). Hell, I'd even bang the chick in my avatar right now just to get back at her. I'm just gonna stay single and have a lot of fun, like the old me used to do. :)

I'd even bang the chick in my avatar right now just to get back at her.

What chick in your avatar? :)

I know that's gotta sting, bro....hang in there!

No found out from other people and she denied denied denied until I finally had enough info to call her out on her own BS. Then she finally cracked, says she only kissed the dude...don't believe her and don't give a shiit, she made me look like a fool for long enough. Thats another thing she wasn't even good at sneaking around, so she was just out there making me look like an idiot. Luckily enough for me, some of her friends have enough respect for me that they didn't want me to be in a situation where I was actually married to this skank. I've put a roof over her head for the two years we've lived together and she hasn't paid a single bill the whole time (she was only were working part time while MY PARENTS put her through nursing school).

:) Smart man. If you had believed that I'd suggest you get your noggin examined.

As a guy who will have 10 years of happy marriage come this saturday my advice is to simply let go of the anger and it sounds as though it is time to move on. Obviously I do not know either one of you, nor the circumstances, so far be it to me to suggest the "final answer."

What I do know is that when the situation is right you will be at peace with both the person and the idea of getting married. It sounds like there was turmoil in advance of even this event. My experiience tells me that while you feel burned now you will be thankful down the road that this ended sooner rather than later.

At the same time having said all of that, I agree with Sage. If this was a one time mistake, a misjudgement at a moment in time perhaps you work at reconcilliation. I have two friends who married under this exact scenario. They have two kids and a great marriage (now going on 20 years).

You will know what is right in your gut based on what you have shared with your fiance over the length of your relationship.

If she had admitted it when he first approached her you may be right but the fact she denied it so many times says, to me, to say adios.

Tom's gettin' all soft on us.

And his wife. BA DUM BUM Ptsch!

Women... can't live with 'em... can't shoot 'em.---Steven Wright

"Women: You can't live with them, and you can't get them to dress up in a skimpy little Nazi costume and beat you with a warm squash or something..." - Emo Philips.