Levi Brown will be great

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite - Kyle Calloway, OT, Iowa was the Bills last pick, Levi Brown was their penultimate pick. Brown was projected as a 3rd-4th round pick - the Bills had to consider him a steal when he was still around in the 7th. Who knows why a QB falls that far in the draft? Why did Tom Brady fall to round 6, or Pro Bowl QBs Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, or Jake Delhomme all go undrafted?

Levi Brown is raw but ran an Air Raid style spread offense at Troy, putting up as many as 72 attempts in a game, and passing for 4250 yards and a 146 rating his senior year. Dude can certainly throw the ball, and I think Gailey and Cortez can work with the kid. Personally, I think he'll eventually outshine the first round Tim Tebow, 2nd round Jimmy Claussen, and 3rd round Colt McCoy.

Right, that makes perfect sense. In a smaller division, against far inferior competition, and in the same spread offense that the pundits have used for their basis of discrediting Tebow, one can obviously make the logical assumption that Levi Brown is going to outshine the man who re-wrote the collegiate record books and stands like a giant among men over the greatest cerebral QB in the NFL today, statistically speaking. Yea, that has a ton of credibility.

I think it will be Trent, Bhrom and Levi as I don't think they will take a chance to put Levi on waviers so he goes to the PS.

Fitz will be odd man out IMO, although it could be Trent if he doesn't step it up. Bhrom and levi are developing so maybe they will hold on to the both of them

I don't see any problems with Brown going to the practice squad. He was a seventh-rounder for a reason. Nobody is going to pick him up at that point.

Then we can call him "Bad, Bad, Levi Brown......"

(and if you don't get it, you're too young)

On second thought, we may call him that regardless!!

I definitely get it and the original song sucked, really big. It always amazed me the airplay that piece of garbage got.

Sorry man, my bad. What was I thinking?

Actually I'm thinking much more clearly than anyone that thinks that any GM or Coach in a situation like the Bills have been in the last 10 years, would wait until the 7th round to pick a QB that they thought had a real chance to start in the future for their currently pathetic team.

You disagree? Would YOU do that? You wouldn't even spend a 5th round pick on the guy you have hopes to be your future starter, and your team's QB's have blown for 10 years?

Really, I would like to hear a logical answer to that.

Sure the Patriots might have looked at the board and noticed that Brady was still around, and taken a flyer on him (that's what you do with your 6th, 7th round QB picks), but they likely thought that he MIGHT make a nice BACKUP QB someday, because he had some of the qualities that they wanted in a QB (tall, good leadership). THEY GOT REAL LUCKY.

These Bills are a whole 'nother story.

If the Bills had their eye on this guy the whole time but just let him sit there for any of the other QB desperate teams to pick him, they would have to be idiots.

They took a flyer. I don't think they are expecting him to be the QB of the future, I think they hadn't picked a QB yet, and he was the highest rated QB left on their board, so they chose him.

Those QB's you listed? Obviously no teams thought very highly of them, but people on this board are making statements about how Nix and Gailey must have really seen something special in Levi Brown, and I think that is silly. Some kind of wishful thinking that is being projected onto the situation.

The quarterback situation is actually DIRE. Same guys as last year, none of whom have accomplished much at all, and most likely, another season of field goals, and generally DULL football from our Bills.

Most logical post so far....but I do believe bad teams can have an exciting offense. And with the addition of Spiller and Chan's offensive philosophy, I think they will be pretty dynamic, even if we end up losing most of our games.

People seem to forget that with even a pretty good defense, when we played good offense on rare occasion (patriots, cowboys) our defense/ST's let up at times as well.

I don't any meaningful to back this other then a gut feeling and that not this year, but in the future this guy is gonna be the man. He just looks the part.

Yes, but does he have Chroise?!?

Yep. If he hits, it was a lucky pick. Reportedly the Bills had a 4th round grade on him, but waited until 3 rounds later to take him.

And if no one distinguishes himself, I say start Brown and let him learn this year. No one is expecting playoffs this year anyway.

Can we please stop with this foolishness. Playing the lowly drafted player this season would be tantamount to tanking the season. Just stop with such lunacy. Isn't it about time the team strived for being competitive, win or lose, instead of having people advocate for not giving your team a chance on the field. Why don't we just bring back Marv Levy to be the GM if we want to strive to be bad? :thumbsup:

Can we please stop with this foolishness. Playing the lowly drafted player this season would be tantamount to tanking the season. Just stop with such lunacy. Isn't it about time the team strived for being competitive, win or lose, instead of having people advocate for not giving your team a chance on the field. Why don't we just bring back Marv Levy to be the GM if we want to strive to be bad? :thumbsup:

You must have missed the "if no one distinguishes himself" part.

You must have missed the "if no one distinguishes himself" part.

Non of the three qbs on this roster can be considered distinguishable. But at least they are credible players, even if mediocre. Playing an ill-prepared player at qb such as Levi Brown would be disasterous. It would be patently unfair to the paying customers and to the rest of the players on the roster. If you want to demoralize your team, even if it consistently loses, then continue to advocate your position.

There were many reasons why the Bills were out of the running last year as soon as the season started. One of the most prominent reasons was not having a NFL caliber player at the LT position. That deficiency sunk the offense before it barely got started. What do you think would happen if Levi Brown got the nod to play qb so soon in his career?

Whose to say that we cant have our own version of Tom Brady?!?

Lets go Levi!!!!

History and statistics say he won't be a Tom Brady. HOF-bound franchise QB's picked late in the draft come around once in a generation.

We'll be extremely lucky if Levi turns into a Gus Frerotte-type guy (also a fellow 7th round pick).

Brown is in a very good position to shine. Edwards/Fitz have about the shakiest hold on their positions as anyone in the NFL, Brohm may or not be "all that" but didn't impress all that much on his former team. Brown is in a kind of no lose position, and if he has a rocket arm and quick delivery, he may get a chance to star very early on. I'm pulling for the guy, although anyone who improves the qb position (including TE or Fitz) will be a real key to turning this team around. Mobility and quick decision making will be a real premium unless we bolster the pathetic offensive line.

Sorry man, my bad. What was I thinking?

Actually I'm thinking much more clearly than anyone that thinks that any GM or Coach in a situation like the Bills have been in the last 10 years, would wait until the 7th round to pick a QB that they thought had a real chance to start in the future for their currently pathetic team.

You disagree? Would YOU do that? You wouldn't even spend a 5th round pick on the guy you have hopes to be your future starter, and your team's QB's have blown for 10 years?

Really, I would like to hear a logical answer to that.

Sure the Patriots might have looked at the board and noticed that Brady was still around, and taken a flyer on him (that's what you do with your 6th, 7th round QB picks), but they likely thought that he MIGHT make a nice BACKUP QB someday, because he had some of the qualities that they wanted in a QB (tall, good leadership). THEY GOT REAL LUCKY.

These Bills are a whole 'nother story.

If the Bills had their eye on this guy the whole time but just let him sit there for any of the other QB desperate teams to pick him, they would have to be idiots.

They took a flyer. I don't think they are expecting him to be the QB of the future, I think they hadn't picked a QB yet, and he was the highest rated QB left on their board, so they chose him.

Those QB's you listed? Obviously no teams thought very highly of them, but people on this board are making statements about how Nix and Gailey must have really seen something special in Levi Brown, and I think that is silly. Some kind of wishful thinking that is being projected onto the situation.

The quarterback situation is actually DIRE. Same guys as last year, none of whom have accomplished much at all, and most likely, another season of field goals, and generally DULL football from our Bills.

I'm thinking you are probably a pretty happy guy; a joy to be around and inspirational to those with whom you come into contact.

Am I right?

History and statistics say he won't be a Tom Brady. HOF-bound franchise QB's picked late in the draft come around once in a generation.

We'll be extremely lucky if Levi turns into a Gus Frerotte-type guy (also a fellow 7th round pick).

Sorry, was not implying that he would be a HOF QB.

I don't any meaningful to back this other then a gut feeling and that not this year, but in the future this guy is gonna be the man. He just looks the part.

Plus it's the off season I'm looking for things to be hopeful about, and this is my bold projection.

Go Bills

He will make the practice squad, and thats where he'll spend his career.

Non of the three qbs on this roster can be considered distinguishable. But at least they are credible players, even if mediocre. Playing an ill-prepared player at qb such as Levi Brown would be disasterous. It would be patently unfair to the paying customers and to the rest of the players on the roster. If you want to demoralize your team, even if it consistently loses, then continue to advocate your position.

There were many reasons why the Bills were out of the running last year as soon as the season started. One of the most prominent reasons was not having a NFL caliber player at the LT position. That deficiency sunk the offense before it barely got started. What do you think would happen if Levi Brown got the nod to play qb so soon in his career?

Who knows? He could develop. Edwards and Fitz are pretty much knowns, although whether they're credible is open for debate. And if Brohm hasn't shown enough to beat-out a 7th rounder...

If anything, they could have him so what the Jets did with Sanchez. Hand the ball off and pick the spots to throw the ball.

Wasn't tom brady a sixth round pick? I suspect that the odds are against L. Brown for sure and if you were to get odds it would be TE as the first choice, Fitz/Brohm neck and neck for the backup and Levi fighting to get on the team or even the taxi squad. On the other hand TE and Fitz have both had their chance leading an offensive unit without adequate pass protection, and L. Brown might be better at leading an offensive unit without adequate pass protection. I would have thought the more obvious course of action would have been to strengthen the pass protection and see which qb could lead the team.

Right, that makes perfect sense. In a smaller division, against far inferior competition, and in the same spread offense that the pundits have used for their basis of discrediting Tebow, one can obviously make the logical assumption that Levi Brown is going to outshine the man who re-wrote the collegiate record books and stands like a giant among men over the greatest cerebral QB in the NFL today, statistically speaking. Yea, that has a ton of credibility.

You must be referring to Graham Harrell - no, I'm not sure Levi Brown will outshine Graham, but the careers of Tebow, Clausen, and McCoy will pale compared to Brown's.

I hope you are right. He is an unknown quantity, but so was "he who must not be named" that plays for the Patriots.

Yeah Tom Brady wasn't an unknown quantity, he played major D1 ball at Michigan. Thats in the Big Ten.