Time to see how these sun-belt rookies handle snow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al's been busy...just purchased a 4th home. 0:)

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/28/ho...p-gore-20100428

Hmmmm...Al, taking up residence in the largest electoral state in the country...just an 'inconvenient coincidence'? Clearly, Al's not clipping any coupons these days - nice to see a public servant doing so well.

Wonder if the earth is warming in Montecito (it's not in Buffalo, nor - apparently - in Utica), what the 'carbon footprint' is of that 5 bed/9 bath manse, and how much fresh water and energy he'll consume to fill and heat that swimming pool and run those fountains?

Oh well...

19 and 0 baby!!! :(

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :beer:

Hmmmm...Al, taking up residence in the largest electoral state in the country...just an 'inconvenient coincidence'? Clearly, Al's not clipping any coupons these days - nice to see a public servant doing so well.

Wonder if the earth is warming in Montecito (it's not in Buffalo, nor - apparently - in Utica), what the 'carbon footprint' is of that 5 bed/9 bath manse, and how much fresh water and energy he'll consume to fill and heat that swimming pool and run those fountains?

Oh well...

19 and 0 baby!!! 0:)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :beer:

I think deep down inside, you wanna visit PPP, but your better side tells you otherwise. :(

It's day 3 of rookie camp, the winds have died down, and it's snowing ever-so-lightly - let's see what some of these Florida, Georgia, and Alabama kids look like in the RWS bowl with a little lite snow!

Actually, you are almost exactly right. The Ralph (was Rich back when) has notorious windy days. They should have stayed out and practiced in it....to get used to playing games under such conditions. I was at (the Rich) the day that Joe Willie Namath came out with the later world champ jets.....and he threw 3 for 23 with 5 interceptions.....the Jets only lost a couple that year.....but one was to the Bills in that kind of weather. So, practice in the wind...and the snow...because on game day, you can't retreat to the dome. Its the advantage of playing in Buffalo, you are supposed to be ready for this stuff. (OK, maybe the rookie camp should move inside...just to see their moves)

Actually, you are almost exactly right. The Ralph (was Rich back when) has notorious windy days. They should have stayed out and practiced in it....to get used to playing games under such conditions. I was at (the Rich) the day that Joe Willie Namath came out with the later world champ jets.....and he threw 3 for 23 with 5 interceptions.....the Jets only lost a couple that year.....but one was to the Bills in that kind of weather. So, practice in the wind...and the snow...because on game day, you can't retreat to the dome. Its the advantage of playing in Buffalo, you are supposed to be ready for this stuff. (OK, maybe the rookie camp should move inside...just to see their moves)

I would think it's a more productive idea to have ideal conditions in the first rookie minicamp of the year. Like you said, we need to see what they can do and how they are picking up the playbook. There is a time for practicing in the elements, and 60 mph wind gusts dont lead to a productive practice. The key is learning new stuff right now.

Hell yeah! You could bus them over to Utica, we got 3 inches here!

I would also like to give a shout out to Al Gore! What's up pal?

It was 90-degrees in March here in New Hampshire. Funny how no one mentions Al Gore on days like that.

PTR

It was 90-degrees in March here in New Hampshire. Funny how no one mentions Al Gore on days like that.

PTR

There are a lot of people who don't mention Al Gore on days like today either! I am unwilling to give that man a pass.

There are a lot of people who don't mention Al Gore on days like today either! I am unwilling to give that man a pass.

Or that people mention him at all on a single day, month or even year.... Kind of one of those things that's a long term trend isn't it?

That said, man is a schmuck and a hypocrit.

Hell yeah! You could bus them over to Utica, we got 3 inches here!

I would also like to give a shout out to Al Gore! What's up pal?

If I may answer for him ... when I was a kid in Buffalo, we rarely saw the grass this early in the year. That's what's up.

Roughly the size of Rhode Island, but that doesn't matter. Global WarmingTM is George Bush's fault.

Ah. So Bush lives in a small hovel, bathes in a stream and never uses the AC down in the Texas summers. The rich are different from you and me. I'm guessing Rush Limbaugh has a bit of a carbon footprint too. Party don't enter into it.