"All pro is what we're going for..."

Wow, that was cool. Okay, complete fandom moment. If Edwards (or Brohm) manage to become a a legitimate QB and we sign Gaither we would actually be competitive in this division. We could make the playoffs? :thumbsup:

I am with you . things are getting exciting

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

"This entry was posted on Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 4:40 am"

I pretty sure May 7th, 2010 was yesterday. I don't know where you get the idea that this was from last year

Posted on the website yesterday. Posted on Youtube in September.

What?

I pretty sure May 7th, 2010 was yesterday. I don't know where you get the idea that this was from last year

check the original vid here:

posted September 23, 2009

The problem with Trent - and why some continue to be enamored with him - is that he looks the part of an NFL QB, but lacks the most important tool needed to be a successful one: a QB's brain. Not saying he is unintelligent, but he has no swagger to his game, no confidence, no killer instinct, and no aggression. He lacks the alpha male personality that the great QBs have. This is a player who is very comparable to Rob Johnson - he has all the measureables you'd want in a QB, but none of the intangibles. At Stanford, he was often sacked, often injured, threw ONE 300 yd game his entire collegiate career, and wasn't a winner. There was a legitimate reason why he lasted until the end of round 3 and those same problems have continued to plague him in Buffalo. He just doesn't have 'it' and most likely, never will..

I completely disagree. Trent Edwards has the swagger, and he definitely showed he can be a very good QB in this league very early in his career. The lack of an O-line and the concussions started his spiral downward, and then combine that with Dick and his theatrics (firing his O-coordinator days before the start of the season). People around here turn on a player and then everyone and their mother throws him under the bus, that's just the way this messageboard is. Trent wouldn't surprise me at all if he comes out this year as a very good QB.

I completely disagree. Trent Edwards has the swagger, and he definitely showed he can be a very good QB in this league very early in his career. The lack of an O-line and the concussions started his spiral downward, and then combine that with Dick and his theatrics (firing his O-coordinator days before the start of the season). People around here turn on a player and then everyone and their mother throws him under the bus, that's just the way this messageboard is. Trent wouldn't surprise me at all if he comes out this year as a very good QB.

Don't forget either that the Bills played last season without an Offensive Coordinator. Not saying that Edwards is suddenly going to be Peyton Manning, but it should help to have someone who has had success calling plays this year.

All depends if we can stop teams from running all over us.

time will tell - but that is why we drafted the way we did - to be better than 30th in the nfl against the run - because it doesnt matter who the qb or lt is if we cant stop the run

Hopefully, we addressed that in the draft and with the change in schemes.

Also free agency…Dwan Edwards…Andra Davis...

The problem with Trent - and why some continue to be enamored with him - is that he looks the part of an NFL QB, but lacks the most important tool needed to be a successful one: a QB's brain. Not saying he is unintelligent, but he has no swagger to his game, no confidence, no killer instinct, and no aggression. He lacks the alpha male personality that the great QBs have. This is a player who is very comparable to Rob Johnson - he has all the measureables you'd want in a QB, but none of the intangibles. At Stanford, he was often sacked, often injured, threw ONE 300 yd game his entire collegiate career, and wasn't a winner. There was a legitimate reason why he lasted until the end of round 3 and those same problems have continued to plague him in Buffalo. He just doesn't have 'it' and most likely, never will..

I will agree that Trent doesn't have swagger. Someone remarked yesterday in the "last Edwards thread" that he was arrogant. I've never met Trent but he doesn't seem arrogant to me. He seems like a boy scout, a goodie two shoes, an earnest, well-meaning person. I don't know if his personality lends itself to NFL QBing to be honest. I'm trying to think of another QB who projects a similar personality. Coming up empty at the moment.

What?

I haven't viewed the video yet, but last year at this time, on this board, there was a workout video featuring Trent working out with these long-ass cables doing body resistance type training. There were references to Drew Brees introducing him to this workout. So even if it's not the same video, it's the 2nd year he's been using this workout regimen.

Chris Brown

Posted May 8, 2010 – 6:00 am

Tags: Trent Edwards

As we told you last offseason, Bills QB Trent Edwards in talking with Super Bowl MVP QB Drew Brees, discovered a training program called TRX, which uses straps that suspend your natural body weight using it as resistance instead of weights and removes the pounding on joints during training. Well we’ve found video of Trent’s workout.

Trent is sweating big time during a lot of these movements and exercises. Brees is a big proponent of this training regimen and still uses it. Edwards is now in offseason number two of doing the same.

Yeah, he's got a chip on his shoulder alright - Dakota Fanning must have rebuffed his advances.

Every college and NFL QB takes hard hits (and plays hurt) - every single one of 'em - yet Edwards somehow has managed only one complete season w/out injury since H.S. (his junior season at Stanford). Whether the guy doesn't know how to avoid a hit or just doesn't know how to fall without hurting himself, he lacks the toughness/durability to last in the NFL.

I wish him well at Synopsys.

:beer:

Great to see that the guy has taken his benching last season to heart. I also like the idea of not just using weights. I remember an article in football prospectus two years ago about the Cowboys training staff using less Olympic weights and more workouts using less conventional weight setups. The point of the article was that using less impact methods of training to build strength created less chance of injury.

I hope in Trent's case this works out for him.

The way the coaches are forcing him to earn the starting job is the only way he's going to rebuild the confidence necessary to rebound from an abysmal 2009. Talk of "no depth chart" etc. is what he needs.

Yep.

I will agree that Trent doesn't have swagger. Someone remarked yesterday in the "last Edwards thread" that he was arrogant. I've never met Trent but he doesn't seem arrogant to me. He seems like a boy scout, a goodie two shoes, an earnest, well-meaning person. I don't know if his personality lends itself to NFL QBing to be honest. I'm trying to think of another QB who projects a similar personality. Coming up empty at the moment.

Good assessment of his personality, I'd say. Funny about the Drew Brees/TRX connection, because I think that Brees is that QB who projects a similar personality...was hyped over and over in all the SB coverage. Just watch Brees take charge as a real leader of his team, though, and you'll see the quality which Trent hasn't shown much of to this point.

Well, now he's got a second chance. Some real competition should help sort out the QB order. Let's hope Brohm provides that competition. The guy who grabs the job by the throat will probably be the guy who can grab opposing teams by the throat.

where do these comments comes from?

This team is awful, top to bottom, so one of our QB plays well and we get a LT from someone else and we're competitive....based on what?

We have no idea if this coaching staff knows what they are doing. We have no WR to speak of. We have 1 football and 3 RB fighting for it, we have a brand new defensive skeem coming in and do we have the personal to actually run the 3-4. Can our OLB actually play the position since they were all DE in a 4-3? So many questions and a what if leads to, can we make the playoffs?

The real question is can we prevent yet another losing season? Can we win a game within our division? Can we play in a meaningful game come November, let alone December. And lastly, does anyone really think the Bills will trade for Gaither? If we do, I bet we finish with one of the 3 worst records in the league and wasted a super high 2nd rounder.

Offer a 4th in 2011 and a 3rd in 2012 that can be upgraded to a 2nd.

I am not too sure if we have the PERSONAL to run the 3-4 SKEEM, but we have made a solid effort to go out and get the right PERSONNEL to run the 3-4 SCHEME!

Idiot. :beer:

I am not too sure if we have the PERSONAL to run the 3-4 SKEEM, but we have made a solid effort to go out and get the right PERSONNEL to run the 3-4 SCHEME!

Idiot. :beer:

and that changes the fact that on paper this team still sucks! We have a completely unproven coaching staff and how many players being asked to play out of position?

there's a difference between a realist and idiot. The realist see what is truly there, the idiot doesn't and let their rose colored glasses see what they want.

Wake up and look at what this franchise has become....a completely joke that can't do anything right!

Chris Brown

Posted May 8, 2010 – 6:00 am

Tags: Trent Edwards

As we told you last offseason, Bills QB Trent Edwards in talking with Super Bowl MVP QB Drew Brees, discovered a training program called TRX, which uses straps that suspend your natural body weight using it as resistance instead of weights and removes the pounding on joints during training. Well we’ve found video of Trent’s workout.

Trent is sweating big time during a lot of these movements and exercises. Brees is a big proponent of this training regimen and still uses it. Edwards is now in offseason number two of doing the same.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

I agree, Trent has never displayed the leadership capabilities necessary to be a successful NFL qb. Just doesn't seem to have that burning competitive fire.

I agree, Trent has never displayed the leadership capabilities necessary to be a successful NFL qb. Just doesn't seem to have that burning competitive fire.

i live in cincinnati, where the local professional football team, whether up or down (by their standards) have not beaten the team from Buffalo in a regular or post-season game since 1988. So shut up your whining and support your team, or ill send Trent over to yer house to beat yer ass and steal yer ugly little girlfriend.

War Bills.

We have a good B I N G O