"All pro is what we're going for..."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, though the physical workout cannot help him shake the after effects of the pounding he's taken. Above and beyond everything else I hope his head is on straight again.

http://www.sportsfanshopdeals.com/trent-ed...k-trx-training/

Trent's off season exercise video getting ready for the season. It's safe to say he's got a chip on his shoulder.

Wow, that was cool. Okay, complete fandom moment. If Edwards (or Brohm) manage to become a a legitimate QB and we sign Gaither we would actually be competitive in this division. We could make the playoffs? :thumbsup:

Wow, that was cool. Okay, complete fandom moment. If Edwards (or Brohm) manage to become a a legitimate QB and we sign Gaither we would actually be competitive in this division. We could make the playoffs? :thumbsup:

All depends if we can stop teams from running all over us.

Trent's off season exercise video getting ready for the season. It's safe to say he's got a chip on his shoulder.

The problem with Trent - and why some continue to be enamored with him - is that he looks the part of an NFL QB, but lacks the most important tool needed to be a successful one: a QB's brain. Not saying he is unintelligent, but he has no swagger to his game, no confidence, no killer instinct, and no aggression. He lacks the alpha male personality that the great QBs have. This is a player who is very comparable to Rob Johnson - he has all the measureables you'd want in a QB, but none of the intangibles. At Stanford, he was often sacked, often injured, threw ONE 300 yd game his entire collegiate career, and wasn't a winner. There was a legitimate reason why he lasted until the end of round 3 and those same problems have continued to plague him in Buffalo. He just doesn't have 'it' and most likely, never will..

Yeah, he's got a chip on his shoulder alright - Dakota Fanning must have rebuffed his advances.

Every college and NFL QB takes hard hits (and plays hurt) - every single one of 'em - yet Edwards somehow has managed only one complete season w/out injury since H.S. (his junior season at Stanford). Whether the guy doesn't know how to avoid a hit or just doesn't know how to fall without hurting himself, he lacks the toughness/durability to last in the NFL.

I wish him well at Synopsys.

He should.

I am 50/50 on Trent at this point.

Obviously, as a Bills fan I want SOMEBODY to emerge as our QB for atleast the next 3-5 seasons, and I would love it if it was somebody who is already on the roster.

I don't think Trent truly received any attention and grooming at the professional level since his arrival. He was thrown into the mix w/minimal 1-on-1 time because our coaching staff was so bad, and because JP was so bad. His first game was against New England, of all teams, in NE to top it off. Our offensive line has been mediocre at best, and with the exception of last season, we have not had a solid #2 WR since the Moulds/ Price combo back in the early part of this decade. And even that was only for 1 season.

Not to mention the fact that he clearly has regressed since the second concussion against AZ.

I think we have the makings of a better team now. Spiller will help. Everyone has forgotten about Evans. If we jump in and make a trade for Baltimore's LT Gaither, our OL will start to shape up. We finally have both an offensive minded head coach and a real QB coach with proven experience in Cortez. Perhaps one of these new WR's will fill that #2 role.

Though I think All Pro is a fantasy at best, I wish Trent the best and hope that he wins the job!

GO BILLS!

The way the coaches are forcing him to earn the starting job is the only way he's going to rebuild the confidence necessary to rebound from an abysmal 2009. Talk of "no depth chart" etc. is what he needs.

I totally understand why people hate Trent, as his play in 2009 was incredibly frustrating. But as several people commented last year, the biggest problem with jettisoning Peters with no Plan B, breaking up the right side of the line, and the associated chaos with the offensive philosophy was that we wouldn't find out what we had in Edwards.

All we found out about Trent in 2009 is that he is the last QB you want leading an offense with a poorly conceived scheme, frequent protection breakdowns, a rash of injuries, and no sense of identity.

People are deluding themselves when they pretend to know that's all you'll get out of Trent with a coherent offensive system, better protection, and a head coach who knows what the hell he's trying to get out of his players.

where do these comments comes from?

This team is awful, top to bottom, so one of our QB plays well and we get a LT from someone else and we're competitive....based on what?

We have no idea if this coaching staff knows what they are doing. We have no WR to speak of. We have 1 football and 3 RB fighting for it, we have a brand new defensive skeem coming in and do we have the personal to actually run the 3-4. Can our OLB actually play the position since they were all DE in a 4-3? So many questions and a what if leads to, can we make the playoffs?

The real question is can we prevent yet another losing season? Can we win a game within our division? Can we play in a meaningful game come November, let alone December. And lastly, does anyone really think the Bills will trade for Gaither? If we do, I bet we finish with one of the 3 worst records in the league and wasted a super high 2nd rounder.

Offer a 4th in 2011 and a 3rd in 2012 that can be upgraded to a 2nd.

This team is awful, top to bottom, so one of our QB plays well and we get a LT from someone else and we're competitive....based on what?

We have no idea if this coaching staff knows what they are doing. We have no WR to speak of. We have 1 football and 3 RB fighting for it, we have a brand new defensive skeem coming in and do we have the personal to actually run the 3-4. Can our OLB actually play the position since they were all DE in a 4-3? So many questions and a what if leads to, can we make the playoffs?

The real question is can we prevent yet another losing season? Can we win a game within our division? Can we play in a meaningful game come November, let alone December. And lastly, does anyone really think the Bills will trade for Gaither? If we do, I bet we finish with one of the 3 worst records in the league and wasted a super high 2nd rounder.

Nice Optimism on a Saturday Morning in May...if you're going to be a total buzz kill at least spell "scheme" right. Did you learn that at skool? Go Bills!

Only response you get from me:

Troll :thumbsup:

Try analyzing what I actually stated.

hate to be a debbie downer but they did this same thing last year. this might even be that same video. either way, it's been done and we saw how that went already. unfortunately.

edit: yeah looks like it's last year's video. maybe this offseason he focused on becoming a QB instead of a gym rat?

Vid is from september 2009...

I believe he reached out to Drew Brees last year and asked him, "how do you continue to do it over the course of the season?" and it was Drew who turned him to this workout regimen. Obviously wasn't able to help him become all pro, because like I stated, Trent's problems are between his ears and not with his body...

Yeah, we know how well all that training worked out for him since that video is from last year.

What?

"This entry was posted on Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 4:40 am"

I pretty sure May 7th, 2010 was yesterday. I don't know where you get the idea that this was from last year