Bills, Bears headline eight teams headed for trouble in 2010

Feels good to win something!

Can't really argue. We are just going to have to see (a) how much of an upgrade Gailey is from Jauron and (b) how much that upgrade can improve the team without a significant player personnel change.

Although, I'll say that I roll my eyes at the constant singing of the Jets' praises. They have a very, very good team. But signing an inconsistent, one-good-year CB (Cromartie), an injured, declining RB (Tomlinson) and an already-suspended, headache WR (Holmes) doesn't really impress me very much. Considering they cut ties with TJ and Leon Washington...I wonder if the net was positive at all.

More like "Mired in trouble for the 2000's". I'm almost always Mr. Optimism when it comes to the Bills (I supported Rob Johnson!) but this season looks like it'll be very tough to watch.

Hey with New Orleans and Pittsburgh on the list we're in good company. National writers are overly impressed with "name" signings and are agog with Jets and Phins. I think they will be surprised this year. The writer did like Chan however.

More like "Mired in trouble for the 2000's". I'm almost always Mr. Optimism when it comes to the Bills (I supported Rob Johnson!) but this season looks like it'll be very tough to watch.

Muggins -- No shame in that. I still have a "Bills Football" T-shirt that has "Johnson - 11" on the back. I wanted to throw it out but my friends make me wear it because I supported RJ over Flutie back in the 90's. I get sympathetic looks when I wear it to the gym.

Don Banks is the kind of writer, IMO, who looks at the transactions lists for teams and if recognizes names added off the bat it's good and if he recognizes names that have been let go off the bat it's bad. No further analysis needed.

Me thinks Don is a little more informed than that...

If you are old enough to remember the late 80's then you know the "experts" picked the Bills dead last right before we exploded into our Super Bowl run. Small school players like Andre Reed impressed no one. Thurman Thomas was an injury-prone back who fell in the draft. Kelly was hot crap in the USFL but unproven in the NFL. The point is none of these guys have crystal balls. They report the obvious. But they are wrong a lot more than they are right. You'll see. The Bills are going to be a lot better than folks expect. They weren't 0-16 the last ten years. A few key players and coach with a pair (unlike Dickless Jauron) will make the difference

PTR

This is one of the worst-thought out articles I've read. He puts Buffalo on the list, but ignores Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland --- C'mon. I'm surprised this idiot doesn't work for ESPN. Other posters are right on -- it's all about what players-that-I've heard of signed with who this year for him. Forget about the bloated contracts or past-their prime abilities (LT).

This is one of the worst-thought out articles I've read. He puts Buffalo on the list, but ignores Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland --- C'mon. I'm surprised this idiot doesn't work for ESPN. Other posters are right on -- it's all about what players-that-I've heard of signed with who this year for him. Forget about the bloated contracts or past-their prime abilities (LT).

A team that has cronic problems with scoring (that in 2009 had 12 games with 20 or less points) drafts a player #1 with the potential to take it to the house each and every time he touches the ball is guilty of making a luxury pick? Sure there are other areas of need too but a luxury? The term is overused and inappropriate....

Don Banks is the kind of writer, IMO, who looks at the transactions lists for teams and if recognizes names added off the bat it's good and if he recognizes names that have been let go off the bat it's bad. No further analysis needed.

That's what most of these guys do. Seems about par for the course. Interesting that when touted acquisitions like Adalius Thomas don't pan out, the same writers who slammed us for not getting them ignore the issue entirely.

To Don, I say, "Don, how can we be worse than last year? I know that the AFC East is a little stronger, but we lost most of those games last year anyway. Where we have improved - in case you haven't noticed - is in our front office and coaching. No group of fools could do worse than Brandon and Jauron. We still have the same starters, with the exception of Woods and TOOL, and we've added some intere4sting FAs and draft picks. Surely, our injuries won't be as severe. Our defense is entirely different and should be stronger. Our offense will not be great, but we have one new weapon and much better coaching. Will this not result in some small improvement? So, I say, Don, why are we in trouble?"

These type of articles always kill me. We're still two months away from training camp, and they are dooming and glooming.

I'll bet at least 3 teams on this list make the playoffs this year and have what will be considered a successful season.

:thumbsup: EXACTLY ... Banks has a history of not impressing and being wrong.

It's just like all of those who are condemning the draft because Claussen and McCoy are not ours.

Frankly, I can't remember many teams who magically transformed themselves based on off-season free agent signings.

That being said, we need to hope that Chan can work his magic with one of our four quarterbacks and that the O-Line returns to good health (remember that unit actually appeared to be decent in the first game before the injuries started).

Accepting the opinions of the Banks and Kipers of this world is something I am not willing to do because their past track record doesn't show me anything.

What did Banks say in 2009 about the upcoming season? Was he right or wrong?

Although, I'll say that I roll my eyes at the constant singing of the Jets' praises. They have a very, very good team. But signing an inconsistent, one-good-year CB (Cromartie), an injured, declining RB (Tomlinson) and an already-suspended, headache WR (Holmes) doesn't really impress me very much. Considering they cut ties with TJ and Leon Washington...I wonder if the net was positive at all.

The defense of New England seems pretty comical too. 5 of the first 90 picks in the draft? Thanks. It really seems like he's grasping for straws on that one. They may be good players, but it really doesn't sound like one of those "look out, they're getting better" type moves to me.