Brohm to work rookie minicamp

Yeah, there's also a distinction between a rookie and a "first-year player." A rookie is a true rookie, someone with zero NFL experience. A first-year player is one who served one year on the practice squad but has no NFL regular season playing experience.

So Brohm is probably categorized as a 2nd year player.

On NFL.com, Brohm is listed as a 3rd year player. So that's not the reason he's attending and the other 2 vets aren't. And given that there will be a new system, they could ALL use the extra time.

Hmmm. The plot thickens. Conspiracy theories, anyone?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know if Edwards and Fitz were given the opportunity to participate and turned it down, or whether they just extended the opportunity to Brohm alone? If it's the latter, then that's a clear indication of who they want to win the job.

Or alternately, since Brohm's the least experienced (in terms of playing time) of the trio, he needs more work....

Link

You forget that he spent time on the practice squad.

Brian Brohm will be participating in the team’s rookie minicamp this weekend opposite the rookie Brown. Being a second-year player, Brohm along with a host of other first and second-year players are free to participate in all of the practice sessions from Friday through Sunday on a voluntary basis.

If he wasn't, he couldn't be allowed to be there, per NFL Rules.

Just remember what TIPS predicted about this season's pecking order -

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - Backup

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Clipboard Carrier/3rd String

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern @ Synopsys

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :P

Gailey knows what he has in Fitzpatrick and Edwards. Plenty of tape on those guys.

He doesn't with Brohm, and especially Brown.

Smart move on Gailey's part as this goes a long way in settling the Brohm debate. See what Brohm has so you don't waste time having a 3-way race in training camp. If he does poorly now, it's a manageable competition between Fitzpatrick and Edwards for Q1 and Q2.

If Brohm does well during rookie camp, I'd be worried, Trent Edwards.

It would be nice to have some luck for a change at QB.

Well we plucked him when he was there for the taking.

So that part wouldn't be luck. It might better be called foresight.

For him to develop into a legit NFL starter might require a bit of luck…but that's true of just about any QB.

Just remember what TIPS predicted about this season's pecking order -

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - Backup

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Clipboard Carrier/3rd String

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern @ Synopsys

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :P

LUV IT! ENOUGH W THE NEGATIVITY! I AM ON BOARD! GO BROHM BABY! THROW THE BROHM!

Brohm being a rookie minicap gives him the slightest of slightest edges. its not like their going to be going over anything monumental. Just simply the basics. Its not like at manditory camp he will get most of the reps because he was at rookie camp. he will still be third in line.

Smart move by brohm, or by chan if he asked him to be there, but its not really a big deal.

There appears to be a typo in your response. Beerball can be shortened to BB.

Thanks. :lol:

You're assuming he shortened Beerball?

I thought it was an acronym for the other, more common DB.

No conspiracies.

But based on this: Linky - Credited v Accrued

Brohm's time on the practice squad accounts for squat.

Thanks for posting. A lotta info there.

Yep. The conspiracy comment was in jest. As I said earlier, he's probably considered a 2nd year player, the NFL.com stuff notwithstanding (whatever that word means).

I'm sure the Bills aren't "bending the rules" to get Brohm extra reps. Nix and Gailey don't strike me as cheaters…like others in the NFL are.

Most telling part of the article and his one game here...this is how crappy the situation was for him...

Eager to absorb his new playbook as quickly as possible, Brohm quickly discovered he’d be on his own with that task.

“Coming in and getting settled was fairly difficult just because of the number of coaches that were still available to me,” Brohm said. “Coach Van Pelt did everything he could, but he was the offensive coordinator and the quarterbacks coach. We didn’t have a separate quarterback coach so there was really no individual time that I could steal away from him because he was working on game plans. So there was a lot of watching film on my own and studying the playbook on my own and trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible.”

I wanted us to draft Brohm when he slipped to the 2nd round...then I was calling for us to sign Brohm in the preseason when GB initially cut him and put him on the PS...I also said he was brought in to compete this year for the job when we got him mid season...I have also said he has the most upside and will start the season as the starter IMO...

So, its no secret I think he has a lot of upside and not only can, but will eventually win the starting job here. This article just further solidifies that belief for me. He may struggle or never develop into a good starter...but thats a possibility for any prospect. But at this point, I am really high on his potential and think this kid will put in the time to get his game where it needs to be.

The good news is that if he does falter this year, next years QB class looks like its going to be pretty strong.

Love all the Brohm love now!!

but where were you all while I alone repeatedly called for Brohm's shot to start???

Are the Lefavour lovers going to follow his career in Chicago; what about the McCoy fans in Cleveland?

or McNabb in DC?

Brohm is and has been the plan and it's a good plan -

Most telling part of the article and his one game here...this is how crappy the situation was for him...

Eager to absorb his new playbook as quickly as possible, Brohm quickly discovered he’d be on his own with that task.

“Coming in and getting settled was fairly difficult just because of the number of coaches that were still available to me,” Brohm said. “Coach Van Pelt did everything he could, but he was the offensive coordinator and the quarterbacks coach. We didn’t have a separate quarterback coach so there was really no individual time that I could steal away from him because he was working on game plans. So there was a lot of watching film on my own and studying the playbook on my own and trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible.”

I wanted us to draft Brohm when he slipped to the 2nd round...then I was calling for us to sign Brohm in the preseason when GB initially cut him and put him on the PS...I also said he was brought in to compete this year for the job when we got him mid season...I have also said he has the most upside and will start the season as the starter IMO...

So, its no secret I think he has a lot of upside and not only can, but will eventually win the starting job here. This article just further solidifies that belief for me. He may struggle or never develop into a good starter...but thats a possibility for any prospect. But at this point, I am really high on his potential and think this kid will put in the time to get his game where it needs to be.

The good news is that if he does falter this year, next years QB class looks like its going to be pretty strong.

Upside? Upside? what are you talkin about, didn't you see his preseason games, he clearly can't make it in this league, preseason is a big deal buddy, and brohm flunked the preseason greatness test big time, plus in his 1 regular season start, when he had a week to prepare with the 1st team and No QB coach and most the starting oline on the PUP list, he was bad. Man, I cant believe you think he has upside, LOOK AT THE PRESEASON!!!!! thats all you need.........

J/k Alpha, I'm right there with ya, I think BB will win the starting job. :lol: