So Chan thinks we can run the ball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running game will be in the toilet unless we can find guys that can block. See results from the past 2 years. No improvement from the O-line from last year means our runnning game is still going to suck again.

Honestly, with ALL the injuries last year and still getting freddie 1,000 yards, plus having an experienced oc , add in spiller and whoever ends up at left tackle(we still don't know-it could be Gaither),It seems rather unlikely to me that there won't be an improvement to the o-line. Without all the injuries, imo, this isn't too bad of a line. And as they play more, the better they will get. Betcha we have two 1,000 rushers next year.

Tis better to remain silent and be assumed ignorant, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Nicest put down I have ever heard!

Guest dog14787

Buffalo could have one of the nastiest three headed ground attacks in the league and whats even better is all three RB's can catch as well as they can run.

Chan Gailey has to be a little excited about his group of RB's, I know I am :P

If only a good ypc stat was the goal. We didn't score points or gain enough yards, usually on the ground, on first down to keep the defense guessing. Its a fair point but I wouldn't count on our running game carrying us without some semblance of a passing game.

The offense last year was ineptitude defined. When you fire your OC and LT days before the season starts, and then see a parade of QB's and O-linemen starting, you don't stand a chance. I agree that scoring will have to increase (what was yards gained on first down?) and that's probably why they took Spiller, because he's a threat to take it the distance on any given play.

The running game will be in the toilet unless we can find guys that can block. See results from the past 2 years. No improvement from the O-line from last year means our runnning game is still going to suck again.

Fred Jackson averaged 4.5 YPC behind that "toilet", 8th best in the NFL for RB's that carried the ball more than 200 times. Might want to rethink your comment...Adrian Petersen averaged 4.4 YPC last year, so by your ideology Minnesota's line was further in the toilet apparently? The running game clearly was not in the toilet last year...except when Lynch was running the ball, but I would have to think that was due more to his abilities...let's also not forget that for the last 8 games of the 2008 season, the Bills were one of the best running teams in the NFL on a YPC basis, averaging close to 5 yards per carry.

Let's stop with the senseless rhetoric and look at what is reality.

our o-line was just fine last yeat before injuries killed us - it was our lack of quality depth that hurt us mostly - and you can thank the former fo and hc for that

Injuries aren't as big an excuse as many on this board insist they are. The Ravens had 17 guys on IR in 2008 and made the playoffs. I would hope the Gailey era featuring bigger lineman will alleviate some of the injuries incurred by the LB's and DB's.

WRT Gaither, I guess people still want to live in fantasy land and believe he's actually available. Buffalo would have to give up picks AND re-sign him to a mega deal probably not far from Jahri Evans' recent contract. The Bills aren't handing out big contracts anymore, so this isn't even worth considering.

Teams will key in on the running game and force the Bills to beat them with the pass. The OL stunk big time last year, and will again in 2010. No depth at G, a mediocre C, and absolutely nothing at OT. I think they'll be a lot of max protect this year, limiting options in the passing game.

nice vid links Jin! And here's what they'll look like w/ all 3 in backfield at once...

The first TD run was pure Marshawn.

The second TD was Spiller (note the speed and agility)

The last TD was Freddy

nice vid links Jin! And here's what they'll look like w/ all 3 in backfield at once...

Hey That was a great snot locker clean out on the first play! Poor SS got flattened... "did ya get the tag off that truck that just flattened you"

Injuries aren't as big an excuse as many on this board insist they are. The Ravens had 17 guys on IR in 2008 and made the playoffs.

Did you happen to look at the names of their players that went on IR? They were all scrubs.

Why did you find it necessary to attack this poster personally with insults like "clueless" and "dumb"? I disagree with him too but I what do you think "we" prefer, a respectful fan we disagree with or one whothrows insults around at anyone who disagrees with him? Its this kind of thing that drives so many away from here.

your first clue should have been when oaktree 12 said "if your that dumb"......

Dwan Edwards, Kelly Gregg, Chris McAlister and Dawan Landry are scrubs in 2008?

Gregg and McAlister (by that season), yes. Landry maybe. Edwards no, but Trevor Pryce was signed in anticipation of him missing the season.

Gregg and McAlister (by that season), yes. Landry maybe. Edwards no, but Trevor Pryce was signed in anticipation of him missing the season.

I don't think Baltimore's losses in 08 were more substantial than Buffalo's in 2009. And yet the Ravens made the playoffs with a rookie QB, rookie HC, the aforementioned injuries, and advanced to the AFC Championship. And all of this after finishing 5-11 in 2007.

I don't think Baltimore's losses in 08 were more substantial than Buffalo's in 2009. And yet the Ravens made the playoffs with a rookie QB, rookie HC, the aforementioned injuries, and advanced to the AFC Championship. And all of this after finishing 5-11 in 2007./

They went 13-3 in 2006. Why'd they go 5-11 in 2007?

At about 3:10 in this video Ryan Fitzpatrick makes an unbelievable block. I never saw it during the game or completely forgot about it. Fitzy looks like he was shot out of a freaking cannon! He might only have moderate skills but that guy is gamer.

BLOCK OF THE YEAR

Yeah great block. I agree, Fitz is a total gamer.

But watch at 2:38. There are two plays in a row or ML running ball against the Jets in Toronto at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. The Jets could not stop ML on that drive. He carried it 3 times on that drive and took us right down for a go ahead score to go up 10-6. I'm thinking. Feed Marshawn. But Dick, no. He only had a couple of carries the rest of the day and finished with 6 carries for 60 yards.

That's why I think we can have a good run game. If we have a coach that takes advantage of our talents. When an RB is hot, feed him. I'm thinking Coach Gailey will do that.

This could be fun.