America's biggest pop sensation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have receive a PM from an unnamed person and have been asked to issue a retraction regarding some "obviously baseless and mean spirited things that I wrote" about an unnamed person. "Said unnamed person has feet of equal size and he does not have a pencil neck. He was an athelete of high regard and his opinions on all things should be taken seriously."

Good God, does it ever stop with you? :doh:

Tell Roberta to up your medication!

OK this kid is Canadian and in Canada they have a decent sized German population how could this kid not know what Germany is? I am one who tries to get the perspective of stupid things (I can't blame Paris Hilton for not knowing what Walmart is because she grew up rich and rich people tend to shield their kids from what Walmart is yeah its kinda hard not to know Walmart but I get the logic of the stupidity if that makes sense) but this is indefensible.

I don't know who this kid is nor do I care. BUT I do care that kids get the impression that its good to be smart. And this kid along with a lot of other teen or kid idols don't scream smart. I think kids need someone who is smart and well spoken to look up to rather then idiots who don't know what the !@#$ Germany is.

If you guys really think he was thrown off by the thick Kiwi accent, you're mistaken. The interviewer even gives the index card with the question on it for him to read himself. And he still has no idea.

While I really detest defending this twerp, there is no question he is thrown by the accent. Hell, I was thrown by the accent.

Yes, after being thrown by the accent he was shown the paper, but we don't know what he saw. Was "German" spelled with a capital "G"? Did he look at the right question? Was it typed or hand written?

While none of us knows exactly what went down, it looks to me like he was initially confused by the accent, and then was just didn't recover for some reason. It didn't look like he really studied the paper, and put together what was going on. I don't think he understood he was being asked about another language, but thought the word uttered by the interviewer meant something else, entirely.

He still sucks, though.

While I really detest defending this twerp, there is no question he is thrown by the accent. Hell, I was thrown by the accent.

Yes, after being thrown by the accent he was shown the paper, but we don't know what he saw. Was "German" spelled with a capital "G"? Did he look at the right question? Was it typed or hand written?

While none of us knows exactly what went down, it looks to me like he was initially confused by the accent, and then was just didn't recover for some reason. It didn't look like he really studied the paper, and put together what was going on. I don't think he understood he was being asked about another language, but thought the word uttered by the interviewer meant something else, entirely.

He still sucks, though.

You're probly right,but it's more fun to say he's stupid! :doh:

He still sucks, though.

The kid repeated German back to the interviewer three times.

The kid repeated German back to the interviewer three times.

Your point?

I can hear "bahblahblah" and repeat it back a number of times. That doesn't mean I understand you actually said your name was "Bob Loblaw" and that's what I was repeating.

Your point?

I can hear "bahblahblah" and repeat it back a number of times. That doesn't mean I understand you actually said your name was "Bob Loblaw" and that's what I was repeating.

Umm he played in Germany and can count to 10 in the language. While he may be an idiot, I expect he knows what German is. My guess is, he acted the brat because he was annoyed by the interview.

Umm he played in Germany and can count to 10 in the language. While he may be an idiot, I expect he knows what German is. My guess is, he acted the brat because he was annoyed by the interview.

Certainly a possibility, and far more likely than him not knowing what "German" meant, if it were asked differently. I think it is also possible he was thinking it was a phrase, or slang, he was not familiar with. Once someone is confused and starts trying to interpret something they think is bizarre, they can stay a bit confused for a while.

I think if the interviewer said, "Bieber means basketball in German" instead of "Justin, I mean Bieber, sorry, is German in Basketball. True or False." he may have answered differently. It also might have helped if the interviewer took the marbles out of his mouth. After he didn't understand, had the interviewer said "German, the language they speak in Germany", I have to think he would have understood. Or perhaps he is just a moron. But based on the evidence I can't make the call.