Thanks Leonidas

I've been in situations before, as I'm sure we all have where I felt i did nothing to offend the person, but said person was actually very upset, angry... at what i said.

Yeah, so've I. But I haven't apologized until I've known why I need to (even if it's a "Sorry for the misunderstanding".)

We just have different perceptions of "apology", it seems. No problem.

Suck it up and be the bigger man again, even if you have to "heaven forbid" take a bruise on your internet ego by admitting you were in the wrong.

Someday I might even experience that, myself. :w00t:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in situations before, as I'm sure we all have where I felt i did nothing to offend the person, but said person was actually very upset, angry... at what i said.

a simple hey man sorry bout that whole ordeal back there can go a long way.

Suck it up and be the bigger man again, even if you have to "heaven forbid" take a bruise on your internet ego by admitting you were in the wrong.

During the summers when I was in college I'd pump gas at a local gas station (Yes, I'm that old) and any time some dickheaded customer would go off on one of the guys there he'd just keep apologizing til it became completely meaningless. It was his way of coping with the Leonidas's of the world.

Yeah, so've I. But I haven't apologized until I've known why I need to (even if it's a "Sorry for the misunderstanding".)

We just have different perceptions of "apology", it seems. No problem.

Someday I might even experience that, myself. :w00t:

This (bolded part) could end this all.

Now admit The Pacific is historically accurate :w00t:

Apparently, Basilone won medals for being the only person EVER to fire a .30-cal from the hip. But on Iwo, he did it with the ammo belt wrapped around his wrist, and only got a Navy Cross. Does that seem fair? :w00t:

Apparently, Basilone won medals for being the only person EVER to fire a .30-cal from the hip. But on Iwo, he did it with the ammo belt wrapped around his wrist, and only got a Navy Cross. Does that seem fair? :w00t:

John Rambo did it in Rambo 3 and all he got was a hut in Burma. Does that seem fair?

Personally, I did not frequent the TG threads, mostly because posts of interest to me were to far apart and the thread mostly was made up of TSW posters. But I get the value he brings to the board, and regardless of your intent, he took offense. I for one do not think Leonidas should apologize for his opinnion, but I do think an apology of how he handled it, carried on about it, and presented it to a guest gracious enough to take the time to be here is in order.

His opinnion is what it is, we all have one, and they all differ. People like to hide behind intent to shake off responsibility. Just because your intent was not to run off TG doesn't excuse the fact that TG, a guest of the board, did take offense to your way of being.

But, I sense you can't put your ego aside and just own up to the fact that you were abrasive to the point that a valued poster on here took offense to it. Again, don't apologize for your opinnion, but a simple apology for the abrasive manner you took with a highly regarded guest is in order.

What bothers me more, is just how utterly lacking you are in self-awareness. You are so god damn prosaic and you have no idea. You think the joke is on all of us, but it's not. You sound completely foolish. Its not even worth going on about.

And yet you drag it on. I don't even care about the the situation with TG. It's a shame you ruined it, but you weren't the only one.

You answered yourself on that one.

And you would be the kind of person who walks into a Pizza Hut and gets angry because the food sucks. ITS F*CKING PIZZA HUT NO SH*T.

I've actually never been to a Pizza Hut you !@#$ing dolt.

Right there is the crux of the situation. You posted that IN A THREAD TITLED "ASK TIM GRAHAM." If I'd seen it before he did, I would have moved or deleted it, because it did not belong there. You apparently also missed SDS' memo.

Damn right, I defended him (per usual). He's a friend. Who the hell do you think asked him to join this board in the first place?

And I did that thinking TBDers would be mature enough to interact with him on an adult level. That was my first mistake.

ESPN = MTV = American Idol = Fox News. You know that, right?

IMHO, you made a bad decision.