#Reminder# From Micheal Moore

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness security theater worked so well here. Quick, pour some more money into Homeland Security and take away some more freedoms. That's what caused the idiot terrorist to use the wrong kind of fertilizer after all...

What do you think Moore's point was when he asked that question?

This is the whole point in and of itself. Who the !@#$ cares? The enemy is shooting at us, and instead of focusing on shooting back, you want us to focus on whether our boots are shined and if there are any loose threads on our BDUs? Get a clue, or get out of the AO. We need ammo, water, MREs, somebody to run and get the tanks, and somebody to get the arty on the horn, we don't need the JAG corp or some d-bag staff officer running around inspecting everybody's footlocker.

Instead of dealing with this truthfully:

1. To turn some PC phrasing around on the idiots: there are a disproportionate number of radical Islamic people who participate in, support and/or condone terrorism.

2. These people aren't doing this because they are being oppressed/poor/the rest of the BS. They are doing it because they want power.

3. This is simple: this has nothing to do with anything other than a-hole behavior on the part of these people. Nobody is forcing or coercing them into this a-hole behavior. They own it, and there is no PC rationalization for it.

We get to hear Moore et al tell us:

1. We should be focused on the government...instead of the terrorists. :D

2. We should feel sorry for terrorists because they are oppressed. And, if they weren't oppressed there's no way they would be doing this, because they would be able to compete economically and culturally with the US if they weren't. :wallbash: Nah, this has nothing to do with a bunch of a-holes desperately trying to control the rest of the world, or at least gain some relevance, by attempting to preserve/impose a near-dead culture.

3. We should blame everybody under the sun for this bad behavior, expect of course the a-holes themselves.

Blaming everybody but those responsible is par for the course for people like Moore, because, Bush "stole the election" in Florida and the 100k people that voted for Nader had nothing to do with it. :devil:

Sorry, idiots, but the terrorist is the guy who is going to kill me next time I get on a plane/train/go to a ballgame. The government guy who checks up on me and even invades my privacy is a minor annoyance by comparison. That should be easy enough for even the most addled here and elsewhere to understand.

Sorry, idiots, but the terrorist is the guy who is going to kill me next time I get on a plane/train/go to a ballgame. The government guy who checks up on me and even invades my privacy is a minor annoyance by comparison. That should be easy enough for even the most addled here and elsewhere to understand.

So you are a fan of big government. And government being your nanny. And government intervention in your life.

You can't have it both ways. I'm willing to live more free and take the risk of more attacks. You want to give up freedoms and put your trust in government efficiency in order to feel safer. Just a difference in philosophy. I prefer small government--you prefer big government.

So you are a fan of big government. And government being your nanny. And government intervention in your life.

You can't have it both ways. I'm willing to live more free and take the risk of more attacks. You want to give up freedoms and put your trust in government efficiency in order to feel safer. Just a difference in philosophy. I prefer small government--you prefer big government.

That is one giant leap. He said nothing about "big" government, but referred to the government having investigation powers in order to keep terrorist attacks at bay. I myself would prefer to never having anything to do with government but would prefer even more to put up with a little intrusion to save my a$$ from being blown all over the city. Just sayin.

That is one giant leap. He said nothing about "big" government, but referred to the government having investigation powers in order to keep terrorist attacks at bay. I myself would prefer to never having anything to do with government but would prefer even more to put up with a little intrusion to save my a$$ from being blown all over the city. Just sayin.

I'd rather have my ass blown all over the city.

How do you feel about gun control? Just a Question.

No need to run around all scared and reactionary all the time...here's some perspective for you:

• You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
  • You are six times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
  • You are eight times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane
  • You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack
  • You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack
  • You are nine times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack
  • You are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

http://eyewashstation.blogspot.com/2007/11...ist-attack.html

No need to run around all scared and reactionary all the time...here's some perspective for you:

• You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
  • You are six times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
  • You are eight times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane
  • You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
  • You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack
  • You are nine times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack
  • You are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

Do you think those percentages might change somewhat if we don't stand up to the terrorists and thwart their attacks? If given free reign the terrorists would gladly kill every one of us that they feel is an infidel. You are right with the thought that we don't need to get hysterical about it but we do need to be concerned and aware. There are a lot of people who should be thanking a certain T-shirt vendor in Times Square.

But you are 100 times more likely to see this county get royally !@#$ed up if they start blowing other people up. I'm not worried about me getting killed, I'm worried about would could really happen to the future of this country should bombs start going off all over the place.

Awesome! You should find the address of all 3000 families that had a loved one die on 9/11 and send them this same link, I'm sure they will share your same sentiment.

Awesome! You should find the address of all 3000 families that had a loved one die on 9/11 and send them this same link, I'm sure they will share your same sentiment.

And Congress had to reform health care because people were suffering.

Arguments to sympathy are idiotic.