#Reminder# From Micheal Moore

I'm not talking about legalities. What do you use to coordinate and filter all of this captured traffic? Where do you find enough manpower and translators? Assuming it's possible (I don't), what's it worth and what are the trade-offs? As a conservative, I'd assume that cost is a consideration for you.

Considering that the NSA already has these types of filters and has the intellectual manpower to handle the technical aspect of this, the incremental cost is minimal.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the NSA already has these types of filters and has the intellectual manpower to handle the technical aspect of this, the incremental cost is minimal.

Then why wasn't this latest terrorist caught prior to his attempted terrorist attack? How about Richard Reid? How about the guy with the bomb in his underwear?

Ineffective

Then why wasn't this latest terrorist caught prior to his attempted terrorist attack? How about Richard Reid? How about the guy with the bomb in his underwear?

Ineffective

Then I'm sure you're also versed in the number of other plots that were foiled, but not released publicly?

Keep building that straw man.

Nobody is saying that you're going to be 100% successful. But you also shouldn't prevent your intelligence personnel from doing their job because one or two items slipped through.

Then I'm sure you're also versed in the number of other plots that were foiled, but not released publicly?

Keep building that straw man.

Nobody is saying that you're going to be 100% successful. But you also shouldn't prevent your intelligence personnel from doing their job because one or two items slipped through.

I would think that they would trumpet every success to show that their efforts are working. The prior administration never missed a chance to hype even minor intelligence victories.

Do you have any links to the foiled plots which were not publicly released?

I would think that they would trumpet every success to show that their efforts are working. The prior administration never missed a chance to hype even minor intelligence victories.

I'll say it again: the Bush Administration's PR sucked. A lot.

Want to rethink that question, perhaps? :w00t:

I do know that one plot to do major damage to Wall Street was stopped.

Are you as naive in life as you come off on the screen?

That is one giant leap. He said nothing about "big" government, but referred to the government having investigation powers in order to keep terrorist attacks at bay. I myself would prefer to never having anything to do with government but would prefer even more to put up with a little intrusion to save my a$$ from being blown all over the city. Just sayin.

If the government wasn't putting its nose into so many people's business in the first place, you wouldn't have to worry about them intruding to save your ass from being blown all over the city.

At the end of the day, the U.S. government acting like Gladdys Kravitz all over the globe is one of the largest root causes of this crap.

Are you as naive in life as you come off on the screen?

I can make up any **** I want, but that doesn't make it true. You call me naive and then back it up with...NOTHING.

If you're going to drag conspiracy theories into the discussion, have some evidence to back them up. Which conspiracy sites exactly are you getting your truth from?

If the government wasn't putting its nose into so many people's business in the first place, you wouldn't have to worry about them intruding to save your ass from being blown all over the city.

At the end of the day, the U.S. government acting like Gladdys Kravitz all over the globe is one of the largest root causes of this crap.

Finally some perspective on how to really protect the homeland from Islamic terrorists. Stay the !@#$ out of the Middle East.

The "root cause" of this crap is that you and I and the vast majority of U.S. citizens are "infidels" and deserve to die according to a significant portion of the Muslim faith.

I can make up any **** I want, but that doesn't make it true. You call me naive and then back it up with...NOTHING.

If you're going to drag conspiracy theories into the discussion, have some evidence to back them up. Which conspiracy sites exactly are you getting your truth from?

WTF are you talking about? There are no conspiracy theories. Just plain every day intelligence work that's yielded positive results in preventing attacks. Why is the concept of classified information so difficult to understand? Or are you advocating that CIA & NSA should hold a weekly press conference detailing all the weekly wins?

Are you the type to castigate a reporter if they won't out a source, thus the whole article is false?

But, I'll indulge you, once a wise man said, "There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they Do... Not... Know about it! "

Yes, that's why they attacked in Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK?

I'd agree alot of the backlash we are feeling in our nation is politically charged from our sticking our nose in other people's affairs. But what is the point of bringing it up now? And what if we didn't poke our nose where you don't think it belongs? There are some things we have to do that piss people off. There are some things that we made huge mistakes for getting involved before knowing what was truly wrong and screwed ourselves. But at the end of the day, it is what it is now and we still have to deal with and not ignore it. So because you and other liberals think we have it coming, we just are supposed to sit and take it? Ignore it? Pretend the threat is not present like Moore likes to say? Gimme a break.

I'm with Tom. Function within the Constitution and do what you can. Guess what: Sometimes the bad guys will bomb you and use your freedoms against you.

The right only bitches about government intervention when it's against issues they care about. But when it comes to spying on citizens, gay marriage, etc, suddenly government can do no wrong.

Heh....3 pages of reasoned debate...or...perhaps well meaning distraction/distortion and missing the point?

All of you: how does anything in these 3 pages = There is no terrorist threat? In other words, you guys have spent 3 pages talking about what is acceptable/not acceptable as a response to.....a terrorist threat.....that doesn't exist?

Either you are all:

1. idiots

2. paranoid conspiracy turds.....or

3. .....there is a terrorist threat, and as reasonable people you are talking about how best to respond to it.

Let's assume it's #3, leaving anybody who says there isn't a terrorist threat as either #1, #2, or flat out lying. There are no other logical conclusions.