2010 Offensive changes compared to last season

Did Gailey every say next year were going to the playoffs. NO!. Hes building this team one player at a time. I dont care if they suck next year. Gailey has a plain and this team will get to the playoffs in the next 2-3 years. I think there making great moves to improve this team for the future.

gotta love Bills blind homers

no one sets the bar lower :thumbsup:

Gailey > Van Pelt/Jauron

by a mile, if for nothing but experience

That's the big difference...Spiller is icing (hopefully a very sweet one).

The O may not be great next year or even above average, but it WILL be better than last season.

Now if only a QB and some of the young OL and WR can step up...then we might have something.

The personnel is the same... yes, we know.

But... no-one knows wtf this offense will be like... except, we know it can't be worse than last year.

Gailey is the most experienced and knowledgeable OC the Bills have had since Marchibroda (I don't count the one year of Henning... bad fit and no personnnel...Todd Collins-Lonnie Johnson). So Gailey alone is a quantum leap from the past two years with Shonert and VanPelt in control of the offense. Those two will never hold an NFL OC position ever again... and they should never hold any coaching position in the NFL for that matter. Both are "10's" on the incompetency scale.

So, perhaps the biggest upgrade on offense is the coach. We may be pleasantly surprised...maybe not. We just don't know. We have to just ride it out and see what happens.

Beyond Gailey replacing AVP/Schonert, Wood, Levitre, and Meredith won't be rookies, Hangartner won't have to cover for their mistakes, the LT, even if it's Wang, won't be a backup for almost the entire off- and pre-season, only becoming a starter just days before the season starts, and Lynch won't be coming off a suspension while Spiller will add a lot of excitement. Nelson will ideally be better in his 2nd season. Like last year, they still don't have a proven QB. While on the downside, they lost TO. Hopefully one of the younger guys can be a surprise, and hopefully the offensive line avoids the load of injuries it suffered last year.

TO was washed up he didnt add much to the team with his problems, We got rid of the old ****ty guys and in with the new (with the exception of VAn pelt and Gailey). I think our RB's were solid tihs yaer, we were missing marshawn for a few games and he didnt come back the same. i think if he comes back in the season strong him and spiller will dominate. I think Edwards will be solid this year as well, the only concern i have is Wang at LT

In: Spiller, Wang, Green, Gailey

Out: Owens, Reed, Butler, Van Pelt

I hate to rain on the parade but how much have we really improved from another dismal offensive season? We have an abundance of RB's and a lack of talented WR's and OL and we are to expect a vast improvement?

You are missing the folks who are coming back from Injury.....Remember the rest of the 7 players did not play the full season....Especially Lynch hardly got on the field with Perry Fewell choosing to go with a one-trick pony.

Additionally, a new regime brings in fresh approach and players have better enthusiasm towards the year. Plus this is the year for a Hardy or Johnson to step up in the 2nd WR position.

we're riding Bell's ACL

God help us... that's a bad horse to ride.

Don't buy the Bell BS....

1) He sucked last year

2) He won't be physically ready to play till at least mid Oct.

3) He ain't that good.... period... and will be worse coming off the ACL.

After they see what they've got during OTAs, the FO will realize they've got nothing at LT. By training camp you might see a McIntosh, Adams, Pace, Tra Thomas... or other signed until Wang is ready about mid season.

I think Gailey can make this an "average" offense, and that value should not be underestimated.

This may be achieved with a combination of:

1. More experienced line/QB (I still think Edwards will start)

2. Confidence. It's not hard to believe that stable, competent coaching will instill significantly more confidence.

3. Playcalling. Another confidence builder and hopefully playing to the strengths of the team.

4. Spiller. Bills haven't had a playmaker in the backfield for some time. Teams have to prepare for his speed.

5. Philosophy. The Bills offense hasn't had a defined philosophy for a few games in a row, let alone for a season. Hopefully Gailey can get the players to buy into winning personality and philosophy.

Yes, you need talent to win but there are many teams who have done well with less potential than the current roster.

In: Spiller, Wang, Green, Gailey

Out: Owens, Reed, Butler, Van Pelt

I hate to rain on the parade but how much have we really improved from another dismal offensive season? We have an abundance of RB's and a lack of talented WR's and OL and we are to expect a vast improvement?

Um, who told you to expect a vast improvement?

You should check your sources.

No vast improvement should be expected.

I think we're all forgetting how big of a cluster !@#$ this offense was at the opening of last season.

Just being rid of Jauron and his disaster of an offensive staff is enough to give me hope of dramatic improvement. Give this group even the semblance of a professional offense and I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

IMPROVEMENT? I don't see any improvement. We got rid of one gaurd (Incognito), have a guard recuperating from a pretty serious injury (Wood) have fewer quality receivers, no faith in existing quarterbacks, and NO starting tackle (whoops...mr penalty guy who even Oakland (OAKLAND) was happy to get rid of.

You gotta be kidding me. As to Gailey Idon't understand the 3-4 change, the drafting into the one position where we were pretty good, and the failure to address the tackle needs.

Nope...we are much worse than last year by any objective standard.

The sooner you people realize that this team is re-building, the better off you'll be. This should have been done YEARS ago but nobody had a clue how to do it. This team is NOT making the playoffs this year so all you can hope for is gradual improvement.

Anything that turns out better than what is written above and you will be pleasantly surprised. I mean come on, did you see this offense last year? We still have no idea what QB and LT are going to look like....

The personnel is the same... yes, we know.

But... no-one knows wtf this offense will be like... except, we know it can't be worse than last year.

Gailey is the most experienced and knowledgeable OC the Bills have had since Marchibroda (I don't count the one year of Henning... bad fit and no personnnel...Todd Collins-Lonnie Johnson). So Gailey alone is a quantum leap from the past two years with Shonert and VanPelt in control of the offense. Those two will never hold an NFL OC position ever again... and they should never hold any coaching position in the NFL for that matter. Both are "10's" on the incompetency scale.

So, perhaps the biggest upgrade on offense is the coach. We may be pleasantly surprised...maybe not. We just don't know. We have to just ride it out and see what happens.

Yea, and I'd feel a little better if the guy wasn't fired from his last job in the NFL as an offensive coordinator.

The fact that he chose a speedy RB over a LT leads me to think he might be another Cam Cameron in Miami who took Ted Ginn Jr with their first pick. How can this man disregard the O line and think that a very a raw Bell coming off a torn ACL or 5th rd developmental pick can somehow hold down the toughest job on the team?

The only light I see at the end of the tunnel is that like Cameron who was fired after his first horrendous season at 1-15 ... Gailey might get the axe quickly and the Bills hire a smart coach and they draft a premier left tackle or a franchise QB next year.

I just don't see the offense improving with no major upgrade to the left tackle position :wallbash:

If Captain check down or Brohm is the QB, Spiller provides a better receiving threat than TO. I dislike Gailey as an HC but as an O Cord., there is no doubt he will be able to get far more out of the middling talent the Bills have at QB and WR. Now if the Bills would just trade for Gaither or Barron I could really start taking some gulps from the 8-8, 9-7 kool aid.

IMPROVEMENT? I don't see any improvement. We got rid of one gaurd (Incognito), have a guard recuperating from a pretty serious injury (Wood) have fewer quality receivers, no faith in existing quarterbacks, and NO starting tackle (whoops...mr penalty guy who even Oakland (OAKLAND) was happy to get rid of.

You gotta be kidding me. As to Gailey Idon't understand the 3-4 change, the drafting into the one position where we were pretty good, and the failure to address the tackle needs.

Nope...we are much worse than last year by any objective standard.

Well said...

The eternal optimism around this forum makes me wanna :wallbash: . I kept reading this same type of garbage around this time last year all the way up until opening day. Then once week three hit and Edwards was literally running for his life every offensive play...the reality struck like a lighting bolt to the head and most woke up.

If only last season they had drafted Michael Oher instead of Aaron Maybust, they needed a LT and not a DE that needed 3 years to develop. This year they take a RB with that #1...one of the Bills only strong areas, then go DT with the #2 and completely ignoring the dire need at LT. The one good thing about drafting Maybust, it got dickhead jauron fired !

I just don't get it ... how can Nix and Gailey ignore the LT position ...because one didn't fall into their laps after the first pick, why take a freaking RB :nana:

Oh well, I can only hope Gailey gets fired faster then it took to fire knucklehead Jaruon.

Best case scenerio has Spiller taking screens and going for long gaines, which will open our passing game a bit. Spiller's outside running ability could open up slants and crossing routes on play action. Lynch turns into a solid short yardage back and the defense keeps games close, so we don't have to score much.

Worst case scenerio- Our offensive and defensive lines are sieves- nothing works.

It will be closer to option 2 than 1, but we are making progress. We should draft high enough to get a QB and skilled OL or DL next year.