I guess the Bills are not as High on Evans

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good players aren't a luxury. He's probably a better player than Reggie Wayne, who is similar. If Evans were on Indy, he'd put up huge numbers. It's incumbent upon the Bills to actually obtain decent offensive linemen and quarterbacks, of course.

JP, despite all his faults, was able to get Evans the ball and for that, Evans was able to sign a new four year, 38 million dollar contract, but last year, he was invisible. He had his worst year as a Bill in 2009, putting up only 612 yards.

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not their guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

i think you are reading WAY too much into that

Can we all just stop posting on this threat? It's absurd at this point. I am tired of seeing it pop back up. Everyone had said their piece, and you're not going to agree. Stop. Evans will be on the team next year earning more money than any of us will ever see whether he catches a ball or drops 100!

I'm noticing a bit of a trend here. A lot of the Evans bashers have terrible spelling and grammar. The defenders generally have a better grasp of the English language. I don't think that's a coincidence.

The guy's an awesome talent. It's too bad the coaches he's had are complete idiots. They just need to get the ball in his hands. For example, I can't fathom why they gave Owens a couple of those end around plays last year and none to Lee.

Also, all you Brandon Marshall fans are probably the same ones who said Braylon Edwards was better than Evans when he had his breakout year. Newsflash, he's not. Evans is actually better than both of them. Not being a diva WR who bitches about more touches has been to his own detriment.

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not their guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

Based on your liberal interpretation of what Nixley said, I'll make one of my own. Get a vasectomy before it's to late.

The Bills will continue to be at the bottom of the league in passing no matter which WR is signed if there is no time to pass the ball.

Further, any QB that starts for the Bills will likely end up like Trent "concussion" Edwards - from all the blind-side sacks coming from the LT position that still has not been addressed.

The coaches decided to leave the LT open this year; said they can get by with what they have. "Our best player at LT is 'emptiness' " said Nix

It doesn't say that at all. It might say they wouldn't draft him, but it really doesn't even begin to indicate that they aren't high on him.

He is paid as one of the best in the game and didn't even produce as the best on the team. Who cares about the deluge of excuses? 9 million for ~600 yards receiving makes no sense in the NFL, Buf can get that for the league minimum.

Blaming Lee Evans for his production with no QB is roughly like blaming a first-year GM for not bringing in new talent when his predecessor traded away all this year's draft choice and spent to over the cap so there's no money available for FAs. It's like blaming the weather man for the rain when he correctly predicted it. You're blaming a guy who has no control over the situation.

All Evans can do is get open (which he does extremely consistently) and hope they throw it to him (which they don't ... again and again and again).

It makes no sense. But you Evans haters have the evidence and refuse to see it. With a QB who threw to him, he had two excellent years very early in his career. Without a decent QB, lousy stats. Get a good QB in and a good system and Lee instantly "improves" and becomes one of the best in the league.

You need big guys out there -- end of story. For all the Evans lovers out there, what has he really done for Buffalo all these years? Yes, you can blame the QB, the OL, and the play-not-to-lose coaching over the years, but at the end of the day, Evans has not been a difference maker. If surrounded by more talent and coaches who could utilize him better, he could perhaps contribute more, but you just have got to have big guys out there.

yeah, like Steve Smith!

I think Jake Delltacomme should send half his paycheck to Smith....

I can't believe billsfan=pain made a legitimate point, way to go man.

I also thought that when I heard Ole' Chan say that, which may not be a bad thing, I think Lee has had a pass, as Darth said, and he def. doesn't run over the middle, which has been a gripe of mine for the last 3 yrs or so.

Who knows, if these young guns works out maybe we ship Mr. Evans off next yr (not that I'm advocating that)

When did WR's get to call their own plays? I guess I missed that announcement. Do you really think Evans lines up and say I'm not running over the middle? Maybe you should blame the high school level OC's this team has had for years.

not gonna sit here and say i know everything there is to know about football.....but anyways.....last i knew it takes a solid QB to get his WR the football.....which Lee Evans has never had. Also other then last year with TO Lee has never had another quality WR on the other side to help him out. kinda hard to put up numbers when your QB checks down left and right but when you cant protect the QB to begin with i suppose checking down is the only option........

And as for Lee going over the middle he goes over the middle but it helps when your QB can find you. Anyways i thought TO was suppose to be the over the middle guy? And as for Lee dropping passes i can count more great catches hes made theb critical drops.

but yea lets trade Evans......lol.....lets depend on a bunch of guys who have not proved a damn thing in the nfl.

but really in the end its a QB driven league and thats our biggest weakness is QB we dont have a legitimate one.....not only is our QB's not ligitimate in the nfl our not so ligitimate OL cant protect the scrubs we have now......

anyways........i will stop making sense dont wanna confuse anyone around here

not gonna sit here and say i know everything there is to know about football.....but anyways.....last i knew it takes a solid QB to get his WR the football.....which Lee Evans has never had. Also other then last year with TO Lee has never had another quality WR on the other side to help him out. kinda hard to put up numbers when your QB checks down left and right but when you cant protect the QB to begin with i suppose checking down is the only option........

And as for Lee going over the middle he goes over the middle but it helps when your QB can find you. Anyways i thought TO was suppose to be the over the middle guy? And as for Lee dropping passes i can count more great catches hes made theb critical drops.

but yea lets trade Evans......lol.....lets depend on a bunch of guys who have not proved a damn thing in the nfl.

but really in the end its a QB driven league and thats our biggest weakness is QB we dont have a legitimate one.....not only is our QB's not ligitimate in the nfl our not so ligitimate OL cant protect the scrubs we have now......

anyways........i will stop making sense dont wanna confuse anyone around here

Most Bill's fans were happy when the Bills resigned Evans. Not only did that mean they valued Evans, but that the Bills appeared to be committed to using him in the passing game. This thought was further reinforced with the signing of TO - which was made because "All we need is another WR opposite Evans to take the heat off of him (and our passing game will be good to go)".

What happened next was the Bills thought they could line up on offense without an offensive line.

The idea that you don't need a LT to protect your QB's blind-spot has still not been addressed - so it doesn't matter if you have Lee Evans or TO or Brandon Marshall - when your QB is not protected.

Besides Kirk Chambers, Geoff Hangartner, newcomer Andy Levitre and newly signed undrafted Cornell Green (now with his 8th different team in about as many years), only Eric Wood (10 starts), Demetrius Bell (8 starts) and Jamon Meredith (4 starts) have seen any NFL starting action. The remaining lineman (Nick Hennessey, Andre Ramsey, Jason Watkins & Christian Gaddis and rookies obviously) have not started any NFL games.

What makes sense it that there will be no QB controversy this year (much less a risk getting the ball more than 10 yards down the field) - as the Bills will need all 4 QBs after each one gets beat up behind a bunch of newb linemen.