I guess the Bills are not as High on Evans

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great wideouts dont vanish for weeks on end. lee has many times just disappeared.

They do when they have garbage QB's. Serious this thread displays this boards ignorance. Put Evans on a good team with a good QB and he will have minimum 1100 yards 8 TD's per season. You guys really have no clue what you are talking about and Evans has been one of the few bright sports over the last few years. Our offensive line sucks, our QB sucks and those are the only reason Evans doesn't produce to his potential.

Evans was invisible last year...his fault, someone else's fault...whatever - he did not earn his 10 million dollars for last year IMO...

Point, Set, Match!!!!

$10 million dollar WR's create opportunities for themselves. Lee did not.

Point, Set, Match!!!!

$10 million dollar WR's create opportunities for themselves. Lee did not.

Put him on Indy or New England or New Orleans with real QBs and he would have about 1600 yards , 15 TDs and 125 receptions. How can people criticize this guy when look at our Qbs and OL. No time to throw or can;'t throw is the real reason. Evans is a super receiver in a bad offense.

Is it any coincidence that TO had the worst year of his career with Fitz-Edwards as his QB?

Is it any coincidence that even though TO was taking coverage from most teams #1 CB Lee still wasnt able to produce. The point is that a true game changer makes his own opportunites. Lee is not bad by any means, but game changing WR's are making $10 million dollars a year and still putting up numbers. Lee is not doing that. If you want to say its not Lee's fault who is throwing him the ball, or who is on his team fine. Then I'll ask why the hell do we bother paying him that much if we suck so bad anyway. Basically because of the lack of talent in other positions we feel the need to overpay for someone to put butts in the seats while still losing. Hes not a need for this team right now, not at his price.

Put him on Indy or New England or New Orleans with real QBs and he would have about 1600 yards , 15 TDs and 125 receptions. How can people criticize this guy when look at our Qbs and OL. No time to throw or can;'t throw is the real reason. Evans is a super receiver in a bad offense.

Lee is not on NE, or Indy, or NO. He is on the Bills. We suck and Lee is not producing numbers to justify his paycheck. I dont hate him. I love Lee. Ive met him, hes a very genuine guy and I think he is good for the team and this community. To the Bills however he is not worth the money we are paying him. Top 5 WR money should be putting up rediculous numbers every year regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

You need big guys out there -- end of story. For all the Evans lovers out there, what has he really done for Buffalo all these years? Yes, you can blame the QB, the OL, and the play-not-to-lose coaching over the years, but at the end of the day, Evans has not been a difference maker. If surrounded by more talent and coaches who could utilize him better, he could perhaps contribute more, but you just have got to have big guys out there.

Big guys like Wes Welker? or Steve Smith?

If you can play you can play. Evans is a very good football player that can be an impact player in the right system. The guy can fly and get deep.

Lets improve the talent on offense and Evans game will improve as well.

Big guys like Wes Welker? or Steve Smith?

If you can play you can play. Evans is a very good football player that can be an impact player in the right system. The guy can fly and get deep.

Lets improve the talent on offense and Evans game will improve as well.

Wes Welker has done it from the slot position AND from the 2nd WR position so I'll give you that. You are forgetting he lines up alongside POTENTIALLY the best reciever to ever play the game. Just saying.

Steve Smith is another story, and you cannot compare his drive and willingness to get hit with Lee's. They are black and white.

FWIW, neither of them make as much as Lee Evans does.

Agreed, we should put him in one of those three places and take a decent role player in exchange. They should be more than willing to offer a decent player for in exchange 15 TDs an 1600 yards. As we do not have Payton manning, Drew Brees or Tom Brady we need not waste 9 million a year on 600 yards of offense and making Revis break a sweat twice a year...

Lee is not on NE, or Indy, or NO. He is on the Bills. We suck and Lee is not producing numbers to justify his paycheck. I dont hate him. I love Lee. Ive met him, hes a very genuine guy and I think he is good for the team and this community. To the Bills however he is not worth the money we are paying him. Top 5 WR money should be putting up rediculous numbers every year regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

No salary cap, so what is the problem Ralph?????

No salary cap, so what is the problem Ralph?????

Considering this is the first year in a long time with no cap you cant say that. Evans was given his obscene contract prior to this season. Your argument doesnt make sense. Its not about salary cap space. Its about grossly overpaying for sub par talent. Just like Schobel, Kelsey, Dockery, Walker, Poz, McGee, Whitner, Mitchell..... and on, and on, and on.

He asked how TALL you were.

Apparently short people have reading comprehension problems as well.

LOL. I felt bad about my question after I asked it, but now that someone else has chimed in (even if only in fun), I feel better now.

Ask yourself this, will Lee Evans take us to a Super Bowl? What would the top teams like New Orleans or Indy with top qbs give up to get Evans? My sense - I might be wrong - is that they wouldn't be that interested in Little Lee, especially with his salary. I doubt if you could trade Lee, and what does that tell you?

That we're stuck with him.

LOL. I felt bad about my question after I asked it, but now that someone else has chimed in (even if only in fun), I feel better now.

Your comment was kinda a D%*K move but it was funny. I LOL'd.

Greg, Wasnt meaning to be rude back at you just in fun.

Ask yourself this, will Lee Evans take us to a Super Bowl? What would the top teams like New Orleans or Indy with top qbs give up to get Evans? My sense - I might be wrong - is that they wouldn't be that interested in Little Lee, especially with his salary. I doubt if you could trade Lee, and what does that tell you?

That we're stuck with him.

Ralph Wilson went on record and said that all we needed was someone to take the heat off Evans - that was the missing piece of the puzzle and they signed TO. What they didn't plan on was the disaster that was the OL - which still has some doubts at LT.

Ralph Wilson went on record and said that all we needed was someone to take the heat off Evans - that was the missing piece of the puzzle and they signed TO. What they didn't plan on was the disaster that was the OL - which still has some doubts at LT.

They didn't plan on finding out how they overrated Evans. He was the #2WR on the team last year, he was single up most of the time and he still couldn't get open!

What difference does it make where Evans lines up? Shouldn't the coaches put him wherever he has the best chance of succeeding? Move him around some. I don't understand why number one wideouts are supposed to line up outside... look at New England and Wes Welker. They move him around - and as good as Welker is, I'd take Evans over him anyday. Imagine how productive he could be with the right offensive mind...