Vote of Confidence in Edwards

Seriously, go back and listen to the interview, TE was asked to give an answer from a fans perspective.

A 3rd grader could comprehend why Trent Edwards would answer, "I'm not a fan, you will have to ask them that question",

so why can't you?

Please feel free to provide us with any evidence of Trent liking to play for the Buffalo Bills, or even liking the city of Buffalo itself.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, go back and listen to the interview, TE was asked to give an answer from a fans perspective.

Exactly. "a fans perspective".

Are you (and Trent) saying Trent has no idea what it means to be a "fan" of something?

Well, that can't be, because Trent has stated he is an avid fan of the Dodgers.

So he knows being a "fan" carries an emotional interest in whatever you are a fan of.

In fact, during the same interview when he revealed he was a Dodger fan, he admitted he could be overly critical of them.

A 3rd grader could comprehend why Trent Edwards would answer, "I'm not a fan, you will have to ask them that question",

so why can't you?

Third graders and everybody else gets "it".

Owens got "it"

Talley got "it"

Why is it Trent and his followers do not?

Either you care about how the team performs or you don't.

If you do, you are probably a "fan". If you do not, then you are probably not a "fan".

By saying he was "not a fan", he just told everybody he does not care how the team performs.

(Bet you he cares how the Dodgers perform)

I will make this simple for you and all the others who are struggling with this concept.

It is a simple question:

Do you give a sh*t how well the Detroit Lions perform?

Exactly. "a fans perspective".

Are you (and Trent) saying Trent has no idea what it means to be a "fan" of something?

Well, that can't be, because Trent has stated he is an avid fan of the Dodgers.

So he knows being a "fan" carries an emotional interest in whatever you are a fan of.

In fact, during the same interview when he revealed he was a Dodger fan, he admitted he could be overly critical of them.

Third graders and everybody else gets "it".

Owens got "it"

Talley got "it"

Why is it Trent and his followers do not?

Either you care about how the team performs or you don't.

If you do, you are probably a "fan". If you do not, then you are probably not a "fan".

By saying he was "not a fan", he just told everybody he does not care how the team performs.

(Bet you he cares how the Dodgers perform)

I will make this simple for you and all the others who are struggling with this concept.

It is a simple question:

Do you give a sh*t how well the Detroit Lions perform?

You are picking nits.

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

Nix has NOT named the starter but said that the quarterback position was wide open to competition. The decision has not yet been made who the starter will be.

No it's not.

D. Talley said he was a player and a "fan".

Being a "fan" means giving a sh*t about the performance and outcome.

Edwards knows damn well what it means to be a fan, as he is fan of the Dodgers.

Even acknowledges he might be overly critical of them.

It was a simple question.

Amazingly enough, the same question was presented to Owens. Owens responded with "probably".

So your saying because Edwards doesn't consider himself a fan, he doesn't give a sh*t about the outcome of the game or even his performance? That is ridiculous. An athlete doesn't get as far as he has without wanting to win and being a competitor. Jim Kelly was a Steelers fan his entire life, how did that translate to playing in Buffalo? A place where he didn't even want to be, so he bolted to the USFL for the sole purpose of avoiding Buffalo. So yes it is an insignificant subject.

A football team needs leaders on the field and that typically comes from the QB position.

But, yeah, having a guy that does the minimum, punches the clock, and jets out the door at 4:58 so as not to miss his tee time is exactly that sort of guy. :lol:

Sounds more like a description of Rob Johnson not Trent Edwards. Edwards spent the entire off season last year in Buffalo working out, that doesn't sound like he was bolting out at 4:58.

I went to the Bills- Titans game last year, and I can honestly tell you Trent looked terrible, but the offensive line looked like they had their shoes tied together, they absolutely blew chunks. Before you judge my next comments, understand that i am neither a trent supporter, nor am I a detractor.

I still contend strongly that there is just no way you can judge the performance of a quarterback when the offensive coordinator was fired right before the start of the season, the offensive line play that followed, a whiny B word receiver who Trent knew he needed for force passes to to keep him happy, and a bonehead starting RB in Marshawn who decided to mail in his season.

Now if you have taped any games and can watch some of the film, look at how poorly the receivers ran routes, and how very little separation they got. It says a lot when you have only 1 receiver coming back this year. Tight ends, seriously, we have who?

After Jauron was dismissed, fitzpatrick was the benefactor in some renewed inspired play for a few games, and he got a little lucky with a few passes to said whiny B word receiver, but that faded quickly, and it became apparent to anyone not on the "I Hate JP/Trent/next qb?" bandwagon that it really doesn't matter who is under center, they WILL fail.

Trent's upside

- He has the ability to make throws when he's not running for his life

- He WAS a good decision maker when the rest of the offense was performing

Has he been ruined by the events of last year? possibly, but i think it's pisspoor to even look at anything that happened last year as a way to grade a player. He came in for what, one series when Fitz got hurt, and the line was so sh1tty, that he got buried and injured. I simply don't think anyone has seen what he can really do yet, PERIOD.

Whoever wins the QB battle better have some improvements made to the supporting cast next year or everyone will be calling for the next guy on the bench, and saying "starting QB" sucks! It was a lot more than the QB that sucked last year, and I just don't agree with writing him off, or anyone else for that matter, well except for FItzpatrick and JP Losman when he was here, Fitz is a backup at best, and JP was a turnover machine.

I'm willing to give him a chance to succeed for 2 reasons, 1, he's the best choice on the roster at the moment, and they have not made any changes this offseason, and 2. I haven't see him play any games last year where I thought he was put in position to succeed, except for the opener, and I really think that game-plan was the product of Turk.

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

Uh, yeah...except we now have a coach who actually knows offensive football and no way he names Trent the starter of this team or even keeps him on the roster. Expect your depth chart for 2010 to be

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brohm

With Gailey favoring the mobility of the first two over TE and BB. Brohm makes the team as #3 over TE simply because Gailey will recognize that TE has no heart and no one could win with him, and he's no good in the lockerroom. Brown will have the chance to overtake Fitz by mid-season unless Fitz has them headed for the playoffs (doubtful for any QB at this point).

Any truth to the rumors that Trent signed up to play "The Tin Man" in the new rendition of The Wizard Of Oz? I think he'll finally receive his heart at the end of the journey, that is, if he doesn't get injured while running away from the flying monkeys..

If Trent Edwards starts the season in my view that *ucks! Tried to find a word to use as a substitution, but there wasn't any that can express how I feel except for that *ucks! Even when protection did not break down..which it did often, T.Edwards couldn't even though a 10 yard pass most of the time. He would throw it at the ground, or keep hanging on, hanging on...buying time as he's locked on to one receiver...even when receivers were open down field. I don't buy the

argument about the offensive line for T.E.'s ineptness. Sure, they didn't help him much, but then again the Bills gave up

56 sacks almost 10 more in a season when Bledsoe was our QB and Bledsoe still threw well over 4,000 yards in a season and the Bills offense was ranked #11 in the NFL. The Bills have some tools, and a lot of mediocre players, have been soft,

with a poor game plan, but T.E. will again unimpress us and display the same tendancies that he has had in the past. He is concussion prone which is a terrible trait for a QB, he is a very bad cold weather QB, and just as bad in the rain, fog, sleet, and snow! T.E. also doesn't sense defensive pressure well at all and he doesn't move his feet well for a QB. His mechanics are only marginal and he holds the ball way too long even when their isn't an offensive line break-down. If T.E. is the

QB by default this year then it will be a bad year. With the switch to 3-4 defense teams are normally terrible and win 2-4

games the initial year of the change. I will give the Bills 5 wins and 11 losses which I think is generous considering everything. Hopefully, they'll get rid of Edwards, Fitzy, and Brohm who doesn't grasp the playbook hardly at all which was evident during his one start last season. They should've selected Clausen & Brown and kept Fitzy for their QB trio. That significant change would've only meant that Troup wouldn't have been selected,but what a difference it had the potential

to make at the most important position on the team. The Bills War room *ucks, and I can't stand Tom Modrak once again...last year's huge goof was taking Maybin over B. Orakapo and this years is taking Troup over Jimmy Clausen !!!!

:doh::w00t:;):P

Guest dog14787
Uh, yeah...except we now have a coach who actually knows offensive football and no way he names Trent the starter of this team or even keeps him on the roster. Expect your depth chart for 2010 to be

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brohm

With Gailey favoring the mobility of the first two over TE and BB. Brohm makes the team as #3 over TE simply because Gailey will recognize that TE has no heart and no one could win with him, and he's no good in the lockerroom. Brown will have the chance to overtake Fitz by mid-season unless Fitz has them headed for the playoffs (doubtful for any QB at this point).

You said it, we finally have a coach who actually knows offensive football, a high percentage smash mouth kind of football, and is exactly why Trent Edwards will win the start and do very well under Gailey in my opinion.

So your saying because Edwards doesn't consider himself a fan, he doesn't give a sh*t about the outcome of the game or even his performance?

His personal performance he probably cares about.

(And he has made statements that seem to point this out)

The outcome of the game and the team's overall performance? Yes, I am saying he does not care.

Win or lose, he still is collecting a paycheck.

I have seen nothing he said or done to prove otherwise.

That is ridiculous. An athlete doesn't get as far as he has without wanting to win and being a competitor.

It is not uncommon to find people working in jobs and careers for the simple reason they posses the ability to do so.

They could care less how the company performs. As long as they are performing well enough to earn the paycheck they want, it's good enough.

What's ridiculous is assuming athlete's are immune from this concept.

I guess the likes of Willis McGahee and the Mike Williams never make it to the NFL level.

Or Jason Peters or Albert Haynesworth or Nate Clements, etc ...

I could go back years and rattle off names of players who are more worried about the money than they are about wining or losing.

Jim Kelly was a Steelers fan his entire life, how did that translate to playing in Buffalo? A place where he didn't even want to be, so he bolted to the USFL for the sole purpose of avoiding Buffalo.

Wha?! You mean a person who actually cares about the outcome did not want to play for team he felt was not going to win?

Hey, thanks for supporting my argument where "fans" have an emotional interest in their team winning and losing.

Even when he eventually came to Buffalo, Kelly still gave a rat's ass whether or not the team won or lost.

That's because he was a "fan".

So yes it is an insignificant subject.

I think it does. It represents a snapshot into Trent's leadership abilities, or lack thereof.

Kelly was a player and a "fan". He hated losing. And he did his best to push and motivate his teammates to win.

Talley was a player and a "fan". Before each game, Talley used run up and down the sidelines challenging each player to make an impact play.

Edwards? As he himself stated, he's not a "fan", he's just a player.

And it shows.

I get it. You and Dog are a "fan" of Edwards.

And it shows.

WE FIRED OUR OC AND LT ON THE EVE OF THE SEASON!!! Then we played pop warner football all year and started how many different players on the OL? The kid never had a chance. Jauron is the devil and he tanked last season completely.

In a nutshell, you have captured what happened. How could anyone play their best under those

circumstances?

Of course, the Trent haters will blame it all on him.

The wise move is what the Bills are apparently doing. Build a stronger team around the QB and see what the QB can do (rather than take a QB with a second round talent with our number 9 pick).

Guest dog14787

The outcome of the game and the team's overall performance? Yes, I am saying he does not care.

It is not uncommon to find people working in jobs and careers for the simple reason they posses the ability to do so.

They could care less how the company performs. As long as they are performing well enough to earn the paycheck they want, it's good enough.

I guess the likes of Willis McGahee and the Mike Williams never make it to the NFL level.

I could go back years and rattle off names of players who are more worried about the money than they are about wining or losing.

Wha?! You mean a person who actually cares about the outcome did not want to play for team he felt was not going to win?

Hey, thanks for supporting my argument where "fans" have an emotional interest in their team winning and losing.

Even when he eventually came to Buffalo, Kelly still gave a rat's ass whether or not the team won or lost.

I think it does. It represents a snapshot into Trent's leadership abilities, or lack thereof.

Kelly was a player and a "fan". He hated losing. And he did his best to push and motivate his teammates to win.

Talley was a player and a "fan". Before each game, Talley used run up and down the sidelines challenging each player to make an impact play.

And it shows.

And it shows.

How about we are fans of the team and it shows, I'm not 99% Bills fan I'm 100% Bills fan and in case you didn't notice Trent Edwards plays for the Buffalo Bills.

I understand the skepticism, and some posters will display their skepticism with some logic and stats, but how someone can crusade against our most important players with BS and still call themselves Bills fans is beyond me. It doesn't matter who they name the starter, I'm going to back him and find good things to say about him because he's a Bill.

So yes, maybe I do a little crusading of my own, but the difference is I'm crusading for my players and team, not against them.

[/b]

How about we are fans of the team and it shows, I'm not 99% Bills fan I'm 100% Bills fan and in case you didn't notice Trent Edwards plays for the Buffalo Bills.

I understand skepticism, and some posters will display their skepticism with some logic and stats, but how someone can crusade against our most important players with BS and still call themselves Bills fans is beyond me. It doesn't matter who they name the starter, I'm going to back him and find good things to say about him because he's a Bill.

So yes, maybe I do a little crusading of my own, but the difference is I'm crusading for my players and team, not against them.

+1, Dog. I've got your back on this. I know you and I disagree on certain aspects of TE (I feel he has SERIOUS confidence issues) but as long as he's on the team, I'm going to hope for the best because, like you imply, we are Bills fans first and foremost.

So go ahead and keep up your passionate support. It's totally OK. Anyone can tear things down. That's easy. It's always harder to build up.

GO BILLS!!!

I went to the Bills- Titans game last year, and I can honestly tell you Trent looked terrible, but the offensive line looked like they had their shoes tied together, they absolutely blew chunks. Before you judge my next comments, understand that i am neither a trent supporter, nor am I a detractor.

Course you're not.

But ...

I still contend strongly that there is just no way you can judge the performance of a quarterback when the offensive coordinator was fired right before the start of the season, the offensive line play that followed, a whiny B word receiver who Trent knew he needed for force passes to to keep him happy, and a bonehead starting RB in Marshawn who decided to mail in his season.

Now if you have taped any games and can watch some of the film, look at how poorly the receivers ran routes, and how very little separation they got. It says a lot when you have only 1 receiver coming back this year. Tight ends, seriously, we have who?

After Jauron was dismissed, fitzpatrick was the benefactor in some renewed inspired play for a few games, and he got a little lucky with a few passes to said whiny B word receiver, but that faded quickly, and it became apparent to anyone not on the "I Hate JP/Trent/next qb?" bandwagon that it really doesn't matter who is under center, they WILL fail.

Typical basic argument of someone who wants Trent.

Because the OC and the LT were both fired and released right before the season started, we cannot judge the performance of any QB.

Got it.

Trent's upside

- He has the ability to make throws when he's not running for his life

- He WAS a good decision maker when the rest of the offense was performing

Where's Fitz's upside?

Has he been ruined by the events of last year? possibly, but i think it's pisspoor to even look at anything that happened last year as a way to grade a player. He came in for what, one series when Fitz got hurt, and the line was so sh1tty, that he got buried and injured. I simply don't think anyone has seen what he can really do yet, PERIOD.

Whoever wins the QB battle better have some improvements made to the supporting cast next year or everyone will be calling for the next guy on the bench, and saying "starting QB" sucks! It was a lot more than the QB that sucked last year, and I just don't agree with writing him off, or anyone else for that matter, well except for FItzpatrick and JP Losman when he was here, Fitz is a backup at best, and JP was a turnover machine.

Whoops!

And how did you come to this conclusion that "Fitz is a backup at best"?

I'm willing to give him a chance to succeed for 2 reasons, 1, he's the best choice on the roster at the moment, and they have not made any changes this offseason, and 2. I haven't see him play any games last year where I thought he was put in position to succeed, except for the opener, and I really think that game-plan was the product of Turk.

1. Really? Based on what? OC and LT were both fired before 2009 season, not allowed to make judgments of QB performance because of that (according to you), what else you got? The abysmal 2008 season where Trent earned the moniker Capt. Checkdown and showed he was continually baffled by 3-4 defenses?

How are you judging Fitz (since you cannot use last year, according to you)?

Brohm?

2. According to you, we cannot judge the performance of a QB who's OC and LT were both let go before the season started. But in formulating point number 2, you just violated your own limitation.

Nah, you are not a Trent "supporter". Not at all. Not in the least.

:P

Guest dog14787
+1, Dog. I've got your back on this. I know you and I disagree on certain aspects of TE (I feel he has SERIOUS confidence issues) but as long as he's on the team, I'm going to hope for the best because, like you imply, we are Bills fans first and foremost.

So go ahead and keep up your passionate support. It's totally OK. Anyone can tear things down. That's easy. It's always harder to build up.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks K-9, I appreciate you saying.

Edwards will be gone in a year, no mater what! Why play him this year? IF he has a bad year, he will be let go...as he should have been this year. If he has a good year, he will be a free agent...and in demand. We all know about Mr. Wilsons's willingness to pay the big bucks.(to a one year flash) Anyhow, if you are going to invest in a young quarterback in terms of playing time, you need to have him under long term contract so you can benefit should he come through. Somebody else, including Trent , will benefit if Trent come through, IMHO. More stupidity from One bills drive...business stupidity in this case. (not mentioning Trents weak arm, you should notice)

I totally agree that Trent Edwards deserves a shot.....remember week 1? Remember how he performed when he had a line that blocked for him? Remember 2 seasons ago, he lead us to 1 of 3 teams with undefeated records and you saw him on ESPN, etc....he did not just become bad over night.....lets give him a chance. More so than Brian Brohm, I am interested in what Levi brings to the table

Brown does seem intriguing but probably because he is the new toy in the toy chest. I'd rather have him hang tight on the bench though. The best thing the new coaches seem to be doing for the OLine and the QBs is implementing the 3-4 and, of course implementing new body specific training programs. The '09 Bills looked clueless every time they faced that 3-4 scheme except for that week 1 when they had all of training camp to prepare even with the OC switch. That and they were the healthiest they were all year. Let Trent/Fitz get beat up while Levi sees the 3-4 in practice and in games for a while and gets coached up some - as in give the ball to Fred and CJ.

Fitzpatrick

Levi Brown

Brohm

If what you propose is the quarterback depth, and it won't be, we might as well sign the top pick of the 2011 draft now. Edwards will be the starter, he is the only one with even a slight chance of succeeding out of this dismal group. If Gailey goes in the season with the 3 QBs on the roster that you stated, he should be fired before he starts, not to mention that there might be more people on the sidelines than in the stands at the Ralph.

And it shows.

And it shows.

Are you related to some of the people who have been running this organization for the past decade? You sure seem about as clueless as they did.

[/b]

I understand the skepticism, and some posters will display their skepticism with some logic and stats, but how someone can crusade against our most important players with BS and still call themselves Bills fans is beyond me. It doesn't matter who they name the starter, I'm going to back him and find good things to say about him because he's a Bill.

First, I never said nor implied you were a fan of Edwards OVER being a fan of the team.

If that's what you took from my post, then let me apology, that's not what I intended.

You are a fan of the team first, just like everybody else on here.

You can be a fan of the team first, AND be a fan of a certain player(s). In fact, most of us are that way. We prefer certain players over other players.

Just like the Lynch/Jackson/Spiller debate. Who starts, who stays, who goes.

And just because Trent Edwards is on the team does not mean he is "fan" of team.

As I pointed out in my post, there are numerous players who play football for the simple reason they have the ability to do so, and they will get paid millions to do it.

They could care less if the team they are playing for wins or losses. As long as they are cashing big paychecks, it's all good.

And I am sorry. Until I see proof otherwise, Trent is a "paycheck" collector, nothing more.

I can point to his own statements.

I can point to his own behavior during a game.

I can point to reports regarding his relationship to other players (he's well liked, respected, but nobody considers him to be the leader.)

If you consider those to be BS, fine. But how much BS is it compared to statements as Trent gives 110% on every play, people will not be able to question his leadership ability, has this will and desire to win, etc ...

Talk about BS. Where's the proof? Got any?

Side note: It is possible for a player to become a player and a "fan" and vice versa. Think Randy Moss. It was all about the big check until he hit 30. Now it's about the ring. He even took a pay cut hoping to get one.

Guest dog14787
First, I never said nor implied you were a fan of Edwards OVER being a fan of the team.

If that's what you took from my post, then let me apology, that's not what I intended.

You are a fan of the team first, just like everybody else on here.

You can be a fan of the team first, AND be a fan of a certain player(s). In fact, most of us are that way. We prefer certain players over other players.

Just like the Lynch/Jackson/Spiller debate. Who starts, who stays, who goes.

And just because Trent Edwards is on the team does not mean he is "fan" of team.

As I pointed out in my post, there are numerous players who play football for the simple reason they have the ability to do so, and they will get paid millions to do it.

They could care less if the team they are playing for wins or losses. As long as they are cashing big paychecks, it's all good.

And I am sorry. Until I see proof otherwise, Trent is a "paycheck" collector, nothing more.

I can point to his own statements.

I can point to his own behavior during a game.

I can point to reports regarding his relationship to other players (he's well liked, respected, but nobody considers him to be the leader.)

If you consider those to be BS, fine. But how much BS is it compared to statements as Trent gives 110% on every play, people will not be able to question his leadership ability, has this will and desire to win, etc ...

Talk about BS. Where's the proof? Got any?

Side note: It is possible for a player to become a player and a "fan" and vice versa. Think Randy Moss. It was all about the big check until he hit 30. Now it's about the ring. He even took a pay cut hoping to get one.

Let me ask you this, with trade value and all things considered, does it do the player, organization or fan base any good to continually run a player into the ground, especially a high draft choice who originally showed promise?

In a nutshell, you have captured what happened. How could anyone play their best under those

circumstances?

Of course, the Trent haters will blame it all on him.

The wise move is what the Bills are apparently doing. Build a stronger team around the QB and see what the QB can do (rather than take a QB with a second round talent with our number 9 pick).

How come all the Trent homers bring up this fact, when Fitz played under the same circumstances and was the better QB? So then you automatically hail Trent the starter over Fitz. Why does the o-line defense for poor play only pertain to Edwards?

Going by what everyone says about Gailey Fitz better fits his style because he is mobile unlike Trent.

Thanks K-9, I appreciate you saying.

I am with you as well. Don't let the haters get you down.

Keep on fighting the good fight (so to speak). We put Trent (and all our QBs) in a horrible position last year. I still believe that he can be a successful QB with the Bills. As a season ticket holder and long time fan, I would like to see what he can do with the new staff and (hopefully) a better surrounding cast.

Course you're not.

But ...

Typical basic argument of someone who wants Trent.

Because the OC and the LT were both fired and released right before the season started, we cannot judge the performance of any QB.

Got it.

Where's Fitz's upside?

Whoops!

And how did you come to this conclusion that "Fitz is a backup at best"?

1. Really? Based on what? OC and LT were both fired before 2009 season, not allowed to make judgments of QB performance because of that (according to you), what else you got? The abysmal 2008 season where Trent earned the moniker Capt. Checkdown and showed he was continually baffled by 3-4 defenses?

How are you judging Fitz (since you cannot use last year, according to you)?

Brohm?

2. According to you, we cannot judge the performance of a QB who's OC and LT were both let go before the season started. But in formulating point number 2, you just violated your own limitation.

Nah, you are not a Trent "supporter". Not at all. Not in the least.

:P

Wow, you're really good at childish sarcasm. get a life.

If what you propose is the quarterback depth, and it won't be, we might as well sign the top pick of the 2011 draft now. Edwards will be the starter, he is the only one with even a slight chance of succeeding out of this dismal group. If Gailey goes in the season with the 3 QBs on the roster that you stated, he should be fired before he starts, not to mention that there might be more people on the sidelines than in the stands at the Ralph.

Yeah, yeah. Just like when I told everyone Spiller would be the pick and start getting used to it, lots of posters who have all disappeared now said "Nix and Gailey should be fired if they pick Spiller at #9". Now "Gailey should be fired if he picks Fitz as his starter."

Ok, don't jump off the ledge in August when he is named officially, but Fitz is the starter on this team.

Won't be for long, they drafted Brown to start eventually, but until he is ready, Fitz will be starting in September. MAYBE Trent makes the team over Brohm, but I sure hope not.

Guest dog14787
I am with you as well. Don't let the haters get you down.

Keep on fighting the good fight (so to speak). We put Trent (and all our QBs) in a horrible position last year. I still believe that he can be a successful QB with the Bills. As a season ticket holder and long time fan, I would like to see what he can do with the new staff and (hopefully) a better surrounding cast.

Thanks, and I agree, it wasn't just Edwards that was given the bad end of the deal last season, Fitz and Brohm also suffered.

I also don't think the no huddle helped our inexperienced O-line to start the season off and TE faced a daunting task right from the get go, especially considering the change in OC a week before the season started, TE never had a chance.

What says allot to me about TE as a person is the way he accepted the coaches decisions and has kept silent throughout and shouldered all blame without so much as a word in his own defense.

So I'll say something for him,

You can talk statistics, point to the win loss column, compare him to the greats or the not so greats, compare him to our other QB's, but don't question the mans heart, Trent Edwards loves the Buffalo Bills and has always put the team first and for most in everything he says and does, and for anybody to say differently is unfair and just not true.

Thanks, and I agree, it wasn't just Edwards that was given the bad end of the deal last season, Fitz and Brohm also suffered.

I also don't think the no huddle helped our inexperienced O-line to start the season off and TE faced a daunting task right from the get go, especially considering the change in OC a week before the season started, TE never had a chance.

What says allot to me about TE as a person is the way he accepted the coaches decisions and has kept silent throughout and accepted all blame without so much as a word in his own defense.

You can talk statistics and point to the win loss column, compare him to the greats or the not so greats , but Trent Edwards loves the Buffalo Bills and has always put the team first and for most in everything he says and does, and for anybody to say differently is unfair and just not true.

I also liked they way he handled the benching, and if He is the starter, fine I'll support him as the starter and hope he improves. If he is not the starter, and someone else is, I hope that person gets a chance to develop. The point in my earlier post in this thread was that I didn't agree with judging Trent's performance last year without all the other factors that contributed to his poor season, and I also didn't intend for my comments to be interpreted as clearing him of blame either.

Bottom line: It would be nice if a QB coming to this team had a fighting chance to develop properly whoever is named the starter.

Let me ask you this, with trade value and all things considered, does it do the player, organization or fan base any good to continually run a player into the ground, especially a high draft choice who originally showed promise?

Do you honestly think other football teams are looking at this board (or others) and going "Gee, we were going to offer the Bills a second round pick for the guy, but after those comments, I would not give nothing more than a fifth."

Secondly, considering Nix and Gailey have thumbed their nose at the media, do you honestly think they are paying attention to any fan board?

Thirdly, some players can handle criticism from fans and others cannot. My guess is, the ones that do not probably do not pay attention to any of the fan boards.

So in answer to your question: it has little to no impact. The only other people reading this board are other fans. I seriously doubt the relevant people (in this organization or others) read the board or care what we say. Gailey and the coaching staff will choose the starting QB regardless of what the fan base desires.

If Trent wins it, so be it. My hats off to him for stepping up and taking the bull by the reins

In fact, who ever wins, my hats to him.

Let's get some victories.

What says allot to me about TE as a person is the way he accepted the coaches decisions and has kept silent throughout and shouldered all blame without so much as a word in his own defense.

You can talk statistics, point to the win loss column, compare him to the greats or the not so greats, compare him to our other QB's, but don't question the mans heart, Trent Edwards loves the Buffalo Bills and has always put the team first and for most in everything he says and does, and for anybody to say differently is unfair and just not true.

Give me a break, Trent Edwards loved the Buffalo Bills and put the team first so much that after the 2008 season he left Buffalo for Cali and the golf course for three months. Not good for the spanking new and inexperienced starting QB of the Buffalo Bills. Manning, Brady and Brees never left their town for so long early in their career like that. They worked out and studied film because they love football and wanted to become world champions one day. Enough with the crocodile tears for this jackass wanna be golfer.

The last time I checked none of our QBs have won a starting job yet.

How come all the Trent homers bring up this fact, when Fitz played under the same circumstances and was the better QB? So then you automatically hail Trent the starter over Fitz. Why does the o-line defense for poor play only pertain to Edwards?

Going by what everyone says about Gailey Fitz better fits his style because he is mobile unlike Trent.

Fitz didn't suffer another concussion...

At this point I could really shiv two gits who is the QB this year because they won't be in any better shape then last years QB's. A speedy RB can't make his own holes and magically make the O line better.

Basically the same crap players will be starting again this year...

Bell 74 out of 77

Wood 65 out of 84

Hangartner 27 out of 34

Levitre 74 out of 84

Kirk Chambers-56 out of 77

Kyle Calloway-R

Nick Hennessy-R

Christen Gaddis-2 yrs

Cornell Green-12 yrs 48 out of 74

Andre Ramsey-2 yrs

Ed Wang-R

Jason Waltkins-1yr

Jamon Merdith

Derrick Dockery was 41st in 08 while with the Bills, went to the Redskins and improved to 24th, better coaching?

Lets face it, the weakest area of the team last season was the O line by far and all they did so far to upgrade the tackle position was to bring in Green who was mediocre with the Raiders last season and will probably regress as a Bill, and draft Ed Wang in the 5th round.

So unless these new Bills coaches can pull a miracle outta their backsides (which I highly doubt) it won't matter who the starting QB is because he won't be a starter very long behind another crap O line.

If the Bills go into this season with the current crop of players... you can expect them to be drafting #1 overall in the next draft and going for Andrew Luck-Jake Locker.

Guest dog14787

NFL QB (TE) vs. fastest known Gunslinger in the world

We can't have a TE vote of confidence thread without posting this film clip because how many QB's can say they are faster then the fastest known Gun Slinger in the world.

So for anyone that hasn't seen it before, check it out.

NFL QB (TE) vs. fastest known Gunslinger in the world

We can't have a TE vote of confidence thread without posting this film clip because how many QB's can say they are faster then the fastest known Gun Slinger in the world.

So for anyone that hasn't seen it before, check it out.

Yes, I too believe that Trent is the fastest checkdown QB in all the land. :lol:

I think dog14787 is Trent Edwards, his sister, or Dakota Fanning. Who else would make such an asinine statement as this:

QUOTE (dog14787 @ Mar 11 2009, 11:11 PM) *

In my opinion Trent Edwards is the first real leader at the QB position TO has ever played with, I mean Mcnabb and Romo are great QB's but they joke around to much and lack focus, plus they are not so great when it comes to leadership. TE on the other hand is smart, unselfish, he's a team comes first kind of guy, and TE has shown great chroise and leadership abilities so far in his young career.

TO is going to have a real hard time finding fault with TE because they both have the same work ethic and burning desire to win.

It's one thing to support a player you believe in, but reading your posts, making statements such as the one above, and hearing your tears hit the keyboard as you support said player "for playing with tons of heart and giving his all" gets a little tiresome. What exactly has Trent done besides play bad and rally against terrible teams, that has you sooo convinced he is bound for the Hall of Fame?!