CJ Spiller's Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :pirate:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :pirate:

He is such a stud, that last run was unreal :flirt:

Soooooooo glad he is a Bill!!!

He'll have a great season with Gailey as coach...I think he throws better on the run than Fitzy and Edwards hehehe...Spiller can do anything...still don't agree with the pick, but I think he'll push for the rookie of the year...except you're missing one major fact that will not allow Spiller to get offensive rookie of the year..

LEVI BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehe

While Spiller is a good player, I dont think he was the right choice for our team. The impact of a top T goes un-noticed to the average fan but it would translate to a better running and passing game. The top 10 is not where RBs belong if they are going to go to a team like this Buffalo team. Their careers are short lived because of the nature of the position. A T could play for 15 years at a PB level, a RB one third of that.

What scares me about Spiller is he is a RB whose best attribute is his return abilities, not his RB abilities. People love his pass catching abilities too, and he is a mis match for any LB. But not once has his between the tackles ability been praised...Im not convinced he can carry a full time load, or a complete RB. Once more he wont even be asked to be a complete RB... so now our top 10 RB will be splitting carries with two other guys and cant do it all? Im not too happy with this....

While Spiller is a good player, I dont think he was the right choice for our team. The impact of a top T goes un-noticed to the average fan but it would translate to a better running and passing game. The top 10 is not where RBs belong if they are going to go to a team like this Buffalo team. Their careers are short lived because of the nature of the position. A T could play for 15 years at a PB level, a RB one third of that.

What scares me about Spiller is he is a RB whose best attribute is his return abilities, not his RB abilities. People love his pass catching abilities too, and he is a mis match for any LB. But not once has his between the tackles ability been praised...Im not convinced he can carry a full time load, or a complete RB. Once more he wont even be asked to be a complete RB... so now our top 10 RB will be splitting carries with two other guys and cant do it all? Im not too happy with this....

I was on the tackle train but we need a homerun in the top 10. If the Bills passed on Okung, I would understand your point more. But they had questions about the tackles on the board and given how many fell, there was good reason.

The Bills have severely lacked playmakers. Spiller is as good of a playmaker in this draft. The Vikes had Chester Taylor coming off a 1,200 yard season when they drafted Peterson. You don't pass on impact guys. When Nix was with SD, he started with a top 10 rb (LT) and went from there. Need is very important but if you just draft for need, that's how you get busts.

Is he better than Chris Johnson? because Chris Johnson for all his greatness got the Titians to 8-8, I don't think the Bills had a terrible draft but this is a passing league and you need competence at QB and OL, are the Bills prepared to be competent in those two areas now? well see.

His best atribute is his return abilities? So everyone raved about him because of his return abilities?

Is he better than Chris Johnson? because Chris Johnson for all his greatness got the Titians to 8-8, I don't think the Bills had a terrible draft but this is a passing league and you need competence at QB and OL, are the Bills prepared to be competent in those two areas now? well see.

He had better career #s than Johnson did in college and faced much better competition. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=162658

And if Jeff Fisher would have pulled the plug earlier on Kerry Collins, they would have been in the playoffs.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :thumbsup:

+1

It jsut amazing to me that people who watch the Bills don't realize how badly we need a homerun hitter. This team hasn't be fun to watch. Now we got a guy is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and people complain because we passed on Bulaga (who I liked but is probably best as a RT) or a guy with attitude issues (Davis).

It jsut amazing to me that people who watch the Bills don't realize how badly we need a homerun hitter. This team hasn't be fun to watch. Now we got a guy is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and people complain because we passed on Bulaga (who I liked but is probably best as a RT) or a guy with attitude issues (Davis).

Exactly, and we are building for the future. How good could this guy be in 4 years when we have filled many more needs. You can't fix a team like ours in 1 year, but you just can't pass on a play-maker like him because you have other needs.

He had better career #s than Johnson did in college and faced much better competition. http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=162658

And if Jeff Fisher would have pulled the plug earlier on Kerry Collins, they would have been in the playoffs.

Can't agree with C. Biscuit enough.....they were a playoff team if Fisher wasn't so damn stubborn......

Holy cr@p. I haven't seen many Clemson games in recent years so I haven't had the full CJ Spiller experience. Let's just say I'm no longer rationalizing this pick. Damn, that kid is fast - and he can play WR and he even threw for a TD! I think Fred and CJ will be a sick combo even with a weak line (just remember, the Packers potentially had an even weaker line - so it ain't only about the line).