CJ Spiller's Highlights

So if we draft OL to "give the QB time" it would help Evans, right? And our new draft pick from UConn? And we'd still have Fred Jackson and Marshawn to run the ball right? And we wouldn't have to have them split carries with another RB.

There is video somewhere (I don't have time to look it up) where the guys covering the combine (I assume for NFL Network but not sure) showed the 40s run by Spiller. They clocked him unofficially at 4.27 and 4.28. I think his official time there was 4.32

On this nfl prospect page, the best one I found overall, he is listed at 4.27

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...w;pageContainer

Regardless, he is ridiculously fast. We are arguing about tenths of inches here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :unsure:

For the first time ever you and I are in complete agreement :doh:

Honestly, I loved Spiller from the start. However, I questioned picking a running back that high because of all the other needs we have. That said, it is making a lot of sense now. In the top 10, you need to hit homeruns. Spiller is as good of a bet to be a homerun as anyone in the draft.

Anyone who just thinks he is rb is clueless. He has great hands for a rb and I could definitely see him being split out in the passing game. This league is about matchups. No LB can stay close to Spiller.

Additionally, he is a beast KR. Between Spiller and McKelvin, we have the BEST KRs in the entire league. He breaks a ton of tackles and runs with power.

I only go with throwbacks jerseys because I hate taking risks on unproven guys (I still get a chuckle out of Losman jerseys). But based on everything I read about this guy, I'm jumping full aboard the Spiller train. Great dude who is a great football player. If Gailey has any creativity at all, we jsut drafted the Offensive Rookie of the Year. :unsure:

The run he makes at 2:47 is amazing!

For the first time ever you and I are in complete agreement :unsure:

He looks like he has Ladanian Tomlison (or quite frankly Thurman Thomas) type receiving ability......

The difference is he is faster then both those guys

Another thing I read that makes a lot of sense to me.....he is going to make our offensive line look better because they wont have to hold their blocks as long......he has ridiculous speed and is a smaller back so doesn't need that big of a whole.....

The first half I was asking myself what was so great about him.....but the second half, wow! Love the long bomb he catches as he gets separation with his speed at the end. Now I see why WR wasn't such a priority, he's gonna be dangerous like Thurman.

Same boat. Thought number 1 pick should fix a roster gap, but in reflection when you have a shot at getting the best player in the draft at a position, you need to do it, as opposed to getting the second or third best player at a need position which might not be that much better that the guy you find in round 2-5...

Its nice to think on any given Sunday Buf may have the fastest guy on the field...

He looks like he has Ladanian Tomlison (or quite frankly Thurman Thomas) type receiving ability......

The difference is he is faster then both those guys

Another thing I read that makes a lot of sense to me.....he is going to make our offensive line look better because they wont have to hold their blocks as long......he has ridiculous speed and is a smaller back so doesn't need that big of a whole.....

The kid will be a star, the only worry I have is that we run him into the ground or he gets hurt! The kid has heart though!

Same boat. Thought number 1 pick should fix a roster gap, but in reflection when you have a shot at getting the best player in the draft at a position, you need to do it, as opposed to getting the second or third best player at a need position which might not be that much better that the guy you find in round 2-5...

Its nice to think on any given Sunday Buf may have the fastest guy on the field...

He might be the best player in the draft period! He should have gone in the top 5!