What Veteran FA could instantly improve the team?

Laveranues Coles, Flozell Adams, Levi Jones (damnit, I'm sticking with him all offseason until someone gives him a chance!) and Shawn Andrews could all help.

And, dare I say...Marc Bulger? :pirate:

I would agree with all of this, and add Alan Faneca as a guard for depth. Flozell Adams would be a huge pick up for this team, and would allow both Bell and Wang to develop and learn from a very solid LT who has played a long time in this league.

I'm glad we didn't give Coles all that money last year. Seems like we should be able to get him even cheaper this offseason than what it would have cost us last year, considering the Bengals found continuing with him wasn't worth the cost. I say he would be a solid signing and would upgrade us in the slot, giving us the biggest bang for our buck.

Alan Faneca, hands down. I hope we make a serious effort to get him.

Do you think that the Jets have any interest in Marshawn? Thy have an aging LT who won't play every down and Greene (who looks pretty good). They just got rid of Leon Washington and their workhorse Thomas Jones. Marshawn would immediately compete for the starting spot on that team. Actually, I think if he were on that team last year instead of Jones, his numbers would have been better than what Jones did. Another bonus for the Jets-- Since Lynch consistently has his best games against the Jets, by taking him from us they eliminate that problem! What do you think? I say Faneca and a 3rd or 4th for Lynch

On a side note, TO would be nice to have back, but it's time for our young guys to spread their wings. If we were on the verge of the SB, then I would say bring TO back in.

Alan Faneca, hands down. I hope we make a serious effort to get him.

Do you think that the Jets have any interest in Marshawn? Thy have an aging LT who won't play every down and Greene (who looks pretty good). They just got rid of Leon Washington and their workhorse Thomas Jones. Marshawn would immediately compete for the starting spot on that team. Actually, I think if he were on that team last year instead of Jones, his numbers would have been better than what Jones did. Another bonus for the Jets-- Since Lynch consistently has his best games against the Jets, by taking him from us they eliminate that problem! What do you think? I say Faneca and a 3rd or 4th for Lynch

On a side note, TO would be nice to have back, but it's time for our young guys to spread their wings. If we were on the verge of the SB, then I would say bring TO back in.

Didn't the Jets cut Faneca?

I'd pass on Faneca. I see this team having several plays like screens, swing passes, toss sweeps, etc. in the playbook for next year to capitalize on the current talent and lack thereof. Don't see Faneca being a guy that play after play will be able to keep up with down field blocking like the younger beasts we have now.

I'm not certain this Bills coaching staff and GM are aware of just how bad the O line was last year.

Maybe they are aware but felt there were superior players at other positions early in the draft. You can't fill all the holes with one draft.

He would help...

I'm not certain this Bills coaching staff and GM are aware of just how bad the O line was last year.

Sort of disappointed they didn't take a C-OT-G with that #2

Bad QBs can make the oline look worse. Our oline sucked but Fred Jackson did average 4.5 yards per carry. Another year of experience should do wonders for the players.