I give the draft a solid A

DarthICE

Best overall player in the draft is on our roster now. Two OLMen and both will compete, one (wang) should end up being a damn good LT.

Levi Brown is better talent wise that what we currently have. Now how fast he picks up the pro game and Gailey's offense is yet to be seen.

The front office geared us up to be a 3-4 defense. One of the best, if not the best, NT at holding his ground and taking up space is now on our roster. The best pure 3-4 DE in the draft is ours as well.

We drafted guys that performed for 3+ years, didn't have signifigant injuries, are known for leaving it on the field and preparing well, and are good people off the field.

THAT is how you start to rebuild a team.

Now lets kick ass with some UDFA's and get cooking!

With the addition of so many DL /KB in the draft, it looks like the writing is on the wall that Kelsay, Schobel and Stroud are on the way out the door to save Ralph some big bucks.

To keep all of these rookies, roster spaces will need to be opened up and the big contract guys that never played a 3-4 will be out the door.

With the addition of so many DL /KB in the draft, it looks like the writing is on the wall that Kelsay, Schobel and Stroud are on the way out the door to save Ralph some big bucks.

To keep all of these rookies, roster spaces will need to be opened up and the big contract guys that never played a 3-4 will be out the door.

sounds good - time to cut the cord! Keep Kelsay if you can but the others can go including Maybin

Hate to burst your bubble Spartacus, as I know you'd love to see all three of these guys walk, but at the very least, the absolute minimum, Marcus Stroud is your opening day starter at RDE, partnered with Dwan Edwards at LDE and Torell Troup at NT. If Schobel doesn't retire, he'll either start at OLB or he'll be in the rotation. The only one I can actually see being gone with no role, at least in some possible universe, is Kelsay, and I also find that unlikely. He'll get his chance in the LB rotation in ceratin obvious running situations. Just saying.

I won't grade it but:

Positives:

No stupid trade-ups

No player I did NOT want to see drafted

No Jason Campbell :thumbsup:

Negatives:

Lil Donte still on the team, should've gotten another pick

So for now I'm OK with this weekend, now let's see if Chan can coach up this team into shape.

To me this is the thing.......

- If you approach the draft that our team was in need of SERIOUS help and have been bad for a really long time and you couple it with the fact that we dont have an owner that is willing to spend tons of money on free agents.....to me this was "Draft A"

- In "Draft A" we continued on from where we started in the LAST draft by taking two OG's high in Levitre and Wood.....we took some good looking OT's that project to Left Tackle and Right Tackle in this draft then got the players we needed our new defense in a true NT, a prototype DE, and some OLB's.

- We didnt take any undersized players or secondary because we have that area covered.......

- We took a project QB but you can do that in the 7th round........we took a wideout who has an extremely high ceiling. Since we dont know how Hardy is going to work out this was a smart move

- But one thing they absolutely did not do that was done last year is screw around and get fancy with their first overall pick......Maybin might turn into something but he was undersized for his position and did not have the body of work...he was not drafted based ON WHAT HE HAD DONE IN COLLEGE.....enter CJ Spiller.......who may end up being the very best offensive player in this draft.........

To me its laying a foundation.....I think we will go with a draft that is heavy offensively NEXT year

This couldn't have gone in the other thread with the poll about this draft's grade? You have such a habit for starting new threads.

He does that because all the other draft threads are "woe is us" and a guy on TV gave our draft a C grade....Boo Frickity Hoo. DI's threads are OK by me.

To me this is the thing.......

- If you approach the draft that our team was in need of SERIOUS help and have been bad for a really long time and you couple it with the fact that we dont have an owner that is willing to spend tons of money on free agents.....to me this was "Draft A"

- In "Draft A" we continued on from where we started in the LAST draft by taking two OG's high in Levitre and Wood.....we took some good looking OT's that project to Left Tackle and Right Tackle in this draft then got the players we needed our new defense in a true NT, a prototype DE, and some OLB's.

- We didnt take any undersized players or secondary because we have that area covered.......

- We took a project QB but you can do that in the 7th round........we took a wideout who has an extremely high ceiling. Since we dont know how Hardy is going to work out this was a smart move

- But one thing they absolutely did not do that was done last year is screw around and get fancy with their first overall pick......Maybin might turn into something but he was undersized for his position and did not have the body of work...he was not drafted based ON WHAT HE HAD DONE IN COLLEGE.....enter CJ Spiller.......who may end up being the very best offensive player in this draft.........

To me its laying a foundation.....I think we will go with a draft that is heavy offensively NEXT year

Amen

What is there not to like about this draft? After 3 years of Jauron Drafts its refreshing to see one that actually makes sense. I was suprised with the Spiller pick but when Buddy Nix explained it I was very happy with it. It's very clear that there was a plan in place and they stuck to it.

They strengthed both lines and the LB's. they got a playmaker in Spiller.

Buddy's plan all along was to create depth and competition at positions that he thought were weak. He used the 1st round pick on the best player available which in my opinion should be done at pick #1. Draft needs in rounds 2-7 but make sure you got a real football player at pick #1.

I think Stroud will stick. Others are gone like you say. Okay by me. As Chan says, I don't care who's feelings get hurt, we want to win.

yeah we hit spec teams-

spiller returning

easly maybe?

Moats

Batten

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/4/24/...l-draft-buffalo

+1 We got better on special teams too.

As for draft grades, I think Charles Davis summed it up best when he saw Chavous give us an A and he didn't fight him on it. Instead, he said "I think that means I need to go back and watch some more tape."

There is no way we were even close to making a playoff run with the roster we had coming into this. Seeing our picks and watching the pressers makes it obvious we are in the first year of what is most likely a 3 year plan to put us in contention for anything. Reaching for OL or drafting a QB you don't rate highly are desperation moves and we've been drafting like that for 10 years. I went into the day upset with the FO, but came out of it encouraged that we are taking the right steps to field a solid team. That being said, we will draft around 12-13 next year.

Best overall player in the draft is on our roster now. Two OLMen and both will compete, one (wang) should end up being a damn good LT.

Levi Brown is better talent wise that what we currently have. Now how fast he picks up the pro game and Gailey's offense is yet to be seen.

The front office geared us up to be a 3-4 defense. One of the best, if not the best, NT at holding his ground and taking up space is now on our roster. The best pure 3-4 DE in the draft is ours as well.

We drafted guys that performed for 3+ years, didn't have signifigant injuries, are known for leaving it on the field and preparing well, and are good people off the field.

An "A" is a stretch, but then the real grade won't be known for a couple years from now so who knows. In overhauling the team, especially the defense, I too believe the Bills made solid progress with this years draft.

cool story broseph

too bad everyone with a half a brain disagrees with you