the Bills draft so far

Nix is doing the right thing, drafting the best player available on their board every pick. We need supreme value and talent from this draft and Nix is doing that. Troup is a true NT and IMO will be the starter Day 1, as with Spiller.

Spiller will be a pro-bowler his first year, in at least a KR or PR role. Troup will be the solid NT we need, and is a hard-worker and has been his entire college career. That, I believe is the most important factor in evaluating prospects. Not too familiar with Carrington, but I do like the pick. We need to bolster our run defense and Nix is giving us a legitimate shot at becoming a Top-10 defense next year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a reason that high first round picks are used on QBs and left tackles. Sure it is possible that we will find a QB and some offensive tackles in the fourth round or later this year, but it is very unlikely that they will contribute this year (or next year). It is also unlikely that the Bills would fill these needs in free agency since we will not pay for top free agents, which leaves the draft as our only source to fill needs.

What this means is that the Bills will be looking again for a QB and OT help in next year's draft. Unfortunately, even if we finish with a terrible record, we may not be able to fill all of our needs next year either.

Nix is doing the right thing, drafting the best player available on their board every pick. We need supreme value and talent from this draft and Nix is doing that. Troup is a true NT and IMO will be the starter Day 1, as with Spiller.

Spiller will be a pro-bowler his first year, in at least a KR or PR role. Troup will be the solid NT we need, and is a hard-worker and has been his entire college career. That, I believe is the most important factor in evaluating prospects. Not too familiar with Carrington, but I do like the pick. We need to bolster our run defense and Nix is giving us a legitimate shot at becoming a Top-10 defense next year.

You're dreaming.

How can you call these solid picks??

Spiller is a great talent but they didn't need to use the 9th pick on a RB.

For the next 2 picks, I'll use the NFL.com rating system.

Troup was given a 5.3. How can you justify taking him when Cody, with a rating of 8.0, who some had as early as the end of the 1st was still there???? There were 5 other DTs with much better grades taken after Troup.

Carrington: how can you take a DE (grade of 7.3) when you need an OT and Campbell with an 8.0 grade is still there. WR is even a bigger need than DE and Dezmon Briscoe, Mike Williams and Mardy Gilyard still havent been taken?

What were Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Brady Quinn, and Mike Williams ratings?

You're dreaming.

Have you seen how phenomenal this kid is with the ball in his hands? Unreal speed matched with equally impressive quickeness and acceleration, Spiller can score any time he touches the ball. Best offensive player in this draft.

Like Buddy said, "There's only one Spiller."

Have you seen how phenomenal this kid is with the ball in his hands? Unreal speed matched with equally impressive quickeness and acceleration, Spiller can score any time he touches the ball. Best offensive player in this draft.

How many probowl RBs come from a 3 or 5 win team?

None.

That's not even factoring in the fact they have no passing game, no OL and no WRs to catch the ball. So teams will load up to stop Spiller.

Plus, he'll be splitting carries with Lynch and Jackson. He's not going to be an every down player.

But yes. He's fast.

lol

The NFL draft isn't a video game kid. Snap out of it, you're daydreaming. You're not playing Madden. Why don't you look back at some of the "player ratings" in years past and see how accurate they turned out to be. People like you are the reason fans are labeled stupid. Choose another team cuz you're clueless.

PLAYER RATINGS!!! ha

OK A-holes!! As soon as Troup was announced, Kiper says "I had him as a 3rd rounder".

The people in charge change but the reaches continue.

How have the reaches for Whitner, McCargo & Maybin turned out??

When dozens of draft lists are reasonably close, the Bills continue to take players much earlier than where most think they should be. The results with no playoffs in 10 years are telling.

You could take any mock draft from the major sports websites and do a better job drafting than the Bills.

How many of the Bills draft picks over the last 10 years have been outright busts? The vast majority. Same can be said all over the NFL. Nobody, including the guys actually drafting the players knows for sure. I think the Bills draft board is broken. I think Nix is a nut and has lost it and has no idea what he is doing anymore. Could also be he is a genius. Who knows? People who want to spin it positive, go right ahead. You have been doing it for years and you have been wrong almost all of the time. Don't change now. Just fooling yourself into thinking they are on the right track. Who knows, they might be and then again, they may not be. I don't think they were solid picks. I think Nix thinks he is smarter than everyone and is going to show everyone how smart he is. Hope he is.

That was John Butler's MO as well. Production always trumped potential...

(except in his final draft in Buffalo)

Yep. Excellent point. NOTHING proves a player like his production. That's all ANYONE has to go on. And like dave pointed out, it's production over a long period. Not one-year wonders like Maybin who still is growing into his body and learning the game. We're seeing a lot of similarity in philosophy between Nix and Butler. That's no accident considering their past association.

GO BILLS!!!

OK A-holes!! As soon as Troup was announced, Kiper says "I had him as a 3rd rounder".

The people in charge change but the reaches continue.

How have the reaches for Whitner, McCargo & Maybin turned out??

When dozens of draft lists are reasonably close, the Bills continue to take players much earlier than where most think they should be. The results with no playoffs in 10 years are telling.

You could take any mock draft from the major sports websites and do a better job drafting than the Bills.

Yeah but Kiper also had Clausen and Campbell being taken in the first. FWIW

I'll take that bet. What kind of odds do you want?

How can you call these solid picks??

Spiller is a great talent but they didn't need to use the 9th pick on a RB.

For the next 2 picks, I'll use the NFL.com rating system.

Troup was given a 5.3. How can you justify taking him when Cody, with a rating of 8.0, who some had as early as the end of the 1st was still there???? There were 5 other DTs with much better grades taken after Troup.

Carrington: how can you take a DE (grade of 7.3) when you need an OT and Campbell with an 8.0 grade is still there. WR is even a bigger need than DE and Dezmon Briscoe, Mike Williams and Mardy Gilyard still havent been taken?

Do we really want another Mike Williams?

lol

The NFL draft isn't a video game kid. Snap out of it, you're daydreaming. You're not playing Madden. Why don't you look back at some of the "player ratings" in years past and see how accurate they turned out to be. People like you are the reason fans are labeled stupid. Choose another team cuz you're clueless.

PLAYER RATINGS!!! ha

Good point!. Thats why the guys doing the ratings for NFL.com aren't working for the NFL teams and doing the actual picks.

...he just didn't feel like it in college.