Round 3, Pick #72: DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State

SDS

You obviously have nothing to say about football, which is why you post personal insults... but go ahead an post you nonsense anyway. This is America after all.

Thanks. I was waiting for your permission. I post insults because stupid people need to know that they're not free to give their opinions without some kind of blowback.

PS- When your best (and only) pass rusher is about to retire and you spend your top defensive draft picks on linemen who can't rush the passer then that's not good. Even someone as juvenile as you might be able to understand that... or maybe you think that our top outside linebacker tandem of Maybin and Kelsay will take up the slack?

Blah, blah, blah. I guarantee that you've never seen even a second of either player the BILLS drafted today before you heard their names. But go ahead and tell us how much they're going to suck.

But it's America, so you're free to look like an uninformed Chicken Little at your leisure.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have nothing to say about football, which is why you post personal insults... but go ahead an post you nonsense anyway. This is America after all.

PS- When your best (and only) pass rusher is about to retire and you spend your top defensive draft picks on linemen who can't rush the passer then that's not good. Even someone as juvenile as you might be able to understand that... or maybe you think that our top outside linebacker tandem of Maybin and Kelsay will take up the slack?

3-4 teams generate a lot of pressure at LB...

And if we are lucky, no longer a problem :thumbsup:

I'm thinking one of the major problems with Jauron's defense was Jauron's retard-rollercoaster offense. You know, the unit that couldn't move the chains worth a damn.

I guess we're counting on Spiller and Chan Gailey's mad skilz as an offensive jeanyus.

He was hoping we'd pick Bruce Smith at pick 73 of the third round. You know, because the BILLS don't need to be able to stop the run - that's certainly not a problem.

Oh come on we were one of the best teams against the run... :thumbsup:

EDIT: wait I had the page turned upside-down. :w00t:

The Bills ranked 30th against the run in 2009. They gave up an astonishing 2,501 yards and allowed an average of 4.7 yards per carry. If that weren't bad enough, consider that they surrendered an average of 156.3 yards per game. Fortunately for us, someone in the Bills front office is paying attention and realized that you can't win if you can't stop your opponents on the ground.

Rushing the passer was the least of our worries last year.

Thanks. I was waiting for your permission. I post insults because stupid people need to know that they're not free to give their opinions without some kind of blowback.

Blah, blah, blah. I guarantee that you've never seen even a second of either player the BILLS drafted today before you heard their names. But go ahead and tell us how much they're going to suck.

But it's America, so you're free to look like an uninformed Chicken Little at your leisure.

You're an ass, but you know that already. Good thing for you that you have the internet to shoot off your little tirades without actually having to discuss something face to face with a person with intelligent discourse. I guess that's beyond someone like you. Have fun posting your nonsense.

The Bills ranked 30th against the run in 2009. They gave up an astonishing 2,501 yards and allowed an average of 4.7 yards per carry. If that weren't bad enough, consider that they surrendered an average of 156.3 yards per game. Fortunately for us, someone in the Bills front office is paying attention and realized that you can't win if you can't stop your opponents on the ground.

Rushing the passer was the least of our worries last year.

The Bill ranked 30th against the run because then ran a penetration oriented defense ... the same reason that the Colts were poor against the run. If they ran a more traditional 4-3, they would've been better. If you look at the top teams in the league... NO, Indy, Minnesota... you can't beat them without being able to rush the QB. I'm worried that were were mediocre at this last season, our best pass rusher is about to retire and no steps have been taken in free agency or the draft to address it. I think Troup might have been a good pick (arguments of whether we could've gotten him later aside), but why pick another run oriented defender right after him?

You know that Carrington had like 19 sacks the past 2 years. Right? Right?

The Bill ranked 30th against the run because then ran a penetration oriented defense ... the same reason that the Colts were poor against the run. If they ran a more traditional 4-3, they would've been better. If you look at the top teams in the league... NO, Indy, Minnesota... you can't beat them without being able to rush the QB. I'm worried that were were mediocre at this last season, our best pass rusher is about to retire and no steps have been taken in free agency or the draft to address it. I think Troup might have been a good pick (arguments of whether we could've gotten him later aside), but why pick another run oriented defender right after him?

The 3-4 lineman are inherently designed to eat up the hogs to the the LBs and Safeties penetrate. Bruce was the exception not the rule. The advantage the 3-4 holds is that you don't know where the rush is coming from. The 4-3 is easier to gameplan against because it is harder to disguise, and dropping a hand on the ground lineman in the zone scheme is not something you want to run 25 times a game. Therefor, you want your NT to be a mountain, and the two ends athletic, yet stout and let your OLB's wreak the havoc. Other than Dwan Edwards, we don't have a true 3-4 end on the squad. I don't buy stroud being a great candidate just yet....

Wow, passing up OT again. I guess they really think Demetrius Bell is a good NFL starter at this point, and Jamon Meredith is a good NFL backup. They're wrong, unfortunately.

Carrington wouldn't be a bad pick if there was zero quality available at OT, or if we already had something at OT. Can anyone honestly say that depth at DE behind Stroud/Edwards/Johnson/Kyle Williams some of the time is more important than depth at OT behind Bell/Green/Meredith/Chambers?

All solid points.

Need some O Line help yo!!

And it's a smart move given the holes on offense. I think it's pretty simple, Nix doesn't think the offense players (specifically OL and QB) that are there are good enough to fill the holes. He does think the Defensive players can. Not picking OL or QB doesn't mean the team doesn't care about those positions, only that they don't think the ones that are there are good enough. I don't know much about O-linemen, but I am 100% in agreement about the QB.

Bingo!

These are "value" picks, it seems. Many posters (myself included) had never heard of Carrington, so can't handle him as our 3rd rounder.

Posters have heard of QB Clausen and OT Campbell, so the "name" guy should be taken, and Buddy is wrong.

Funny to see how Bulaga, even Derrick Morgan (3rd DE if you include Graham) have fallen from the grace bestowed upon them by all these mock drafts.

The mock drafts, of course are NOT created by scouts and personnel guys. They are too busy out scouting.

So the hack writers and bloggers put out their mocks, based on other guys' mocks most likely.

And here we are. Some of us enjoying it - while others gnash their teeth with every pick.

One more day, then the UDFAs.

Happy draft day(s), everyone!