Round 3, Pick #72: DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State

SDS

Wow, I am sitting here in Jacksonville, Florida (just visiting) and I have my little WAR ROOM setup in my hotel room on the beach while my family is visiting in-laws and I am so pizzed off right now!!!

This seems like last years draft...Reaches, and positional needs are not being filled !! Clausen, McCoy, Campbell OT, were all out there for the taking along with many others I've heard of !

Yes, it is very important to have heard of them.

The Dickerson reference is just icing on the cake.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just not understanding the complaining......

I am really not

Me neither! I'm all about "running and stopping the run". We draft a potential superstar at RB and then go with big bodies for the front 7. I don't see the downside here. We're not going to be able to address every need on this team in three picks, so the fact that they haven't drafted an Olineman isn't a huge deal. If we get to July and they still haven't done anything, then I may be a little concerned...but I like this draft a lot.

This seems like last years draft...Reaches, and positional needs are not being filled !! Clausen, McCoy, Campbell OT, were all out there for the taking along with many others I've heard of ! There are a couple of players available that could've gone late 1st or early 2nd still on the board and we pick players that are 4th or 5th no-namers!!! Crap...I am taking down my war-room, packing my bags, and although I'll watch the rest of the 3rd round today...I am putting my charts, graphs, projections and all my stuff away and I'll watch with one eye while I listen to the Sabres streaming on WGR550.

....and there you go.

EDIT: Bah! The Dean beat me to it. :D

Me neither! I'm all about "running and stopping the run".

Running and stopping the run has never worked in the NFL! Did you not see that Drew Brees won the Superbowl? DREW BREES!

PEYTON MANNING!

Sorry, that is all the Superbowl winning QBs I know.

awesome.... :thumbsup:

Intangibles: Graduated with a 3.52 GPA in Psychology and plans to return to grad school and become a clinical psychologist after his football career. Recruited by the likes of LSU and Mississippi, among others, but elected to come to Arkansas State to remain closest to his son. Started the final 36 games of his career. Also plays on special teams, including as an in-line blocker on the field goal and PAT units.

OMG what a reach....this guys SUCKS!

Put down your Genny cream ale, wipe the cheeto dust from your face. Maybe you suck. :thumbsup:

Is negativity without anything to backup up your 'intelligent' statement all you can spew?

Don't be such a jackal.

Wow, I am sitting here in Jacksonville, Florida (just visiting) and I have my little WAR ROOM setup in my hotel room on the beach while my family is visiting in-laws and I am so pizzed off right now!!!

This seems like last years draft...Reaches, and positional needs are not being filled !! Clausen, McCoy, Campbell OT, were all out there for the taking along with many others I've heard of ! There are a couple of players available that could've gone late 1st or early 2nd still on the board and we pick players that are 4th or 5th no-namers!!! Crap...I am taking down my war-room, packing my bags, and although I'll watch the rest of the 3rd round today...I am putting my charts, graphs, projections and all my stuff away and I'll watch with one eye while I listen to the Sabres streaming on WGR550.

The Buffalo Bills WAR ROOM gets a Smelly Jockstrap for their drafting today!!! (Trademark of the smelly Jockstrap verbage belongs to Coach Chuck Dickerson)! Do I ever miss the 90's What a lousy organization!! That darn Modrak

still has way too much say in the Bills organization and he needs to go!! :thumbsup:

Go outside and get some fresh air.

Put down your Genny cream ale, wipe the cheeto dust from your face. Maybe you suck. :thumbsup:

Is negativity without anything to backup up your 'intelligent' statement all you can spew?

Don't be such a jackal.

You do realize he posted that before the pick, as a joke. Right?

sorry guys we arent taking people based on mel kipers big board. theres obviously something wrong with the tackles in this draft if buddy isnt taking them. example bruce campbell- guy couldnt block worth a lick at maryland and everyone sees the sports science thing done on him this morning and gets a boner. first you guys bwhine about taking spiller bc he was a "luxury" pick then u whine about carrington and troup because they were "reaches" according to kipers big board. remember we had the worst run defense in football last year and these last two picks are dominant against the run. i dont know what more you guys want.

I agree this has been a GREAT Draft so far

I think this guy looks pretty solid.. seems a tad slow but great run stuffer and can really use his strength to push into the backfield. We just added some serious run stopping power to the D-line with the last two picks.

Carrington has the measurables and raw talent to vie for a starting position after his second or third season in the league.

How can people be on board with a guy that MIGHT start in 2012 at best? I understand its the third round but that seems to not be the greatest strategy.