You gotta love Buddy Nix

Billsguy

Mark Gaughn's article had this:

'They could have taken the third tackle in the draft — either Iowa's Bryan Bulaga or Rutgers' Anthony Davis. They could have taken nose tackle Dan Williams of Tennessee or pass rusher Derrick Morgan of Georgia Tech.

"I told you guys the last time we met that need was important, but it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't," Nix said.'

What a great quote, " it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't" Totally illogical, but entertaining.

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't the smartest guy.

They took Spiller to sell tickets and create some buzz. How about that shot at Lee Evans that the team had no game breakers? I think he was right about that unfortunately.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if they took a QB or WR.

Speaking of need, they will probably be shopping for starting OT's in round 7.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to come right out and say that other teams drafted players way too high and they shouldn't be starting (even if that's what he believes). They are potential trade partners, and you don't piss them off for no reason.

Reaching for players at a need position gets players like John McCargo. If there are no tackles left on the board worth a high first rounder, don't take one.

I would rather have Charles Brown at 41, than Anthony Davis at 9. But that's just me.

'They could have taken the third tackle in the draft — either Iowa's Bryan Bulaga or Rutgers' Anthony Davis. They could have taken nose tackle Dan Williams of Tennessee or pass rusher Derrick Morgan of Georgia Tech.

"I told you guys the last time we met that need was important, but it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't," Nix said.'

What a great quote, " it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't" Totally illogical, but entertaining.

They took Spiller to sell tickets and create some buzz. How about that shot at Lee Evans that the team had no game breakers? I think he was right about that unfortunately.

Like the intensity, but I disagree.

1. Of all the GM HC combinations in the league, this one has already proven to not be interested in Russ Brandon's "Sell Tickets any way you can" campaign.

2. Lee Evans is not a game breaker. He's a great wide receiver that can not get open...which is a huge thing for a WR. If he cant get open, he cant break open anything....and yes I agree, maybe if he had a supporting cast QB and other WR's, he would be.

3. Who touches the ball every play of the game offensively? QB. And we need one. Personally I like, McCoy. So I want them to go get him.

Just my opinion man.

i think you are misunderstanding him. i believe what he was politly trying to say was the bills didnt think they could start from day one but he showed the players some respect by saying "not that they couldnt".

IMO it means the bills did not think they could start and contribute immediatly but that you never know maybe they could but it was obvious the bills had a conviction that they could not!

How about if it's that all of them could start, just that they thought spiller was the best value of the group.

This post reminds me of Damon Wayans on Living Color when he played the inmate who read everything he could get his hands on understood nada. Very funny stuff, thanks for the flashback.

He's not going to come right out and say that other teams drafted players way too high and they shouldn't be starting (even if that's what he believes). They are potential trade partners, and you don't piss them off for no reason.

Reaching for players at a need position gets players like John McCargo. If there are no tackles left on the board worth a high first rounder, don't take one.

I would rather have Charles Brown at 41, than Anthony Davis at 9. But that's just me.

I like your thinking a lot... Spiller, Brown and then trade up to get a NT. Issue, will Brown last until 41?? This Spiller pick could work out after all...

Like the intensity, but I disagree.

1. Of all the GM HC combinations in the league, this one has already proven to not be interested in Russ Brandon's "Sell Tickets any way you can" campaign.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The Spiller pick was a lot of things, to include a marketing ploy. Furthermore, if their supposed hardcore interest in Tebow has any shred of truth to it, that to would only refute your claim.

you need to re-read this quote:

"I told you guys the last time we met that need was important, but it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately" that where the quote really ends.

here it is again with PC-speak translation:

"I told you guys the last time we met that need was important, but it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, and ill add on some BS because you dont flat out criticize other teams' players in the media, especially when one is a kid i just coached and hope does very well." Nix said.'

FWIW, the easiest position to draft in the NFL is running back, particularly in the first round. You've either got the physical skills or you don't.

Saying it's brilliant that taking the top RB in the top 10 is brilliant is too easy.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Apparently 32 NFL teams doubt that Clausen is a top QB in round one.

CJ has the potential to score on play 1, game 1.

And then he has the potential to score every time he touches the ball after that.

That's a helluva lotta impact.

potential and 75 cents will get you a small coffee.

I wish we'd tanked last year so we could have drafted an every-down OL prospect.

Ok, Brainiac. Who IS this "can't miss" QB you speak of? :D

Apparently 32 NFL teams doubt that Clausen is a top QB in round one.

learn to count retard

you think any team that already has a good QB is going to draft a QB in round 1? lololol

other crap teams at least got help at key need positions

everywhere the bills are being given among the worst draft grade in round 1