Any chance the new regime thinks Bell is the answer at LT?

We will see how the draft plays out but I wonder if the new front office believes Bell is a true option if not considered the answer at LT. I wopuld be shocked if this were the case. However, if a tackle is not drafted tonight I guess by default they believe Bell is the answer.

We will see how the draft plays out but I wonder if the new front office believes Bell is a true option if not considered the answer at LT. I wopuld be shocked if this were the case. However, if a tackle is not drafted tonight I guess by default they believe Bell is the answer.

No. They have said that LT is a definite position of need.

No. They have said that LT is a definite position of need.

I don't think the comments that I saw were that clearcut...It was more of a "everybody says we need a LT and the story kind of grows" quote

That said I think they see a place for him on the line whether RT or LT we'll have to wait for camp and opening day to see...

However, if a tackle is not drafted tonight I guess by default they believe Bell is the answer.

I wouldn't go quite that far. It may simply say something of their opinion of the OTs that they've had the opportunity to draft and instead passed on.

Yes. They said they like Bell at LT, and assuming he comes back from his injury he should be the starter at LT. They said they feel different about their players than some others do, and singled out Bell as an example of one they are really high on. Don't be shocked if they don't address tackle until Saturday, which means Bell is starting opening day.

OT's still Available:

Bruce Campbell

Charles Brown

Rodger Saffold

Vladimir Ducasse

I'm hopeful we get one in the 2nd today, and that we're not content with Bell.

I'd like to see either Saffold or Campbell.

The real question would be whether if any of them were drafted could they and should they start for the Bills next year. Surely one of them is better than Bell...right?

Here is my guess...

They take Saffold or Brown with #41.

Then, we may trade Lynch to the Seahawks for #60 and pick up Mount COdy if he's still there :D

Cody won't be there at 60. Maybe Troup, but I doubt that. Too many 3-4's teams looking for a NT. I say pull the trigger on Cody at 41 and trade up for best LT possible.

Cody won't be there at 60. Maybe Troup, but I doubt that. Too many 3-4's teams looking for a NT. I say pull the trigger on Cody at 41 and trade up for best LT possible.

This. There are still some solid LT prospects beyond Saffold and Brown (guys like Capers and Ducasse spring to mind)

I still think Bell has some upside, especially compared to some of these second round guys. Remember he was very raw, and was thrust into the starting lineup at the last minute.

I have to think that he is still has the physical talent and will have gotten better in his understanding of the game and technique through both his playing time pre-injury, and the entire year of studying and learning even after the injury.

I would have loved Okung, but I'm not convinced right off that there is someone else who as a rookie will be so clearly better than a more experienced Bell. Of course without Butler he could also compete for RT, and adding a new talent to the mix certainly will help our team. But will it be as big a difference as a NT or QB could be? Depends how you evaluate Bell/Trent/Kyle.

I still think Trent has some upside if he can shake his concussion after effects and get back to the QB who was 4-0 and throwing the ball downfield a couple years ago, and Gailey might be a good fit to get that out of him. We definitely have no 3-4 NT on the roster, while in Bell and Trent we have some guys who have upside and downside and the Gailey/Nix evaluation about who those two guys really are will determine our pick.

Just because the guy you already have can't cut it doesn't mean the guy(s) available in the draft are automatically an upgrade.

Right..but it does mean that the guy you already have can't cut it and you are going to have another losing seasoning if you don't get someone who can.

You guys are forgetting about Kyle Williams. He may be able to handle the NT position. They might have to jump back into the second and get his rotation backup, say Cam Thomas.

I think they do what they have to to get either Brown or Saffold in the 2nd. I don't see Bell being anything more than a backup at this point.

You guys are forgetting about Kyle Williams. He may be able to handle the NT position. They might have to jump back into the second and get his rotation backup, say Cam Thomas.

I think they do what they have to to get either Brown or Saffold in the 2nd. I don't see Bell being anything more than a backup at this point.

I think Kyle is 100% capable, but I also think that some depth there would go a long way when comes to stopping the run. Don't know who can fill that bill though. NTs of that size and caliber are a rare find.

I think Meredith would make a better RT than Bell- Bell is very athletic but he needs to improve his strength and technique, has he been putting in the hard work with the weights? he didn't have the improvement last year that I was wishing for went from 305 to 307 not much of an improvement, but we do seem to have more serious conditioning program now so I am somewhat hopeful.

OT's still Available:

Bruce Campbell

Charles Brown

Rodger Saffold

Vladimir Ducasse

I'm hopeful we get one in the 2nd today, and that we're not content with Bell.

I'd like to see either Saffold or Campbell.

The real question would be whether if any of them were drafted could they and should they start for the Bills next year. Surely one of them is better than Bell...right?

Well if you believe Nolan Nawrocki (and you should), Saffold is ready to come out and start at LT as a rookie.