What is with the leaks?

The fact that the Bills were infatuated with Tebow was the worst kept secret in the draft. Think about it, the Kelly/Tebow dinner and his wife's tweet, Schefter has been all over this for weeks and of course PFT was reporting what Schefter was reporting (cheapshot at PFT).

Ralph and Russ wanted Tebow because he truly has a "Palin-esque" effect on people and the media which is undeniable. Merch sales would've been off the charts, season tix go up and the Bills put themselves as the lead story in every medium. Plus, Kelly gave Tebow his seal of approval, which of course is all some fans needs, and Tebow would have the same effect on this town that Kelly did. The Bills now have a face of the franchise and it is Tim Freekin Tebow!

Here is my theory:

Nix was not going to let the genius that is Ralph/Russ dictate his first draft. He promised a winner, not a marketing machine. So Nix let it be known to the world that the Bills wanted Tebow and were willing to trade up to get him. He only needed one team to flinch and of course Denver did and there goes Tebow. Nix leaks that, "The Bills are devestated" and Buddy moves on with his draft and appeases the two idiots (RW/RN) and the Bills are sitting pretty with 2 QBs, some serious pass rushers and a couple of good Tackels still on the board.

I just can't see why Nix wanted his draft plans to be public domain. There are to many good player who are ready to play from day 1 in this draft and taking Tebow and hoping he develops in 2-4 years was not going to happen.

If this is what happened(it is pure speculation my part), I say props Buddy. NOW GO GET CLAUSEN!!!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice theory, except that if you believe that, Buddy just ensured that a weak team Broncos stayed weak, and a strong team Baltimore got a lot stronger.

Or maybe, everything that was reported was true...

..... because Ralph Wilson is still the team's owner?

Nice theory, except that if you believe that, Buddy just ensured that a weak team Broncos stayed weak, and a strong team Baltimore got a lot stronger.

I don't think Buddy was worrying about any other team's draft except his own. Again, when have you ever seen a pick so telegraphed? Moreover, when have ever heard a post pick comment from a team that didn't get it's player?

Did you hear a thing about SD moving up to get Mathews? Or Denver's infatuation with Tebow? No.

I am not completely sold on Nix but he can't be as inept as he was made out to be with the Tebow situation.

More likely the Bills wanted Tebow at their price (a 2nd rounder) and just weren't that concerned if someone else took him before them, because they have 8 more picks & don't plan on trading away any picks to move up. I get the same read from the Bills on the rest of the QBs left. If the guy is at the top of their board when they draft, and not before they draft, they'll take him, otherwise they'll draft the guy at the top of the board. Buddy Nix knows he won't turn this team around this draft & is drafting like a man who knows he has another draft next season to fill in the missing pieces. So, best player available is usually the best choice when you have a team with this many needs. You bring in your type of guys & jettison the underachievers that have helped create the losing mentality. Now you can't get rid of all the guys you want to in year 1, but you start by replacing the biggest losers. Looks like Marshawn Lynch is considered the biggest loser.

All the pre-draft stuff is just smoke and mirrors. How do you know any of it is true? We'll never know for sure, will we? You recall Gailey made some "scat back" comments hich seemed to indicate Spiller. We brought in at least a dozen othr players. Kelly having dinner with Tebow meant squat.

PTR

Or maybe, everything that was reported was true...

I wonder how long Buddy will be here if he really is actively undermining the quixotic owner. <_<

I wonder how long Buddy will be here if he really is actively undermining the quixotic owner. <_<

I don't think it's hard to fool a guy who craps his pants once a day. As meddlesome as Ralph can be, justifying 4 picks for a guy who isn't going to be a full time QB for 2-4 years is a tough sell. Especially with the lack of talent on this team.

At the end of the day, it's just a thought. It its truly hard to believe that Buddy or any GM would telegraph his plans so publicly. I'm not saying they wouldn't have taken Tebow in the 2nd, but to give a 2,3,4,5 for a project doesn't go with Nix's theory on building through the draft.

Also speculating on WGR that perhaps Denver is leaking other teams interest in Tebow to validate their trade up. Which makes sense.

For once, 'GR makes sense. Nix is the anti-Donahoe and I doubt very much that he whispers to Schefter, etc. to set up his draft board.

They didn't overpay to move up for Tebow. Nothing else to see here, IMO...

I don't think it's hard to fool a guy who craps his pants once a day. As meddlesome as Ralph can be, justifying 4 picks for a guy who isn't going to be a full time QB for 2-4 years is a tough sell. Especially with the lack of talent on this team.

At the end of the day, it's just a thought. It its truly hard to believe that Buddy or any GM would telegraph his plans so publicly. I'm not saying they wouldn't have taken Tebow in the 2nd, but to give a 2,3,4,5 for a project doesn't go with Nix's theory on building through the draft.

Like I've been saying since the day he was hired ... Nix isn't the only guy in the room.

Follow the money, dude. Russ Brandon is the CEO and is still the highest paid man in the building.

No matter what anyone says, season ticket sales are not going to be at the level they were in 08-09 in 2010. The story isn't written there, especially with sales only beginning within the past month.

Spiller fits for multiple reasons. He sells tickets, can be sold to the fan base as the already pointed out anti-Lynch, he's a flashy skill player who can sell merchandise, and isn't a boring OT.

First round picks are organizational decisions, especially in Buffalo. All parties were involved, and they're not limited to merely the football people. Saying Nix makes the pick is naive.

I don't think Buddy was worrying about any other team's draft except his own. Again, when have you ever seen a pick so telegraphed? Moreover, when have ever heard a post pick comment from a team that didn't get it's player?

Did you hear a thing about SD moving up to get Mathews? Or Denver's infatuation with Tebow? No.

I am not completely sold on Nix but he can't be as inept as he was made out to be with the Tebow situation.

Yes, absolutely

They had him in for four hours on the very last day eligible players were allowed contact with clubs.

Here's another one: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/381750-...-denver-broncos

I don't think it's hard to fool a guy who craps his pants once a day. As meddlesome as Ralph can be, justifying 4 picks for a guy who isn't going to be a full time QB for 2-4 years is a tough sell.

Oh look, another unfounded attack on Wilson by a tough-guy internet poster. Get a life, or better yet, get out.

Oh look, another unfounded attack on Wilson by a tough-guy internet poster. Get a life, or better yet, get out.

I love how when a comment is posted that someone at TSW doesn't like, their first reaction is, "GET OUT!"

Please, who's the internet tough guy now? And how is what I said being an "internet tough guy"? Ralph deserves every cheapshot he gets and I COULD NOT CARE LESS IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT

I love how when a comment is posted that someone at TSW doesn't like, their first reaction is, "GET OUT!"

Please, who's the internet tough guy now? And how is what I said being an "internet tough guy"? Ralph deserves every cheapshot he gets and I COULD NOT CARE LESS IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT

Attack his choices, don't slander the man with unfounded lies.

Interesting thread. PTR is closest to correct. Buddy had no intention of coughing up picks to grab Tebow. The guy has forgotten more about football and judging talent then the rest of us will learn collectively in our lives. He knows what he's doing and can play the smokescreen game with the best.