schefter on espn

This has nothing to do with being a "nice guy". Don't think for a minute that I base an opinion on a player because he is a "nice guy". Talent is talent. Leadership is just that leadership! If you can't see that in Tim Tebow fine.... but don't suggest to me that I just like Tim Tebow because he is a "nice guy". If you want to believe that Tim Tebow doesn't have the talent to play then fine. If you want to believe that it will take three years for him to become productive as a starting QB fine. I do not. I think he will be the Denver starting QB by the end of the year. If he gets on the field because of an injury to a starting QB he will never come off. You can take that to the bank. If the Broncos did not believe that they would have never drafted him in the first round.

Wake up people... we as fans just got screwed out of watching a very special talent. If the Bills rated him lower then C J Spiller and are trying now to suggest that they though so much of Tim they wanted to draft him in the first round then tell me why they did not draft him at # 9? This is a joke. They made a big mistake and they know it and trying to tell us of the big plans for C J to be the focal point of the offense shows how stupid they think we are. C J is a good player but C J is not a franchise QB.

A franchise what? Tebow might be a nice guy, but he is raw project that will take time to develop. Denver gave away a lot to get him and what should worry Bill's fans is that OBD was even in the running to move back into the first round for a project.

The only explanation might be that Tebow would sell tickets... and maybe this story is unfounded, but I am sure we will hear more.

I said it before and I will say it again. At the end of the day (ie their careers) Tebow will be better than Clausen and Bradford.

We missed out on a once in a lifetime player today.

We dodged a bullet today. Giving up all those picks for a great guy, but questionable player is just stupid. There are lot of "winners" in college ball that never made it in the NFL. I think Tebow is going to be one of them. At the very least, he won't make an impact fo years. We need production for once from our first round pick and not anothe project.

I said it before and I will say it again. At the end of the day (ie their careers) Tebow will be better than Clausen and Bradford.

No, we dodged the next Danny Wurffel. :unsure:

Sadly I agree.

But at #9 I say it was too high, Denver knew that Buffalo wanted Tebow but had more picks to work with.

We shall see what happens.

ok, so buffalo has a billion holes.

denver gave up their second, third, and fourth round pick, so ostensibly we'd have to have given up more than that.

and you guys are saying we should have outbid denver?

i agree that it was too much to give up, especially given the number of our needs. but i still think Tebow is going to be a great player someday. we did the right thing and did not outbid denver. but knwing that we wanted him makes me both happy and upset, since we couldnt get him.

This has nothing to do with being a "nice guy". Don't think for a minute that I base an opinion on a player because he is a "nice guy". Talent is talent. Leadership is just that leadership! If you can't see that in Tim Tebow fine.... but don't suggest to me that I just like Tim Tebow because he is a "nice guy". If you want to believe that Tim Tebow doesn't have the talent to play then fine. If you want to believe that it will take three years for him to become productive as a starting QB fine. I do not. I think he will be the Denver starting QB by the end of the year. If he gets on the field because of an injury to a starting QB he will never come off. You can take that to the bank. If the Broncos did not believe that they would have never drafted him in the first round.

Wake up people... we as fans just got screwed out of watching a very special talent. If the Bills rated him lower then C J Spiller and are trying now to suggest that they though so much of Tim they wanted to draft him in the first round then tell me why they did not draft him at # 9? This is a joke. They made a big mistake and they know it and trying to tell us of the big plans for C J to be the focal point of the offense shows how stupid they think we are. C J is a good player but C J is not a franchise QB.

The guy can't even throw a spiral and you've got him half way to sainthood right out of the box. Ease up on the melodrama.

If they wanted Tebow then why did they not take him at #9? This is a big mistake... you pass on a franchise QB to take a speed back. You have got to be kidding me. So you are telling me that a franchise QB should be rated lower then a RB who is not big enough to stay on the field for all three downs!! Your telling me for your first draft that you are building your new offense around a speed back. You think it's cute being a Buffalo Bills fan and year after year going through first round picks that fail. You would think after last year that this group would want to try to build something. This is not building an offense. This is just adding a player who's style you don't have on the roster but is not a player to build on. This is a player that you add to a good offense . It's like drafting Leon Washington # 9 You don't build an offense on a RB who is a specialty player. You build it by drafting a QB. Now every time Denver is in the Super Bowl with Tim Tebow at the helm I get to say we could have had him at the #9 pick in this draft. This is a big mistake. This group is just as bad as all the other coaches and this team will not be a very good team until they get a QB. They just put us behind one more year in a rebuilding process. C J Spiller will be lucky if he makes it the whole year with out being injured. Tim Tebow will be a franchise QB. I have had it with this team!

What franchise qb did we pass on ?..I like Colt anyway

If you agree that Tebow is a once in a lifetime player, then #9 wouldn't have been too high.
Maybe your right BUT

The Bills are a better TEAM now with Spiller than with Tebow at #9. Spiller can score from just about anywhere. If he is just as good as CJ in Tenn. then they have a once in a lifetime player.

If Chan can find a way to get him the ball as a WR in some spread sets we could be much better on offense.

If you agree that Tebow is a once in a lifetime player, then #9 wouldn't have been too high.

i agree that Tebow will be, but Spiller is a much more sure thing. and at #9 overall, you need to go with the sure thing that can bring an immediate impact.

my ideal scenario for Tebow on the Bills, would have been trading for McNabb, and drafting Tebow to learn behind him for a couple years.

unfortunately, with the current situation in Buffalo, he would be setup to fail. I'm not even sure Bradford would be able to step right in as a QB where we are at right now.

Someone start a website that compares the amount of points CJ scores over his career over Tebows. Could be interesting...

and then add them together because those would be our offensive numbers if Denver hadnt been willing to blow their entire draft on one pick.

I'd rather they got a good Offensive Lineman with the pick, frankly. !@#$ Tebow. I mean yes, it's nice that he wasn't aborted, but he'd wish he was, behind our O-Line, and a teeny weeny RB when we have two 1000-yard rushers?

Whatever. It's becoming more and more difficult to care about this team.

If they wanted Tebow then why did they not take him at #9? This is a big mistake... you pass on a franchise QB to take a speed back. You have got to be kidding me. So you are telling me that a franchise QB should be rated lower then a RB who is not big enough to stay on the field for all three downs!! Your telling me for your first draft that you are building your new offense around a speed back. You think it's cute being a Buffalo Bills fan and year after year going through first round picks that fail. You would think after last year that this group would want to try to build something. This is not building an offense. This is just adding a player who's style you don't have on the roster but is not a player to build on. This is a player that you add to a good offense . It's like drafting Leon Washington # 9 You don't build an offense on a RB who is a specialty player. You build it by drafting a QB. Now every time Denver is in the Super Bowl with Tim Tebow at the helm I get to say we could have had him at the #9 pick in this draft. This is a big mistake. This group is just as bad as all the other coaches and this team will not be a very good team until they get a QB. They just put us behind one more year in a rebuilding process. C J Spiller will be lucky if he makes it the whole year with out being injured. Tim Tebow will be a franchise QB. I have had it with this team!

maybe they didnt think he is a franchise qb or maybe they wanted someone explosive at 9, either way if they liked him more than spiller they would have taken him at 9.

and where do u get this spiller is not big enough to stay on the field all 3 downs stuff? hes plenty big enough. he can easily be on the field all 3 downs , especially with being a receiving threat too.

and if you've had it with this team, dont let the screen door hit you on the way out!