Anyone else trying the new Coors Light/Miller Lite keg thing?

flomoe

I grabbed the Miller Lite new keg draft thing tonight for the draft. It's not bad but they need to put better instructions on how much to turn the pressurizing dial. The first bunch of pours were a bit foamy but the overall taste is as close to an actual bar keg taste. Not bad to try but the cost per beer is higher than bottle. $17.99 for 1.5 gallons, or 192 ounces or 16/12 oz. bottles/cans.

I grabbed the Miller Lite new keg draft thing tonight for the draft. It's not bad but they need to put better instructions on how much to turn the pressurizing dial. The first bunch of pours were a bit foamy but the overall taste is as close to an actual bar keg taste. Not bad to try but the cost per beer is higher than bottle. $17.99 for 1.5 gallons, or 192 ounces or 16/12 oz. bottles/cans.

[/quote

No,but it sounds like a good idea.Now,if they just put real beer in ther (with actual flavor,character,etc) it might be worth a try

Ugh...Miller Lite...Coors Lite...how the hell can anyone drink that pisswater?

Unfortunately, here in Florida, the options are limited at your local supermarkets. Sam Adams, Cable Car, Dutch Windmill, Corona, Bud, Mich and the likes rule the shelves. There aren't any consumers to be found and 60% of the beer section is filled with everything from Busch to Yuengling on the American side and six packs of most of the popular micro and euro beers filling the rest. Sucks but take what you can get.

No,but it sounds like a good idea.Now,if they just put real beer in ther (with actual flavor,character,etc) it might be worth a try

Agreed. Draft beer is so much better than bottled or can, but it won't improve dog piss like Coors Lite. Start putting REAL beer in those kind of mini-kegs and I'm all over it.

PTR

Agreed. Draft beer is so much better than bottled or can, but it won't improve dog piss like Coors Lite. Start putting REAL beer in those kind of mini-kegs and I'm all over it.

PTR

Depends if it's quantity versus quality. Quantity and it's Miller Lite, quality and it's a nice growler of Pale Ale.

Unfortunately, here in Florida, the options are limited at your local supermarkets. Sam Adams, Cable Car, Dutch Windmill, Corona, Bud, Mich and the likes rule the shelves. There aren't any consumers to be found and 60% of the beer section is filled with everything from Busch to Yuengling on the American side and six packs of most of the popular micro and euro beers filling the rest. Sucks but take what you can get.

I live in Florida and NEVER drink Miller Light or Coors Light.

I do like the look of this new draft contraption, though, and think it has potential if it were filled with decent beer.

They brew coors beer. Then they rinse the tanks. the rinse water is then bottled as coors light.

Nah man, they brew the Coors Light separately, but the crap they scrape off the bottom of the containers gets mixed with water and viola! Keystone Light!

You guys are all beer snobs. Some are a little better than others,but its all beer. Quit complaining and just drink it! :beer:

not true at all haha we need to get you some real beer apparently you'll never drink coors, miller, or bud aagain

You guys are all beer snobs. Some are a little better than others,but its all beer. Quit complaining and just drink it! :beer:

Go ahead, call me a "beer snob." Go drink your Coors. I'll watch you over the top of my foamy glass of hefeweisen.

btw... hefeweisen is a german wheat beer that you cannot see through, and you wont find at the sorority house.

Heineken 5 Liter Draught Keg - been out for about 2 years in my neck of the woods.

Newcastle Brown Ale kegger also brought to you by Heineken.

Killian's Irish Red.

Youse doesn't haff to give up taste for quantity.

The only one I've seen in the stores is the Heineken keg. It usually is covered in dust on the back of a shelf so I don't really trust grabbing it.

I haven't seen the Newcastle or Killians kegs out yet. I would love to see a Hoegarrden or Stella Artois keg come out though. Those are probably my two favorite draft beers that I don't like in a bottle.

Heineken 5 Liter Draught Keg - been out for about 2 years in my neck of the woods.

Newcastle Brown Ale kegger also brought to you by Heineken.

Killian's Irish Red.

Youse doesn't haff to give up taste for quantity.

I have seen the Heineken draught keg, but I thought it was a different setup than the new models. It may be, but according to that article, it is meant to last for 30-days in the fridge, so that might be OK. I'd get the Newcastle, as it happens to be one of my favorite "easy drinking" beers.

I have seen these, but I don't drink enough beer to justify one:

http://www.amazon.com/BeerTender-Heineken-...p/dp/B00132J8RK

Thanks for the tip, Nanker.