Bledsoe Quote

rolly

"Thousands of people have touched my life and helped me get here," Bledsoe said. "A bunch of those people were here at the game. To play well in front of them obviously means a lot."

To play well?? Are ya kiddin me Drew?

He threw one touchdown and three interceptions. I don't care what his completion ratio was, those are the numbers that matter.

This is what he calls playing well. It's obvious that Drew accepts mediocrity in his play and I think he is finally acknowledging that his career is going down the crapper slowly.

Now before anyone jumps on me, I am very happy about the win, and I think Bledsoe played solid enough to win. I just find it humerous that he feels this way and I thought I'd point it out.

"Thousands of people have touched my life and helped me get here," Bledsoe said. "A bunch of those people were here at the game. To play well in front of them obviously means a lot."

He threw one touchdown and three interceptions. I don't care what his completion ratio was, those are the numbers that matter.

This is what he calls playing well. It's obvious that Drew accepts mediocrity in his play and I think he is finally acknowledging that his career is going down the crapper slowly.

Now before anyone jumps on me, I am very happy about the win, and I think Bledsoe played solid enough to win. I just find it humerous that he feels this way and I thought I'd point it out.

137535[/snapback]

Come on man give it a rest already!!

137535[/snapback]

Give me a break. He only said he played "well"--not that he played the game of his career. And even with the 3 picks, DB did, in my opinion, play well. He had his highest yardage total of the season with 275, took only one sack, and his TD to Evans was a thing of beauty.

Plus, reading that quote, are you even sure he was talking about himself playing well, or the team playing well?

True, he did make some solid throws in key situations. I was glad to see the 3rd down conversions up above normal.

However, I think most of the QB's around the league would leave this game thinking they did more bad then good as a whole.

If our defense wasn't there to shut down the Seattle Offense for Drew's interceptions we might be looking at a completely different outcome.

as someone mentioned earlier in TBD. he played very well except for those 3 INTs. McGahee didnt get many yards until late in the game. drew to evans and drew to moulds were herd alot that game. marching down the field, and dominated on 3rd down.

3 INTs looks bad, but they didnt hurt us, and bledsoe looked like a real QB again. flashbacks to his probowl performance a few years ago.

137535[/snapback]

Really? For me, I would think that the 6 straight completions to finish the half in the last two minutes with a TD taking the score to 17-3 was kind of critical. Of course, that is just me. On our first scoring drive he hit Henry for 5 on third and 3 and then hit Willis for 16 on 3rd and 8. On our next TD drive he hit Evans for 10 on 3rd and 8 and hit him in the corner on the fade for a TD on 3rd and 3. On the next TD drive, he hit Aiken for 11 on 3rd and 9 and on the last TD drive he hit Moulds for 24 on 3rd and 5 and nicely executed the fake sneak for the pitch/pass to Willis that him in stride for a long TD "run".

Take away the picks and he had a great game, with them, he had a good game.

I've been bashing Bledsoe, and will continue to do so...but he did make some GREAT plays and some great throws in the game.

137543[/snapback]

Give the guy a break. What truely mattered were the drives. Yeah, he threw three picks, granted, but he also drove the team down the field with consistency we haven't seen in a long long time. Three of the four scores McGahee had were short runs that were set up by Drew's successful passing. McGahee, beyond the "lateral" on 4 & 1, really was not any more of a factor than to keep Seattle's defense honest (other than his ability to not waste TD opportunities when down near the goal line). This is not to take away from McGahee, but those opportunities came from Drew's arm to get us close.

His passer rating was not great due to the heavy penalty those three picks impose, but the passer rating also did not take into account the drives, the 9 for 11 (approx) on third down, etc. This was a game in which the passer rating was a bit mis-leading. (that's for you Stevestojan). Over the course of a season, a QB rating is a solid measurement of a QB's performance, but from a game perspective, they don't always tell the real story or at least not the complete story. This was one of them.

No more a a perfect example were some of RJ's numbers (QB rating). His were considerably higher for the most part, but we all know the outcome of that experiment.

Really?  For me, I would think that the 6 straight completions to finish the half in the last two minutes with a TD taking the score to 17-3 was kind of critical.  Of course, that is just me.  On our first scoring drive he hit Henry for 5 on third and 3 and then hit Willis for 16 on 3rd and 8.  On our next TD drive he hit Evans for 10 on 3rd and 8 and hit him in the corner on the fade for a TD on 3rd and 3.  On the next TD drive, he hit Aiken for 11 on 3rd and 9 and on the last TD drive he hit Moulds for 24 on 3rd and 5 and nicely executed the fake sneak for the pitch/pass to Willis that him in stride for a long TD "run". 

Take away the picks and he had a great game, with them, he had a good game.

137562[/snapback]

Facts suck.

What happened to all of the posters who used to say, "Stats don't matter, the only stat that matters is winning!" Now that we've won 4 of our last 5 (or whatever it is), now we're looking at QB rating, TD to INT ratios, etc, and saying, "See, these are the real stats that matter!" I don't get it... :blink:

Actually I guess I do; there's a small, vocal minority here who, despite overwhelming evidence on the contrary, want to say Bledsoe is the source of all problems.

CW

What happened to all of the posters who used to say, "Stats don't matter, the only stat that matters is winning!"  Now that we've won 4 of our last 5 (or whatever it is), now we're looking at QB rating, TD to INT ratios, etc, and saying, "See, these are the real stats that matter!"  I don't get it... :blink:

Actually I guess I do; there's a small, vocal minority here who, despite overwhelming evidence on the contrary, want to say Bledsoe is the source of all problems.

CW

138021[/snapback]

I've probably said that more than anyone else, I'm still here, & I stand by that statement: The only stat that matters is winning. QB rating, TD to INT ratios, etc. are irrelevant to me. He may have thrown 3 bad picks, but bottom-line we won convincingly.

With each win, Drew extends his Bills career out another week. As much as I would prefer to see JP or Matthews playing QB, I'm cool with him starting as long as he keeps winning. As soon as he loses, he sits.

IF he keeps winning AND leads the Bills to a Super Bowl win AND is chosen MVP, then he can stay; that would only be fair. Anything less than that, and he must leave town no later than June 2005.

Facts suck.

137980[/snapback]

Its like he is the only QB to ever throw a pick. He ticks people off more when they win than when they lose. Can you imagine what would happen if somehow they actually make the playoffs? Even if they just missed by one game, how do you hand over the team next year without even any competition to a guy who spent the last 3 months modeling track suits on the sideline and putting the whirlpool through its paces? Here we have a guy who has struggled yes but with lousy coaching, suspect offensive schemes and an offensive line from the discount shelf at Walmart. No matter how you slice it, Drew Bledsoe knows the game, he knows the ropes, he has been there and done that. He has seen it all, good, bad and ugly. If he gets you that close to the playoffs, how do you just ship him off hoping that JP is not a bust?

I think you bring Drew back if the price is reasonable and you let their play on the field decide the issue. I know, that is not a popular position these days where apparently we are supposed to just decide that so and so is the future and hand him one of the most coveted jobs there is, NFL quarterback. Am I the only one who thinks you earn a starting job?

Its like he is the only QB to ever throw a pick.  He ticks people off more when they win than when they lose.  Can you imagine what would happen if somehow they actually make the playoffs?  Even if they just missed by one game, how do you hand over the team next year without even any competition to a guy who spent the last 3 months modeling track suits on the sideline and putting the whirlpool through its paces?  Here we have a guy who has struggled yes but with lousy coaching, suspect offensive schemes and an offensive line from the discount shelf at Walmart.  No matter how you slice it, Drew Bledsoe knows the game, he knows the ropes, he has been there and done that.  He has seen it all, good, bad and ugly.  If he gets you that close to the playoffs, how do you just ship him off hoping that JP is not a bust? 

I think you bring Drew back if the price is reasonable and you let their play on the field decide the issue.  I know, that is not a popular position these days where apparently we are supposed to just decide that so and so is the future and hand him one of the most coveted jobs there is, NFL quarterback.  Am I the only one who thinks you earn a starting job?

138348[/snapback]

Nope. I agree with all of that. I sincerely hope the braintrust keeps as much of this team together as humanly possible. We're on the cusp, though I'm pretty convinced Drew was done before he got here. I'd love to be wrong about that.