If you could go on a one week vacation anywhere in the world.

Dr. Fong

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 days in London

2 days at the Normandy beaches

3 days in Germany

im re-thinking my whole traveling-within-the-trip idea now that i know he is only 6. at this point, im thinking more along the lines of a single destination, for a few (3-4) days.

i agree that London is a good place to start since it's an English speaking country (kinda, lol), and wouldn't be too much culture shock.

i think i'd start the annual trips in that region, and work south through Europe.

im re-thinking my whole traveling-within-the-trip idea now that i know he is only 6. at this point, im thinking more along the lines of a single destination, for a few (3-4) days.

i agree that London is a good place to start since it's an English speaking country (kinda, lol), and wouldn't be too much culture shock.

i think i'd start the annual trips in that region, and work south through Europe.

What? What do you mean? Everybody speaks American! No? <_<

:wallbash:;);)

Mykonos Greece Just a very beautiful and fun place that I would like to visit.

As to the travel by the seat of your pants...I did that after college for 3 months throughout Europe with 2 good friends. My friend's Dad worked for Hertz and set us up with a rental car (graduation present). Awesome trip and awesome way to see it. Started in Paris, then Amsterdam, drove south through Burgandy, crossed the Pyrnees, hit Pamplona and ran with the bulls, Barcelona, Ibiza, St. Tropez, Nice, Monaco, then north through Turin, Milan and then into Vienna and Prague right after the curtain fell. We then had to head back to Vienna to catch a flight home because we were all out of $$ and max'd our credit cards. We stayed at campgrounds, hostels, with various random girls we met, on the beach etc....it really was the trip of a lifetime. I plan to ensure my children get that experience and would highly recommend it for everyone.

One of those elite African Safari camping trips. But I think that's 10 days at least.

Or the 8-day Mediterranean cruise

I really like the Safari idea. That's the kind of thing you remember for life. I'm sure my wife won't be up for it. She hates camping, but I might look into that. Thanks for the good suggestion.