If you could go on a one week vacation anywhere in the world.

Dr. Fong

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's on my list too. Now that my son's a little bit older I want to start taking him somewhere in the world once a year. Get him exposed to the wide world from an early age.

I don't know if I would take my children to Brazil though (if I had).

Many friends of mine have went and it's great but more for the party atmosphere and weather.

If I had to go somewhere for a family visit, probably Tokyo.

I don't know if I would take my children to Brazil though (if I had).

Many friends of mine have went and it's great but more for the party atmosphere and weather.

If I had to go somewhere for a family visit, probably Tokyo.

I've been to Japan. Really expensive.

I'm sure there's more to do in Brazil than just party. :thumbsup:

I've been to Japan. Really expensive.

I'm sure there's more to do in Brazil than just party. :thumbsup:

Well you could do the following :

1) Play soccer

2) Get abducted

3) See huge round booties in thongs on the beach

4) Go to carnival and refer to # 3

:lol:

That's all i got :lol:

Yeah that's on my list too. Now that my son's a little bit older I want to start taking him somewhere in the world once a year. Get him exposed to the wide world from an early age.

Costa Rica is beautiful. the people are AMAZING. best place ive ever been. although spending a couple months there as a red-blooded, 16 year old exchange student may have influenced me towards loving the place.

but if it is world experience you are after, and getting to see how other people live, I'd recommend a simple European trip. any course through a few countries would do.

you can easily spread it into 2 or 3 trips. an eastern europe trip, a western europe trip, and a northern europe trip. or any combination of the three.

you can basically fly into any city you want, and with a train pass, travel to any other region you wish to see.

my first trip to Europe, back in the day, started with a flight into Amsterdam. i had no hotel reservations or anything. all i did have was a plane ticket home, leaving from Rome about a month later. flying (traveling) by the seat of my pants, i ended up in Zurich for a while, then Florence for a long while, then Rome for a bit before heading home. there were lots of little stops along the way. but that is the way i recommend doing it. start in one city, and have the goal of making it to your last city, with no set plans in between.

there is a lot to be learned from rolling into a new town, in a new country and having to find a place to stay and something to do, without an itinerary.

put him on a plane and tell him "see ya later" <_<

At some point in my life I hope to have enough money set aside that I can quit the job for a year and travel the globe - literally circumnavigate it by spending two to three weeks in different places as the whim hits me. Good news is that if my health holds up over time I am likely going to be able to do just this.