If the Bills don't trade Lynch it seems to me that

no, no, no. you do not let the tail wag the dog.

these players dont get to throw a hissy fit until they are traded. if they are under contract (and not going into their last year) then you proceed as normal and expect this adult, who you are paying millions of dollars, will show up and play.

awkward in the locker room? how so? you think other players care about his situation? to the point that it wont be business as usual? how much do you let your coworkers gripes and issues effect you at your job?

how does he become a malcontent? does he mope around the locker room talking about how horrible he has it? does he refuse to practice hard? refuse to learn the offense?

His teammates might be uncomfortable leaving their wallets unattended in the locker room. That part I could see.

No one will be allowed any denominations above $10

Thankfully, Lynch can't add 10+10 so he won't bother because he thinks it's less than $20.

these players dont get to throw a hissy fit until they are traded. if they are under contract (and not going into their last year) then you proceed as normal and expect this adult, who you are paying millions of dollars, will show up and play.

awkward in the locker room? how so? you think other players care about his situation? to the point that it wont be business as usual? how much do you let your coworkers gripes and issues effect you at your job?

how does he become a malcontent? does he mope around the locker room talking about how horrible he has it? does he refuse to practice hard? refuse to learn the offense?

I don't believe it's Lynch who instigated the trade talk. It's been reported the Bills wanted to trade him. IMO, a team doesn't want a guy who doesn't want to be there. JMO

I don't believe it's Lynch who instigated the trade talk. It's been reported the Bills wanted to trade him. IMO, a team doesn't want a guy who doesn't want to be there. JMO

it's been reported where? Buddy went on record last week(?) saying that talks of trading Lynch did NOT come from OBD.

Awesome post! :unsure: So there are some sane stable members of this board that don't have a knee jerk, sky is falling approach to everything the Bills do, do not do, or is rumored to do. Lynch has not been a malcontent at any time in Buffaloe. Off the field problems yes but disruptive in the locker NO! One example he didn't wine when Freddy started did he NO! so why would he all of a sudden become a malcontent because he hasn't showed up to voluntary practice, the same one he hasn't showed up to since he's been in the league hmmm :lol:

Actually, its been reported that they're not shopping him, but would listen to offers. Also reported was that those offers needed to start with a 2nd round pick.

I think you're reading a little too much into it. They don't HAVE to do anything with a player who has 3 years remaining on his rookie contract. And while he may not be the happiest camper, he will still show up and play if he wants to get paid.

Who says he isn't happy? Because he didn't come to "voluntary" work outs. I love how one person says something, the story gets passed around a couple thousand times and the next thing you know everyone is making assumptions about what these guys are thinking. I can see how people are by nature speculative, but you don't have a clue what ML is thinking or what his team mates think.

he wants to build value for trade or free agency. I suspect he'll be a new an improved Marshawn this season to show that he is worth trading for. I suspect his agent is all over him this year to clean up his image and provide some performance on the field. Okay okay...maybe its just wishful thinking.

Who says he isn't happy? Because he didn't come to "voluntary" work outs. I love how one person says something, the story gets passed around a couple thousand times and the next thing you know everyone is making assumptions about what these guys are thinking. I can see how people are by nature speculative, but you don't have a clue what ML is thinking or what his team mates think.

no, this is true. we don't know for sure. but there ARE clues. It does seem fairly obvious to me lynch doesn't want to be here but do not mistake this as me stating it is fact. It is purely my opinion. First of all we have his problems here in buffalo that I'm sure he'd just like to forget. is it possible all the attention from that stuff has made him uncomfortable here? He lost his starting job to freddie. that could be a blow to his pride. But yes, to me , not coming to "voluntary" workouts is a big red flag. Not always but in this case I think it does. There are new coaches and new plans being implemented and if he was really, truly dedicated to this team, I think he would be here. This is strictly my opinion and i could be wrong, but i don't think so. i think we will find out soon enough. probably by friday night. Personally, i like Lynch and think he is a good back, but I can understand why he might want a fresh start somewhere else. And for me, I say if you don't want to be here, I sure an hell don't want you here.

no, this is true. we don't know for sure. but there ARE clues. It does seem fairly obvious to me lynch doesn't want to be here but do not mistake this as me stating it is fact. It is purely my opinion. First of all we have his problems here in buffalo that I'm sure he'd just like to forget. is it possible all the attention from that stuff has made him uncomfortable here? He lost his starting job to freddie. that could be a blow to his pride. But yes, to me , not coming to "voluntary" workouts is a big red flag. Not always but in this case I think it does. There are new coaches and new plans being implemented and if he was really, truly dedicated to this team, I think he would be here. This is strictly my opinion and i could be wrong, but i don't think so. i think we will find out soon enough. probably by friday night. Personally, i like Lynch and think he is a good back, but I can understand why he might want a fresh start somewhere else. And for me, I say if you don't want to be here, I sure an hell don't want you here.

Not showing up to voluntary workouts is not a red flag. Thurman Thomas never did and neither did Bruce Smith for that matter. A lot of these guys have workouts that are much more productive than what they find in a voluntary workout. The report that he is open to the idea of going somewhere else does not necessarily mean that he wants to go somewhere else. He may actually like this team. People like to speculate, yes but I reiterate that none of us here actually know what he is thinking.

Is he uncomfortable? Sure he is and who wouldn't be. The point is, it is much easier to simply write someone off because they have had some problems with the law than it is to give them a chance to set things right. If he is given a chance, he could still be great. If he isn't given the chance, and I am not even going to speculate on that, he could find himself traded. Personally, I think the reason everyone who is so on board with trading the guy is because they are not willing to give the guy his chance. I would hope that the Bill's management has a little more foresight than that.

One thing I can't understand is why some of the same people who want to get rid of ML are also open to the idea of going after Ben Rothlesburger. Seems to be a contradiction there. And not that I want him. He is Pittsburgh's problem where as ML is ours. Where I come from, we take care of our own.

As for the blow to his pride thing, so what? In my own experience that is more of a motivational reason to produce this year.

IMO you overkill the unnecessary acronym IMO. JMO

It seems to me that the Bills have to trade Lynch because he'll be a malcontent if he's not. They are gonna have to back off their second round demand in order to do it. A third would be a steal for Buffalo a fourth is more likely. JMO

Nonsense. He doesn't have to be happy. He has to play. Period. Bills don't have to do a damn thing except not give lynch away for nothing.

It's obvious that the Bills treating Lynch with kid gloves has been a big mistake so maybe last season's benching and then showing Lynch how little value he has on the trade market will actually motivate him to turn around his career.

It's obvious that the Bills treating Lynch with kid gloves has been a big mistake so maybe last season's benching and then showing Lynch how little value he has on the trade market will actually motivate him to turn around his career.

It worked for Travis Henry.

!@#$ stellar post. Well said.

Who said anything about voluntary workouts? Maybe the reports saying he wouldn't mind getting moved out of Buffalo give a little insight on his happiness meter.

It seems to me that the Bills have to trade Lynch because he'll be a malcontent if he's not. They are gonna have to back off their second round demand in order to do it. A third would be a steal for Buffalo a fourth is more likely. JMO

You and your whacked proclivities.