Big Ben - potential obscure problem

Coach55

IF the Bills were to trade for Big Ben, an unlikely, potential problem could occur. Assuming he is out 5 games, it would mean one of the 3 headed hydra (TE, Fitz, Brohm) would have to start. One could envision a scenario where the Bills start 4-1 or 5-0 (albeit unlikely). If that were to happen, on Ben's return, you will have a serious QB controversy on your hands - Ben - a proven Superbowl winner fresh off suspension on a new team vs. a hot hand who has us winning our division. A controversy like this could be a season killer. My vote for Big Ben is no - not for this unlikely scenario or his talent, but his character is just flawed.

IF the Bills were to trade for Big Ben, an unlikely, potential problem could occur. Assuming he is out 5 games, it would mean one of the 3 headed hydra (TE, Fitz, Brohm) would have to start. One could envision a scenario where the Bills start 4-1 or 5-0 (albeit unlikely). If that were to happen, on Ben's return, you will have a serious QB controversy on your hands - Ben - a proven Superbowl winner fresh off suspension on a new team vs. a hot hand who has us winning our division. A controversy like this could be a season killer. My vote for Big Ben is no - not for this unlikely scenario or his talent, but his character is just flawed.

Most likely it would be 2-2 at best before BR would be allowed to start. And even then they probably wouldn't start him until week 7 against the Ravens.

Lets not put the cart before the horse please.

My cart was going down a hill when it detached from the horse and now is spiraling out of control down a hill heading towards the Niagra River.

Not to mention the cart somehow spontaniously combusted, and is now spiraling out of control while on fire...

Lets not put the cart before the horse please.

Not trying to put the cart before the horse, however I feel as though we've played this game before. The chance of that scenario happening is probably less than 1% - but, with our luck, that will be the scenario.

My cart was going down a hill when it detached from the horse and now is spiraling out of control down a hill heading towards the Niagra River.

Not to mention the cart somehow spontaniously combusted, and is now spiraling out of control while on fire...

lol

IF the Bills were to trade for Big Ben, an unlikely, potential problem could occur. Assuming he is out 5 games, it would mean one of the 3 headed hydra (TE, Fitz, Brohm) would have to start. One could envision a scenario where the Bills start 4-1 or 5-0 .....

I'm sorry...I couldn't read past that because I couldn't stop laughing...did you see last season?

if winning too much was honestly the Bills' biggest problem, then we whould have nothing to complain about. but at this point, it doesnt look like we should worry too much about that happening.

Not a problem, maybe a godsend. Draft a QB(Clausen, Tebow, whatever). Let them sit for a year or two. If TE turns out to be great, awesome, he beats out Ben, insane trade value. If BR is playing at his normal level, then he also has insane trade value. Now over the past 2 years you have been hopefully grooming the next great QB to run your franchise. Trade both TE and Big Ben. Stockpile high draft picks. The very next years draft could be one of the most insane drafts ever.

I know not going to happen. One can dream

Another problem could be if Fitz / Trent / Or Brian led the Bills to a 5-0 record with the schedule they have this year, none of us would be around to appreciate it because it would be a sure precursor to the apocalypse. I remain convinced after watching 2012 that that is what the Bills are building for, to be a SB team right before the world ends.

I have sat here many a day and read this boards comments. Seems like most of you are bi-polar.

First you say, "We need a QB to be competitive". Now one comes available..albeit with some issues (what player doesn't nowadays!) and you whine that we "don't want him because of his character"...wha..wha.

You really think taking a QB with the 9th is gonna solve our problems??! Get ready for 2-3 MORE years of Nonsense as we fall further and further behind in the East race.

He is a proven winner...he needs a change of climate and a new direction...then and only then will he begin to appreciate how lucky and fortunate he is to be playing in the NFL.

I say we give it a shot...we have sucked for 10 YEARS..I'm tired and I want to win NOW!!

No way we start off 5-0 or 4-1. We will be lucky if we are 1-4 before the bye week.

Bizarro Superman would realize the mistake and take his Bills team home.