I Want OL, But Bills Will Sell Jerseys

symbiant

I really want the Bills to take a LT at 9, but the Bills need a face for the franchise (besides... Moorman) and I bet they will take that in Round 1/2. With all the GM/HC backlash, I'm sensing either CJ Spiller / Clausen in 1 and/or Tebow in 2 (or trade up) are high probabilities.

Seriously, if you were going to buy a Bills jersey right now, what would you buy?

Morale is low and you can bet they'll try for at least one big name and roll the dice on the O and D lineman later.

I really want the Bills to take a LT at 9, but the Bills need a face for the franchise (besides... Moorman) and I bet they will take that in Round 1/2. With all the GM/HC backlash, I'm sensing either CJ Spiller / Clausen in 1 and/or Tebow in 2 (or trade up) are high probabilities.

Seriously, if you were going to buy a Bills jersey right now, what would you buy?

Morale is low and you can bet they'll try for at least one big name and roll the dice on the O and D lineman later.

I don't think so. This staff understands WINNING puts butts in the seats.

I was thinking about this the other night. Obviously, my concern, as a fan, isn't about selling tickets. My concern is, intrigue for the season.

In the NFL, you always need SOMETHING to pull you in. Whether it's your team is good enough to compete ( which 80% of the teams are, unfortunately, I don't think the Bills are right now) or something is building for the future.

This team right now just lacks any pull. Can you really get excited about watching 16 more games of Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick?If you draft Clausen, or ( for the Tebow lovers) Tebow, you at least NOW have the guy on your roster whom you can start to build around. You know where your team is going. There is a reason why Lions fans are optimistic heading into this season. It's because they have a young QB they feel good about.

I think Buffalo just needs to inject life into it's franchise and take a top Qb.

And I hate to say it because it goes against everything I ever thought I believed in, but Tony Pike in round 2 after drafting a tackle won't cut it. The Bills need a name. A Clausen, a Tebow or even a McCoy. They need a guy fans can get excited about.

I was thinking about this the other night. Obviously, my concern, as a fan, isn't about selling tickets. My concern is, intrigue for the season.

In the NFL, you always need SOMETHING to pull you in. Whether it's your team is good enough to compete ( which 80% of the teams are, unfortunately, I don't think the Bills are right now) or something is building for the future.

This team right now just lacks any pull. Can you really get excited about watching 16 more games of Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick?If you draft Clausen, or ( for the Tebow lovers) Tebow, you at least NOW have the guy on your roster whom you can start to build around. You know where your team is going. There is a reason why Lions fans are optimistic heading into this season. It's because they have a young QB they feel good about.

I think Buffalo just needs to inject life into it's franchise and take a top Qb.

And I hate to say it because it goes against everything I ever thought I believed in, but Tony Pike in round 2 after drafting a tackle won't cut it. The Bills need a name. A Clausen, a Tebow or even a McCoy. They need a guy fans can get excited about.

This.

I truly believe that McCoy is the guy they've been targeting all along.

But the OP's point isn't to be taken lightly. Elderly or not, Ralph knows how to make money, and it hasn't often involved winning. The more involved Ralph is, the worse this draft will be.

Agreed. and I have to agree this team has NOTHING for the fans to get excited about. I can see us trying to move up if Bradford doesn't go #1

It's called hope and we haven't had much for a while. With a new regime, they'll bait us in with a new shiny toy.

Bank on it.

As I said, I believe the way to rebuild is through the lines... that still may happen.

But they'll hang their hats on a few key players this draft to be the face of the franchise... I smell it.

This.

I truly believe that McCoy is the guy they've been targeting all along.

where do you take mccoy?, you take him at 9?, trade down, at this point i have no idea what they have in mind, but cannot wait till it happens. anybody think they will make a splash?, a trade of picks, a tebow , i just have no idea. i think nix put out a few thoughts to confuse people because right away everyone thought "spiller" after his remarks.

i think nix put out a few thoughts to confuse people because right away everyone thought "spiller" after his remarks.

I took that to mean:

If all the LT's are gone, we need a new face anyway, so we'll be ok taking the new face of the franchise at 9.

Let's hope it pans out as good as Ladainian Tomlinson or Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees.

I don't buy Bills jerseys. I only care about the team improving and winning.

I took that to mean:

If all the LT's are gone, we need a new face anyway, so we'll be ok taking the new face of the franchise at 9.

Let's hope it pans out as good as Ladainian Tomlinson or Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees.

i totally agree. i am no fan of the overkill of draft talk, but do you believe they want tebow to be that face? i watched gruden's show with the QB'S , kinda liked tebow's defiant attitude, wanting to prove the critics wrong. it was a tad like kelly.

I don't buy Bills jerseys. I only care about the team improving and winning.

I'm still clutching my Lee Evans jersey... but the sad fact is that a lot of fans don't get that the battle is won in the trenches... they just want the big names like Aikman, Emmitt, Jerry Rice, etc.

Heck TO came in here and probably made a huge splash with jerseys.

Football is still a business and a product... and as much as I'd love to go all line.... i really don't see it happening.

They will draft the poster child for the bills in round 1-2. It won't be something unsexy like two lineman

It's called hope and we haven't had much for a while. With a new regime, they'll bait us in with a new shiny toy.

Bank on it.

As I said, I believe the way to rebuild is through the lines... that still may happen.

But they'll hang their hats on a few key players this draft to be the face of the franchise... I smell it.

I agre with you about the importance of building through the lines, I just don't see the can't miss tackle prospect in this year's draft. I understand the QB's are all flawed, but if I'm taking a OT in the top 10, I want a guy like Joe Thomas who is a nearly finished product, with pro bowl upside at the left side. I don't see that with any of the tackles in this draft. I think the Bills would be better served to take a tackle in round 2 or 3 and develop him.

How long do you think the Bills could make moves for the sake of selling tickets and actually keep selling tickets to Bills fans...

You need to build a winner to sell tickets. Splash signings won't fool the majority of Bills fans who have wathced that scenario fail multiple times over the last 10 years.

I won't buy any Bill paraphenalia until I'm convinced they are building a winner... I haven't purchased a single Bills item in 5 or more years....

I hope ot god you are worng with the splash draft.... because if they do that it will piss off a lot of die hard fans that I kow

But the OP's point isn't to be taken lightly. Elderly or not, Ralph knows how to make money, and it hasn't often involved winning. The more involved Ralph is, the worse this draft will be.

this...but the question to me is : why is money still the highest priority when he's looking his mortality squarely in the face? That said, I bet they don't trade up to spend even more money if they believe a marketable name will be available at 9. Our best hope is that rw is under the weather thursday and can't participate.

How long do you think the Bills could make moves for the sake of selling tickets and actually keep selling tickets to Bills fans...

You need to build a winner to sell tickets. Splash signings won't fool the majority of Bills fans who have wathced that scenario fail multiple times over the last 10 years.

I won't buy any Bill paraphenalia until I'm convinced they are building a winner... I haven't purchased a single Bills item in 5 or more years....

I hope ot god you are worng with the splash draft.... because if they do that it will piss off a lot of die hard fans that I kow

Agree completely that winning is the KEY... recall back in the Super Bowl years, even Adam Lingner, our Long Snapper had his own radio show.

They don't need a face for the franchise. They need to start winning. And to do that, they need a quarterback.

It's the way Bill Polian has always done it, it's the way to build a winning team, whatever you happen to prefer. Polian, at every stop, has followed the Golden Rule of the Draft ... NEVER pass on a franchise quarterback unless you already have one on the team.

With the Bills, they had Kelly, so he was able to skip that.

With the Panthers, they didn't have a QB, and Polian's first draft pick in the first round was a QB.

With the Colts, fhey didn't have a QB, and Polian's first draft pick in the first round was a QB.

It's the highest percentage way of building a winning franchise.