Jim Rome Show

CountDorkula

I was just listening to the Jim Rome show, had to tunr it off, that show is awful.

I don't know how people can stand to listen to him. If you do i don't mean to offend or mock you..... Awh heck yea i do, It's terrible stop listening.

The first segment or about half hour or so was about a whack off er hack off er somehting of the sort.

Bascially it was him rambling on about why he is so amazing and this is why he does not take calls, blah blah blah.

It's not sports talk radio.

I think your supposed to end with

I'm out...

I used to listen sometimes but he just kinda wears on you after a while. He used to make me laugh making fun of his callers,but you say he doesn't even take calls anymore? Wow,thats surprising cuz the joking with callers was about all that was any good to begin with. I hated how he would rag on a guy, then get him on for an interview and kiss his ass,and then go back to ragging on the guy afterward.

As far as their radio shows go, Cowherd > Rome, IMO. Rome keeps getting worse.

I think Cowherd is the biggest d-bag on all of sports talk radio, and Rome is right behind him. I only give Rome a slight edge, because I don't think he is as clueless as Cowherd, as to what a d-bag he is. Also, on the rare occasion that Rome interviews someone, he is much better...but in general, I think they are both pretty intolerable.

Funny, because I resisted watching Cowherds tv show on ESPN for the longest time...just the sight of his drooling lips and beedy eyes made me turn the station as quick as possible. Then, one day during Super Bowl week, when Cowherd was off, I came home, and my girlfriend was watching the show with Marcellus Wiley sitting in for Cowherd. That gave me the opportunity to watch, and since then, I have developed a secret crush on Michelle Beadle, Cowherd's co-host... what a babe!

I used to listen to Jim many years ago when he was on 690am in San Diego and liked his show. Now this was probably 15 years ago or more. I began to hate it because it never changed it was the same old ****. The "clones" calling n and trying to impress, it was like an audio version of TSW. I've caught it lately and am amazed that nothing is changes at all over the years. One word, in my mind, describes it....LAME!

I think Cowherd is the biggest d-bag on all of sports talk radio, and Rome is right behind him. I only give Rome a slight edge, because I don't think he is as clueless as Cowherd, as to what a d-bag he is. Also, on the rare occasion that Rome interviews someone, he is much better...but in general, I think they are both pretty intolerable.

Funny, because I resisted watching Cowherds tv show on ESPN for the longest time...just the sight of his drooling lips and beedy eyes made me turn the station as quick as possible. Then, one day during Super Bowl week, when Cowherd was off, I came home, and my girlfriend was watching the show with Marcellus Wiley sitting in for Cowherd. That gave me the opportunity to watch, and since then, I have developed a secret crush on Michelle Beadle, Cowherd's co-host... what a babe!

Hard to believe they replaced TK with him. Kornheiser was at least funny at times. I aso think SVP is awful. I won't even listen to him. Rome sometimes, Cowherd rarely, VanPelt never.

Hard to believe they replaced TK with him. Kornheiser was at least funny at times. I aso think SVP is awful. I won't even listen to him. Rome sometimes, Cowherd rarely, VanPelt never.

Van Pelt doesn't do much for me either, but he doesn't grate on my nerves as much as Rome or Cowherd do. I admit, as much as I loathe them, I do listen to both Cowherd and Rome, occasionally, when there is something going on in the sports world that I am particularly interested in (ie: NFL draft-Cowherd/ NHL playoffs- Rome, he will talk about hockey), but mostly, no... Van Pelt seems to come from the same school as Dan "how did my tie look on tv last night" Patrick. They talk about themselves way too much (Cowherd is the worst in this regard) but at least have a sense of humor. I am one of those who likes the NBA, and Van Pelt is good for NBA discussion.

You know, really, I think all the ESPN radio folks are pretty bad. Maybe it is just an ESPN thing, the tv network isn't much better, but, they are the biggest/only game in town. I find myself enjoying sports more, when I don't pay so much attention to them. FOX Sports radio is better than ESPN radio, by a longshot. I generally dislike FOX sports tv coverage, but the radio network is pretty good...I like the overnight guys, JT THE BRICK (weeknights) and Ben Mahler (weekends).

Cowherd's worse than Rome, I hate to break it to you. Cowherd's the dude who used to get stuffed into lockers. And I'm no Rome fan.

I can't stand Cowherd. He openly admits he just caters to the big markets. At least, Rome has stated the NFL is better when the Bills are good. for that alone, I respect him.

Not a fan of Rome but I would rather spend a year listening to him 24/7 then one minute of those hacks Mike and Mike, they don't even have the balls to take callers. Garbage radio IMO. Seriously if you think Mike and Mike is talk radio, then you're missing out, they're more like fanboy/kiss-ass radio.

Not a fan of Rome but I would rather spend a year listening to him 24/7 then one minute of those hacks Mike and Mike, they don't even have the balls to take callers. Garbage radio IMO. Seriously if you think Mike and Mike is talk radio, then you're missing out, they're more like fanboy/kiss-ass radio.

Actually, though I don't listen to them a lot, as I am more of a night owl (especially now that I am underemployed!!) I think Mike & Mike are the best on ESPN radio...primarily because they got "A-list" guests, and they pretty much stick to sports topics...I know they go off on the Mike the metro-sexual vs Mike the big dumb fat guy a bit, but, they all have their schtick.

Rome cracks me up. People take him too seriously. Also, most of his humor are inside jokes that the occasional listener probably doesn't pick up on. Anyway, I know I'm in the minority, but I like him. Everyone hates on sports talk people because they come off as egotistic. If you get past that, he's a funny dude and a good interviewer.

I can't stand Cowherd. He openly admits he just caters to the big markets. At least, Rome has stated the NFL is better when the Bills are good. for that alone, I respect him.

I agree. He states his opinion on something then commences to repeat a dozen time using different words. Dude...WE GET IT!!

Actually, though I don't listen to them a lot, as I am more of a night owl (especially now that I am underemployed!!) I think Mike & Mike are the best on ESPN radio...primarily because they got "A-list" guests, and they pretty much stick to sports topics...I know they go off on the Mike the metro-sexual vs Mike the big dumb fat guy a bit, but, they all have their schtick.

+1

I find them entertaining.

I have listened to Rome before and liked the show. I didn't get it at first but the more I listened the more I got it. He does do a lot of inside jokes.

I like Cowherd sometimes, but what I hate is when a caller doesn't agree with him Coward totally shuts the caller out and doesn't let him make his point. To me that is very annoying and makes me want to stuff his little turd a$$ in a locker.