Official NBA Playoffs thread.....

Special K

I am not counting the Celtics out, and I expect a much better effort than game 6, from them. I think, it may be, at least in part, a case of the one day between games, taking its' toll. Not to say that is the reason the Lakers won (even I realize, talent wise, they are the superior team), but I think it is part of the reason that their effort was so...uhh...miserable. The Celtics are better than what they showed last night.

Losing Perkins will hurt, no doubt, but I do like the energy that Glen Davis can bring to the game...and the offense that Rasheed Wallace can bring to the team...again I say "can". I am not comfortable depending on either of these guys individually, or as a tandem, but, I am hoping their offense can compensate for some of the defense the Celtics lose with Perkins being out.

Anyways, great series...as far as I am concerned. There have certainly been better games, but the momentum swings in this series have been unbelievable. I would have loved the Celtics to win it in 6, but a game 7 isn't a bad consolation prize...

Got my fingers crossed... whatever happens, I am very proud of the Celtics. I really expected that the Sabres would be my team, to keep me glued to the tv, this spring, for a long playoff run...I had low expectations for the Celtics. But, not counting this series, my three favorite teams (Bills, Sabres, Celtics) are a combined 4-8 in chances to be league champions, during my lifetime as a fan. The Celtics are the only team that I have ever rooted for, that has let me enjoy the ultimate reward...I can't be down on them.

Somebody said it, this season, the Celtics have played 111 games, the Lakers 113 games, including pre-season...and it comes down to 1 game, to establish who is the champ...that is awesome!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 pages of arguing over something that has been scripted for a long long time. That doesn't even count the pages from last year's thread. I guess next year's thread will only add to the total.

The individual games were hard to predict as they were played mostly legitimately. Game 6 of course had to go to the Lakers.

FYI, I just heard from code name 'Dom Tinaghy'. He says all systems are go for Thursday night.

FYI, I just heard from code name 'Dom Tinaghy'. He says all systems are go for Thursday night.

I heard that Donaghy, who apparently works as a gambling addiction counselor, has also been picking NBA playoff games for a newspaper...he was 9-1 at one point...he claims he picks the games based on who the officials are, not on the teams.

I am not counting the Celtics out, and I expect a much better effort than game 6, from them. I think, it may be, at least in part, a case of the one day between games, taking its' toll. Not to say that is the reason the Lakers won (even I realize, talent wise, they are the superior team), but I think it is part of the reason that their effort was so...uhh...miserable. The Celtics are better than what they showed last night.

Losing Perkins will hurt, no doubt, but I do like the energy that Glen Davis can bring to the game...and the offense that Rasheed Wallace can bring to the team...again I say "can". I am not comfortable depending on either of these guys individually, or as a tandem, but, I am hoping their offense can compensate for some of the defense the Celtics lose with Perkins being out.

Anyways, great series...as far as I am concerned. There have certainly been better games, but the momentum swings in this series have been unbelievable. I would have loved the Celtics to win it in 6, but a game 7 isn't a bad consolation prize...

Got my fingers crossed... whatever happens, I am very proud of the Celtics. I really expected that the Sabres would be my team, to keep me glued to the tv, this spring, for a long playoff run...I had low expectations for the Celtics. But, not counting this series, my three favorite teams (Bills, Sabres, Celtics) are a combined 4-8 in chances to be league champions, during my lifetime as a fan. The Celtics are the only team that I have ever rooted for, that has let me enjoy the ultimate reward...I can't be down on them.

Somebody said it, this season, the Celtics have played 111 games, the Lakers 113 games, including pre-season...and it comes down to 1 game, to establish who is the champ...that is awesome!

The way I see it is if the lakers play with the same effort as they did last night in game 7 they may BARELY squeek out the win. The celtics missed a lot of shots that I fully expect to go in game 7 and will be playing with urgency because basically....there is no tomorrow for either team.

I think the loss of Perkins hurts a lot more then what is being said.....BBD does well coming off the bench but if the celtics cant push the lakers around inside then it changes the whole aspect of the game.....also I have to give credit to the lakers bench which FINALLY showed up.

One more game for all the marbles.

I heard that Donaghy, who apparently works as a gambling addiction counselor, has also been picking NBA playoff games for a newspaper...he was 9-1 at one point...he claims he picks the games based on who the officials are, not on the teams.

Shouldn't he be fired as a gambling addiction counselor?

I understand he has insight into the scripts, or at least the way they are written, so it is not truly gambling, but still.

Do you still think the NBA is legit? I predicted you would.

Agreed on what a great series this has been... disregard the Celtics' regular season record, these are two heavyweights going toe-to-toe, what a war this has been, vintage Celtics-Lakers! I have no idea who wins tomorrow, guess I give the advantage to Lakers at home... but I do hope it goes down to the wire, both teams deserve that.

Crayonz = Kardashian?

Lamar Odom's In-Law Claims NBA Finals Are Rigged

Originally posted Jun 16th 2010 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

His brother-in-law plays for the Lakers -- but Robert Kardashian is still convinced that the NBA playoffs are totally "rigged."

0616_kardashian_tmz_video

Kardashian -- whose sister is married to Lamar Odom -- was out before the big Game 6 match-up yesterday and told us, "The NBA is so rigged, are you kidding me ... it was gonna go to [Game] 7 from like the beginning of the year ... it's all about money."

Ultimately, he was right -- the Lake Show beat the Boston Celtics and forced a Game 7.

For now, Rob can't really prove his theory ... but with at least one former NBA ref recently confessing to all sorts of cheating ... Robert could be on to something.

Crayonz = Kardashian?

Lamar Odom's In-Law Claims NBA Finals Are Rigged

Originally posted Jun 16th 2010 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

His brother-in-law plays for the Lakers -- but Robert Kardashian is still convinced that the NBA playoffs are totally "rigged."

0616_kardashian_tmz_video

Kardashian -- whose sister is married to Lamar Odom -- was out before the big Game 6 match-up yesterday and told us, "The NBA is so rigged, are you kidding me ... it was gonna go to [Game] 7 from like the beginning of the year ... it's all about money."

Ultimately, he was right -- the Lake Show beat the Boston Celtics and forced a Game 7.

For now, Rob can't really prove his theory ... but with at least one former NBA ref recently confessing to all sorts of cheating ... Robert could be on to something.

First of all, I have never heard of this character Robert Kardashian. From the way he runs at the mouth though, he sure sounds like this client whose code name is Kobert Rardashian. That guy is a little bit of a loose cannon. That is both in a figurative and literal sense as he has offered boo koo bucks for a shot at code name Kyan Dannon. Gross.

Anyway, some people hear stuff and then start repeating it. It is not a positive trait. It is even less becoming when they start running their mouth after everything has come true. Exactly true. It is almost as bad as still not accepting something that is right in fron of your eyes.

Anyway, rigged and scripted are two different things so this Kardashian charater is off base.

Tonight's game should be a good one. Expect the unexpected and for this game to have a different feel. I thought I'd get a good line early in the series as to which team was better when the legitimate games were played. Games 1 and 2 were so different from each other that it left me wondering. The only clue I really have as a guess comes from Game 5 where the Celtics dominated yet really could never put LA away. It is a weak indicator at best but seems to favor the Lakers. The Perkins thing would be huge if it were a whole series but the C's may be able to fight through one game. It should be interesting and is a well deserved legitimate game for NBA fans. Enjoy.

Ahh...last game of the year. Always kind of sad on the last day of any sport.

I'd be pretty shocked if the Lakers didn't sew this up. Losing Game 7 on your court is pretty ugly. And as much as I think Perkins is a scowl-making crybaby, his loss is huge. At best, it evens the up the front court with Bynum being semi-useless. At worst, it allows the Lakers to pound on Baby and KG.

But.....I'm feeling Boston +7. That's a lot of points to give to a prideful team of veteran champions in the biggest game of the year.

Hopefully we get some fireworks and not a replay of either of the last 2 games.

I can't wait for tonight. After the Celtics take the series and the championship, Kobe's chances of ever being compared to Jordan again will be buried for good. This will be his second finals LOSS, and all that talk about him being on par with the great one will fade away once and for all.

Kobe = LOSAH!!!

muah ha ha ha!!!!

I can't wait for tonight. After the Celtics take the series and the championship, Kobe's chances of ever being compared to Jordan again will be buried for good. This will be his second finals LOSS, and all that talk about him being on par with the great one will fade away once and for all.

Kobe = LOSAH!!!

muah ha ha ha!!!!

Amen, can't stand this team. Go Celtics! PLEASE win tonight!

Amen, can't stand this team. Go Celtics! PLEASE win tonight!

As bad as the Lakers are shooting they are still in the game - both teams are so injured & hobbled - it will probably go down to the last minute

BTW - Celtic Green :thumbsup:

Holy crap, are these seriously the two best teams in the NBA?? This is one of the worst games I've ever seen, and I'm not typically a hater when it comes to sports. I don't want to hear about how great these defenses are...these guys are just missing shots, plain and simple. Can't even hit free throws, save for Pierce.

Screw the NBA :thumbsup:

Holy crap, are these seriously the two best teams in the NBA?? This is one of the worst games I've ever seen, and I'm not typically a hater when it comes to sports. I don't want to hear about how great these defenses are...these guys are just missing shots, plain and simple. Can't even hit free throws, save for Pierce.

Screw the NBA :thumbsup:

No way, incredible game, what a war, the tension is unbelievable, absolutely crushing the mickey mouse NHL. B-)

No way, incredible game, what a war, the tension is unbelievable, absolutely crushing the mickey mouse NHL. :thumbsup:

Really? I watched the entire 2nd half and thought it was embarrassing how many shots were being missed. Kobe was like 6 for 22, Ray Allen couldn't make a shot to save his life, Wallace was fouling out, etc. Seemed like Gasol and Fisher were the only two who came to play!

Really? I watched the entire 2nd half and thought it was embarrassing how many shots were being missed. Kobe was like 6 for 22, Ray Allen couldn't make a shot to save his life, Wallace was fouling out, etc. Seemed like Gasol and Fisher were the only two who came to play!

Some good defense being played tonight in what was a ugly game

My hat goes off the Celtics.......who were the final demon that the Lakers needed to exercise of years past.

This was a defensive ugly struggle......and it was nice to see Sasha Vuchic who makes SOOO many mistakes finally get a chance to have a positive outcome

It's been a very physical series... and yes, both defenses were tough!