Marshall going to Miami

dailar

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos trade Brandon Marshall to Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2010 7:37 AM ET

Last month, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said that receiver Brandon Marshall wouldn't be a good fit for the Dolphins.

Hopefully, Sparano won't soon be commenting on whether he'll be the Alabama coach.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Marshall has been shipped to the Dolphins for a second-round pick in the 2010 draft and "what is thought to be" a second-round selection in 2011. The deal hinges on Marshall passing a physical. (Though a formality, Marshall has had an on-and-off hip issue, the handling of which caused his relationship with the Broncos to sour.)

Marshall also expected to sign "one of the most lucrative wide receiver deals" in league history. The top of the market has been $10 million for more than two years, when Larry Fitzgerald parlayed the eight-figure back end of his rookie deal into a new contract. Others, like Randy Moss and Roy Williams, earn $9 million annually.

Not "done" quite yet -- he still has to pass a physical, cross the Ts, dot the Is, etc., etc. -- but for those wondering, this is per Adam Schefter on Mike+Mike.

So in a nutshell, other AFC East teams are making moves that should improve their teams. The Bills are doing nothing. Ok.

so tell me again, what have the Patriots done to improve their team? while they are great players, it's not like these teams are getting anything close to model citizens. Holmes is already suspended for 4 games, and one more failed drug test away from missing a full year -- not to mention his other off-field troubles. Marshall might improve his attitude with a different team, but he has already proven to be a royal pain in the rear at the drop of a hat. buyer beware....

first time this year I honestly have said why didn't we make this trade. I am usually not one of those people, but 2 2nd rounders is a steal for this.

Two second rounders for Brandon Marshall is a robbery. The Bronco's should be jailed for that. As a Bills fan I love this trade. Marshall will be suspended for a year by the beginning of this year or next year, IMO.

I think the Jests and Poorpisses attraction to receivers probably has something to do with Buffalo's secondary.

Personally, I'm not worried that the Bills did not make this trade. The Bills need to focus on developing a high character team. There is a lot of movement for players with character problems. Any of the players are not going to improve this team, just look at what TO did, and he is a high character guy compared to some of these guys. The Bills need to develop the core of the team which means they need to find a franchise quarterback and build up the offensive and defensive lines.

so tell me again, what have the Patriots done to improve their team?

Ok, so maybe the Pats haven't made any big moves. That being said they are light years ahead of us anyways. The Bills have done nothing. Sorry, it's freakin' annoying.

One more thing to add... I don't care about them being model citizens. Enough of the character crap. We need players who and can win.

Ok, so maybe the Pats haven't made any big moves. That being said they are light years ahead of us anyways. The Bills have done nothing. Sorry, it's freakin' annoying.

Wow, a rare occasion that I'm in complete agreement with pBills. I don't think re-signing your own player is improvement, but re-upping Wilfork is better than letting a premier lineman walk. It's not like NE has to improve at all to keep their dominance of us in tact.

Two second rounders for Brandon Marshall is a robbery. The Bronco's should be jailed for that. As a Bills fan I love this trade. Marshall will be suspended for a year by the beginning of this year or next year, IMO.

I think the Jests and Poorpisses attraction to receivers probably has something to do with Buffalo's secondary.

Yea, the more I thought about it, the more I am glad we didn't do it. But I still think it is a very very good trade for the dolphins. Almost all the WRs traded this year have been going for low prices.

So in a nutshell, other AFC East teams are making moves that should improve their teams. The Bills are doing nothing. Ok.

Problem child, just read the part called "Legal Trouble"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall

ASSAULTING POLICE OFFICER

ASSUALTING GIRLFRIEND

DUI

11 CALLS TO HIS HOME BY POLICE SINCE 2006

BATTERY 2008

BATTERY AGAINST FIANCE 2009

...and now he's going to Miami, FL.

As for the Jets, they acquired another lowlife in Holmes. I'm sure living in the NYC area will really straighten him out <sarcasm off>.

Yea, the more I thought about it, the more I am glad we didn't do it. But I still think it is a very very good trade for the dolphins. Almost all the WRs traded this year have been going for low prices.

Buffalo is interested in __________ , he's awesome.

Someone else signs __________, he sucks.

Wow, a rare occasion that I'm in complete agreement with pBills. I don't think re-signing your own player is improvement, but re-upping Wilfork is better than letting a premier lineman walk. It's not like NE has to improve at all to keep their dominance of us in tact.

At the same time both the Jets and Miami and making moves as well. They are getting closer to the top of the AFC East and some would say they (the Jets) are there. The Bills, still trying to figure things out.

A franchise shouldn't need 10 rebuilding years in row to show some sort of improvement. The Bills have stayed the same or become worse. We have no legit QB, if we draft the future (fingers crossed it would actually pan out), we can't protect him. So many holes to fill and nothing being done about it.

Are you kidding? As if Miami's offense was stopped cold by the Bills secondary last year? Did you watch the first game where Miami ran the ball down Buffalo's throat? And now Buffalo doesn't have a NT nor proven OLB's for a pass rush.

I think Miami's move here is to get a proven pass catching threat. And I've got news for you: team's aren't scared of secondaries unless you've got a pass rush. And right now Buffalo doesn't have that.

Good front offices seize opportunities. Buffalo's can't because everything is tied to a 90 something year old owner.

so tell me again, what have the Patriots done to improve their team? while they are great players, it's not like these teams are getting anything close to model citizens. Holmes is already suspended for 4 games, and one more failed drug test away from missing a full year -- not to mention his other off-field troubles. Marshall might improve his attitude with a different team, but he has already proven to be a royal pain in the rear at the drop of a hat. buyer beware....

and we will be 0 -6 in the division this year. but we have a high character team. great.

At the same time both the Jets and Miami and making moves as well. They are getting closer to the top of the AFC East and some would say they (the Jets) are there. The Bills, still trying to figure things out.

A franchise shouldn't need 10 rebuilding years in row to show some sort of improvement. The Bills have stayed the same or become worse. We have no legit QB, if we draft the future (fingers crossed it would actually pan out), we can't protect him. So many holes to fill and nothing being done about it.

LOL! Miami isn't close to the top of the division. And instead of adding a "thug" WR, they should have added some real DB's if they truly want to compete in the division. Not to mention they need a NT themselves.

Problem child, just read the part called "Legal Trouble"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall

ASSAULTING POLICE OFFICER

ASSUALTING GIRLFRIEND

DUI

11 CALLS TO HIS HOME BY POLICE SINCE 2006

BATTERY 2008

BATTERY AGAINST FIANCE 2009

...and now he's going to Miami, FL.

As for the Jets, they acquired another lowlife in Holmes. I'm sure living in the NYC area will really straighten him out <sarcasm off>.

True, they are not off high "character". As long as they aren't suspended or in Holmes case..again after this 4 game suspension. They are very solid if not great players.

I'm sorry, we need a football team with strong players, leaders on and off the field. We're not cheering for a Catholic School team

Give up 2 2nd round picks during a rebuilding process for a talented, pain in the ass WR who the Bills would have to make the highest paid WR in the league, while keeping their fingers crossed that the money doesn't make him an even bigger !@#$? I'll pass.

The AFC East just keeps getting stronger and stronger. I think Henne to Marshall could be something that we come to dread over the next few years. This also could open up things for Ginn to play in the slot, which is where I believe he would be most effective. More bad news for us I guess.

Buffalo is interested in __________ , he's awesome.

Someone else signs __________, he sucks.

This is the perfect anatomy of a Buffalo Bills message board. I personally think Marshall is a top 4 WR in the league and will vastly improve any teams passing game. I don't care if he smokes crack during the off-season. That's his problem.

I'm also sick of hearing everyone use the excuse "he has off the field issues, I don't want him here". That is the biggest load of BS. Let's see, Hargrove had issues as a Bills player, Whitner had issues as a Bills player, Marshawn has issues, T.O. was a locker room cancer, and so on. Every team has a few of these guys and every team will continue to for as long as there is NFL football. How many players in the league? A few bad eggs out of 53 does not ruin a team. If they help you win, who !@#$in cares.

Hargrove = won SB, Moss = won SB, Rapelesberger = won SB, Burress = won SB, Holmes = won SB and on it goes. Wake up and smell the stagnant air around Ralph Wilson stadium during the playoffs people. WTF!!!

Its a done deal. A second this year and another pick next.

one of my only good donte whitner memories is when he laid out marshall and forced a fumble in that late season game in denver in 2008. also one of trent's last good games!

This is the perfect anatomy of a Buffalo Bills message board. I personally think Marshall is a top 4 WR in the league and will vastly improve any teams passing game. I don't care if he smokes crack during the off-season. That's his problem.

I'm also sick of hearing everyone use the excuse "he has off the field issues, I don't want him here". That is the biggest load of BS. Let's see, Hargrove had issues as a Bills player, Whitner had issues as a Bills player, Marshawn has issues, T.O. was a locker room cancer, and so on. Every team has a few of these guys and every team will continue to for as long as there is NFL football. How many players in the league? A few bad eggs out of 53 does not ruin a team. If they help you win, who !@#$in cares.

Hargrove = won SB, Moss = won SB, Rapelesberger = won SB, Burress = won SB, Holmes = won SB and on it goes. Wake up and smell the stagnant air around Ralph Wilson stadium during the playoffs people. WTF!!!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :ph34r:

And in the defense of T.O. was a high character guy last year with no QB. :-)

Calling assaulting a police officer and multiple batteries against females merely "issues" is, how did you put it?...the biggest load of BS.

It's amazing that a scumbag like this still gets the opportunity to play in this league. What's even more amazing is that the media gives him a pass by politely framing his violent past against women as merely "issues". But hey, maybe multiple battery charges against women is something that's cool with you.

Calling assaulting a police officer and multiple batteries against females merely "issues" is, how did you put it?...the biggest load of BS.

It's amazing that a scumbag like this still gets the opportunity to play in this league. What's even more amazing is that the media gives him a pass by politely framing his violent past against women as merely "issues". But hey, maybe multiple battery charges against women is something that's cool with you.

No doubt the guy is a piece of crap. I am sure that Miami has or will place some sort of conduct policy into his contract.

I'm also sick of hearing everyone use the excuse "he has off the field issues, I don't want him here". That is the biggest load of BS.

You may not care about his "issues" but I guarantee that the Dolphins will if he screws up one more time and gets hit with that year-long suspension.

Homer goober fans won't admit it, but when it comes to proven personnel guys, I'll side with Bill Parcells on his moves. He's earned the benefit of the doubt, but isn't one to like diva WR's (see Terrell Owens circa 2006). No doubt he understands that Henne needs someone besides Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo, and Ted "Bust" Ginn.

In the NFL there are talented front office executives, and pretenders. MIA has bolstered two areas they were weak in: WR and LB with Marshall and Dansby. Ordinarily, I wouldn't put much into being good on paper, but Miami has a solid HC picked by none other than Parcells.

Grow up dude. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder, not the shooter, but his boys were and he was there. Give me a break with this crap. There are so many criminals in the NFL it's not funny. Do yourself a favor and just look up how many NFL players have smacked around their old ladies. You will be shocked. These guys are no different than the people living next door to you or in the slums. They just have a crapload more money and that is it. I guess you don't mind all these players walking around with guns then either. Tell me why that's okay? They don't have them for show and there usually loaded. Answer that one Mr. outstanding citizen.

And for the record, I have never laid a hand on a female. I choose to have to deal with it because it's part of life. Always has been and always will be. I can't change the world, I do have to live in it though.

Personally, I'm not worried that the Bills did not make this trade. The Bills need to focus on developing a high character team. There is a lot of movement for players with character problems. Any of the players are not going to improve this team, just look at what TO did, and he is a high character guy compared to some of these guys. The Bills need to develop the core of the team which means they need to find a franchise quarterback and build up the offensive and defensive lines.

High character guys? Who cares, as long as they win. Do you want a 4th place team in the East full of nice guys or a winning team with some character issues...And i got news for all you Bills fans that feel that way, as long as we got guys like Lynch, Whitner, etc on this team, we dont have a bunch of Boy Scouts either

Look, the Bills are a joke, and they are falling farther and farther behind the rest of the AFC East every day.. They are the Orioles or Blue Jays in the AL East dealing with the Yanks and Sox. They have no chance