Demarius Thomas in RD2

Astrobot

Kiper particularly high on Thomas, whom he called one of the fastest risers up the board...likes Thomas's huge hands (especially compared to LaFell) and Thomas can run very well after catch

Best blocking WR in the draft, and we just waived our best blocking WR, Josh Reed

If this guy didn't have a horrible QB throwing to him he would be one of the best in the nation. As it stands he should do well as he is the only player that Nesbitt ever seems to throw to, besides Allen.

Tech's triple-opt 3,even 4-headed running attack hampers Jackets passing game. Thomas would be Top 10 in the draft were it not for these two factors.

6'-3" and 230 lbs.

Runs the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds (confirmed)

46 passes for 1,154 yards and eight touchdowns in 2009, far better than LaFell.

It can be done taking a WR this early:

1-Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2-Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

3-Tyson Alualu NT California

4-Donald Butler ILB Washington

5-Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee

6-Rahim Alem OLB34 LSU

6-Vince Oghobaase DE34 Duke

7-Chris Scott OT Tennessee

7-David Gettis WR Baylor

Astro: I love your work buddy, but you HAVE to stop mocking Bulaga to the Bills. The Chiefs are going to take Bulaga, there are so many reasons (Pioli likes safe picks, the Ferenz-Patriots connection, the absurdity of taking Berry or any other safety at 5).

Just like Brandon Albert thought the Chiefs were going to take him? :unsure:

More importantly we have to stop calling the Bills to take a WR in the second. Too many needs to fill, to much young talent on the team at that position already, and too many free agent WR's available to spend high draft picks on them. Our focus should be LT, NT, QB, LB - in that order.

Kiper particularly high on Thomas, whom he called one of the fastest risers up the board...likes Thomas's huge hands (especially compared to LaFell) and Thomas can run very well after catch

Best blocking WR in the draft, and we just waived our best blocking WR, Josh Reed

If this guy didn't have a horrible QB throwing to him he would be one of the best in the nation. As it stands he should do well as he is the only player that Nesbitt ever seems to throw to, besides Allen.

Tech's triple-opt 3,even 4-headed running attack hampers Jackets passing game. Thomas would be Top 10 in the draft were it not for these two factors.

6'-3" and 230 lbs.

1-Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

6-Rahim Alem OLB34 LSU

7-David Gettis WR Baylor

Will Crompton really make it to the 5th round? I've seen reports that he's the second best QB prospect this year behind Bradford. Is he any good?

Like the other poster, I think Bulaga is long gone by #9. If he gets throught Chiefs, I think he'll end up in Oakland.

But a solid post. Add your reason to the fact that Gailey probably recruited him to Ga Tech and it makes sense. The problem is: I think Thomas is gone by our pick. I've heard too much talk about him being a 1st rounder, but if he lasts, I'm for him even if we take Clausen.

Astro: I love your work buddy, but you HAVE to stop mocking Bulaga to the Bills. The Chiefs are going to take Bulaga, there are so many reasons (Pioli likes safe picks, the Ferenz-Patriots connection, the absurdity of taking Berry or any other safety at 5).

This talk of skill players in anything before round 3 I think is grounded in the fantasy football movement. I don't think one RB, WR, CB, S, or ILB should be taken until they've stocked up on OL, NT, and OLB.

Besides, you don't take a safety 5th. You take the overhyped guy at 8 with limited ball skills who no one had going before the 15th pick.

I fail to see why so many people are so high on a WR who cannot, nor has not ever been asked to run pass routes. Ga Tech's option offense called for Thomas to either run block or run a fly pattern.

here's a question for you astro, why is Jonathon Crompton rated as the second best QB in the 3 draft publications I have got but not one of the mocks have him going in the first three rounds?

He's not the 2nd best QB.

WalterFootball has him 9th, being drafted in the 4th or 5th, which is where DraftTek has him.

Do I think Nix would draft him? No. Because he's a one year wonder, because Gailey won't like his improvisation, and because of the blame he supposedly threw down on his o-line and WR's on his Twitter page.

6'-3" and 230 lbs.

1-Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

6-Rahim Alem OLB34 LSU

7-David Gettis WR Baylor

I'd be ecstatic over this draft, but I can't see it happening. There's a chance Bulaga is there at #9, but there is no chance Thomas is there at #41, not a prayer. He's currently the #1 WR on Nawrocki's board (he has him as an 11-20 1st round pick). Also Russ Lande, a former NFL Scout who runs Sporting News' draft coverage loves Thomas and believes he's one of the top 5 talents in this years draft. He's been telling me since early March that Demaryius Thomas is the best WR in this draft and should be the 1st taken. He may not be right, but if he sees him as a top 5 talent and the #1 WR then he's not escaping the 1st round. Even in the draft where no WR's were taken in round 1, they started coming off the board early in round 2. Wish he was there at #41, but I doubt Thomas is still around by pick #23 of the 1st round.

Also you guys know how I feel about Donald Butler. To get him in the 4th would be an amazing value, but once again I see him off the board late 2nd round to mid 3rd. He's my favorinte ILB in this draft, Spikes and McClain 2 & 3. I would be thrilled with Donald Butler in the 3rd, personally. This guy's got an NFL ready body and I think he'd be a starter from Day 1, but the Bills already have adequate depth at ILB so I don't see them going w/ Butler.

I defintiely don't think Tyson Alualu fits in as a NT in a 3-4.......maybe a DE. At 6'3" 295 lbs. he's much too small for NT. Personally I think he's more of a 3-4 DT, but it's possible to see some teams envisioning himas a 3-4 DE.

I like this mock draft a lot though. I just think it's far fetched.

6'-3" and 230 lbs.

1-Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

6-Rahim Alem OLB34 LSU

7-David Gettis WR Baylor

I love it!

I said this a couple times before...they say this guy has the potential to be better than Dez Bryant. I heard a couple people say that he could be the next Randy Moss.

I'm pretty high on Thomas too. I also like Bruce Campbell. The way I thought about it was the Bills trade back to around twenty. Then with the picks they stockpiled trade back into the 20s. I'd like two picks in the 20s one to be Thomas and one to be Campbell.

More importantly we have to stop calling the Bills to take a WR in the second. Too many needs to fill, to much young talent on the team at that position already, and too many free agent WR's available to spend high draft picks on them. Our focus should be LT, NT, QB, LB - in that order.

Well, I just disagree with the "too much young talent on the team at that position" part of you post. I do agree that

LT, NT, QB and LB trump the need at WR because each of those positions is more important than WR.

Just the same, if there is a much higher rated WR available at pick 41 than at any of the positions listed above, then

I would be on-board with taking the WR - regardless of the QBs, LTs, etc on the roster.

I fail to see why so many people are so high on a WR who cannot, nor has not ever been asked to run pass routes. Ga Tech's option offense called for Thomas to either run block or run a fly pattern.

The knock on him is his route running, which he wasn't asked to do much of at GT. That means he essentially has to 'Red Shirt' like Hardy did a year ago to learn the pro game.

I don't think Buddy will jump on guys who can't contribute right away, so even though Thomas is a nice developmental prospect, I see the Bills going elsewhere in Rd 2.