Bills open to Brohm starting

bfw1234

If I am not mistaken, Fitz is making quite a bit more than any of them, so with this team he will probably be the first to go, just for that reason $$$$$$. We might have the worst quarterback trio in NFL history, but Edwards is clearly the best of the bunch and it isn't close, but is sad. Tells you the state of this franchise right now. Not sure we could compete if we moved to the CFL.

Fitzpatrick stays for a couple of reasons: He's the only one of the 3 who has a contract beyond this season. Also, he's the perfect 2nd stringer-he's proven he can win games when called upon. The Bills were 5-4 in games Fitzpatrick played the majority of the QB snaps, they averaged 17.9 pts from all types of scores. He may not look pretty, but he got the job done better than the other QBs. While you may think Edwards may be the best of the bunch, the W-L records & average points scored from last season, Edwards 1-5, 13.5 pts/game; Brohm 0-1 3 pts, suggests that Fitzpatrick is the best QB on the roster because he did more with less.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Brohm: Bills open to Brohm winning starting QB job

Brian Brohm - QB - BUF - Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

BROHM!! now solidify the line and get a 2nd WR - open it up for him and he'll light it up

Whatever...I don't buy it! Get Curly, Larry, and Moe the $#@@ out of dodge!! Start fresh...Get me Clausen, in the 1st,

some QB in FA, and a late rounder like Crompton in the 5th round...and make sure you pick a 2nd rounder like Saffold OT, and again OT in the 6th round...also pick up a DT in the 3rd round, and a WR in the 4th rounder...5Th rounder maybe S. Mayberry (sp?) or something like that at RB...Sounds like a scatback. Just ensure you get the QB & OT at the very least or

there will be a lot of mad Bills fans!!! Don't use picks on Safeties, Cornerbacks, or DE's in this draft that's all we ever seem to do anymore!

I'm OPEN to any of them starting.

OPEN doesn't mean anything right now, other than "no one has been given the job". Every team, every year, should be open to anyone on the roster getting a starting spot. One good season shouldn't guarantee someone that they have the job next year; you never know what kind of skill the second stringer has unless you fully evaluate them.

HAHA! Are you saying he sucks based on his lone start last year? Im one of the few who think he did tremendous in that game considering the circumstances. The first pick he threw was Owens fault for not swatting it. The second pick he had stared his reciever down and the cornerback just made one hell of an amazing diving pick. But he played realy well considering the lack of preperation he had. Id love for him to be the starter.

With ya. I want him to start. :doh:

Brian Brohm: Bills open to Brohm winning starting QB job

Brian Brohm - QB - BUF - Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

BROHM!! now solidify the line and get a 2nd WR - open it up for him and he'll light it up

Not a knock on you, but Mort is not exactly burning the barn down with insight, here.

Gailey and Nix, from the start, when answering questions about the QB situation have said that it will be an open competition amongst the 3 already on the roster, and a 4th will be brought in. We know for a fact that it was the Bills who offered the most to acquire McNabb. Draft talk of Clausen, Tebow, etc.

If Brian Brohm earns the starting spot, then I'm happy with it- because he EARNED it.

I don't care about college records, pro bowls, or any of that garbage. Stats mean nothing.

Well, except for the win- loss one.

If I am not mistaken, Fitz is making quite a bit more than any of them, so with this team he will probably be the first to go, just for that reason $$$$$$. We might have the worst quarterback trio in NFL history, but Edwards is clearly the best of the bunch and it isn't close, but is sad. Tells you the state of this franchise right now. Not sure we could compete if we moved to the CFL.

What is it with you people who always pull the Ralph is cheap crap? It's so off frickin base it's not funny. we recently just over payed 2 o-lineman a bagillion dollars. 6.5 mil to TO. how much is evans making?! the list goes on and on. Ralph was gonna dish out 10 mil for cowher but he didnt want to come here. so stop with the "cheap s**t already!

What is it with you people who always pull the Ralph is cheap crap? It's so off frickin base it's not funny. we recently just over payed 2 o-lineman a bagillion dollars. 6.5 mil to TO. how much is evans making?! the list goes on and on. Ralph was gonna dish out 10 mil for cowher but he didnt want to come here. so stop with the "cheap s**t already!

Well said...the accusations of being cheap are ridiculous..hasn't been remotely true for over 25 years or so at the least

scouting report:

Brohm is a coach's dream. He could've been the #1 pick last season before electing to return to college, so he's definitely pro-ready. What he's gained from being in a family of quarterbacks and by learning more under Bobby Petrino, Brohm has developed into the top quarterback prospect in the 2008 class. Some think he is a product of a pass-happy offense, but check him out on tape and you'll eat those words quickly.

Brohm has all of the tools to be a franchise quarterback. He has the size and the big arm to go with it. More importantly, he knows how to use it. Whether it is to throw a bullet over the middle, a fade route to the corner, or the home run ball. He won't scramble for twenty yards, but he can move well enough and can get you a rushing touchdown or two.

On top of his physical skills are his football knowledge and his headiness, so he makes few mistakes and he's willing to learn and get better.

There is one knock on him. Durability may be a concern, as he had injury problems in 2005 and 2006, though he has rebounded from his injuries well.

Overall, despite the potential injury concerns, Brohm's makeup makes him a can't miss prospect, because whoever drafts him won't have him on the pine for long.

If Brohm skips his senior year, he is a top 5 pick by everyone's measure. The talent is there, the Packers simply never gave him half a chance as they had their guy rodgers. On paper he is way better than TE or Fitz, and those two have done relatively little on the field, so that makes it an open competition. Give him some protection, the guy is a physical stud and he is a winner. Don't blow a top pick again on a QB, pls. That is for next year, when better prospects are available.

And I apologise to those offended but seriously folks, the guy isn't worth a damn. He is another overhyped QB in college that isn't worth a damn in the pro. I am sick of these hasbeens being expected to be what they aren't.

Lets hope Nix can find us a real talent to develop in this draft or this team is no better off than last

You're a bit over the top here, but I suspect you're right.

If Brohm skips his senior year, he is a top 5 pick by everyone's measure. The talent is there, the Packers simply never gave him half a chance as they had their guy rodgers. On paper he is way better than TE or Fitz, and those two have done relatively little on the field, so that makes it an open competition. Give him some protection, the guy is a physical stud and he is a winner. Don't blow a top pick again on a QB, pls. That is for next year, when better prospects are available.

In 1994, before his senior year, guess who Mel Kiper had as the top rated QB in his class & was basically saying with a good Sr. year he'd be a top pick-ROB JOHNSON. When a guy who is that highly rated before his senior year drops completely out of the first round, be very careful not to overrate him, because there's a really good chance he's been exposed to scouts as a flawed guy whose flaws caused the drop. There's no way that on paper, he's better than any QB on the Bills roster. Pro career to pro career, there's nothing on the field, paper or even your vivid imagination of what Brian Brohm is to suggest he's anything other that what he is-a failed player who is being given another shot because he once showed some promise in college. Teams have tried to resurrect the careers of guys who WERE top 5 picks & those guys, like Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Ryan Leaf never worked out. Jamarcus Russell looks like he's going to be the next top 5 pick to bomb his way out of the league, lets pick him up next, give him some protection & not blow a pick on a QB-how does that sound?

No you stop with the Ralph is the greatest owner in the NFL and the Bills are the greatest team in the NFL, they do everything right. You are so full of it. Just saw McNabb on TV, he wanted to go to Washington because Shanahan was there, if Ralph would have coughed up enough, they both might be here. I am as much if not more of a Bills fan than you are guaranteed, but I am also a realist not a frickin dreamer who lives with rose colored glasses in Ralphy Land. And oh yea, it was your dream that the Bills have actually been competitive over the past decade, because in real like, they haven't been close. Get off your dreamy white horse and come down to earth with the rest of us. Maybe if he would pay for real coaches and real front office personnel, they wouldn't be blowing millions on bad signings and draft picks.

No you stop with the Ralph is the greatest owner in the NFL and the Bills are the greatest team in the NFL, they do everything right. You are so full of it. Just saw McNabb on TV, he wanted to go to Washington because Shanahan was there, if Ralph would have coughed up enough, they both might be here. I am as much if not more of a Bills fan than you are guaranteed, but I am also a realist not a frickin dreamer who lives with rose colored glasses in Ralphy Land. And oh yea, it was your dream that the Bills have actually been competitive over the past decade, because in real like, they haven't been close. Get off your dreamy white horse and come down to earth with the rest of us. Maybe if he would pay for real coaches and real front office personnel, they wouldn't be blowing millions on bad signings and draft picks.

Wrong. Shanahan wasn't going to come to Buffalo under any circumstances. And Snyder wasn't going to be outbid for his services.

Wrong. Shanahan wasn't going to come to Buffalo under any circumstances. And Snyder wasn't going to be outbid for his services.

It wasn't an issue of money in this case, anyway. Ralph was willing to put up $10M per year for the right coach...Shanahan is getting $7M per year in DC

Quite true. But the truth of the matter is that Shanahan is not that much of a better coach than Gailey. If Gailey had been a HC with John Elway as his QB all those years he also might have won a SB. Talent is the difference a lot of times. That being said I'm glad we didn't have enough talent to keep Jauron here any longer, because he was an awful coach.

Anyway, don't be surprised if Shanahan never takes the 'skins to the SB. Few coaches are able to coach two different teams to a world championship or even a SB appearance.

First of all billsfreak, don't go putting words in my mouth. I have never not once said ralph is the greatest owner and the bills are the greatest team and do everything right. so don't go and make s**t up to make yourself look better. and how the hell do you know if you're as big a bills fan as me or not. and who really cares. how old are you, 14? you seem pretty childish to me. and I am not a dreamer by anymeans, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. the facts support ralph has played pleny of $ to people and he tried to get shanie and cowher. could it be possible that those guys don't need $ and could want to wait for the job they like best? and personally, i like gailey. I think we're gonna be just fine. I like to think positive. it has served me well in my 41 years, why stop now. oh wait, ...let me grap those rose colored glasses of mine. ahhhh, much better. even you look better now.