Brandon has zero influence in draft

a little tidbit from Tim's chat yesterday (4/2)

so much for the negative nancys that claim Russ still makes the football decisions...

Now how about Ralph Wilson? I'm hoping that all of the decision-making ends up in the hands of the GM, because I just don't think it's been that way for a long while, whoever it is who has usurped authority.

How much did he have before?

Nobody really knows, but the way that Ralph Wilson and Modrak himself have admitted that Modrak was pulling for guys who never got drafted, combined with the fact that our drafts have been extremely poor in the first round when it's easier and really good late when it's much harder makes me think that our scouts have been consistently overruled in the early rounds.

Nobody really knows, but the way that Ralph Wilson and Modrak himself have admitted that Modrak was pulling for guys who never got drafted, combined with the fact that our drafts have been extremely poor in the first round when it's easier and really good late when it's much harder makes me think that our scouts have been consistently overruled in the early rounds.

Yeah, I think your right and hit on something here....I think of course that with the money being greater in the first few rounds I think the input is drastically greater in these rounds. I think rather it's Ralph directly or utilizing a organizational

puppet like Russ Brandon or whomever, but you can bet that there is a cost consideration involved in their decision as to

who they draft. I think if it's down to Clausen or Bulaga at #9 (not that they will be there) Ralph will "strongly" suggest Bulaga and again "suggest" they pick up a QB in the 3rd round. Although, Lossman disproves that theory somewhat I think the money of it matters to the Bills organization, and if they can get some guys a bit on the cheap they will....That is one of the reasons for our struggles....meaning they don't pay the big contract to keep their players: Jason Peters, Jabari Greer,

Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Marcellus Wiley, Pat Williams etc.. etc...They figure it's cheaper to replace them if they

build a case for a big FA payday! The Bills don't want any part of that nor do they want a Sam Bradford which will break the bank. I think it would have taken more money to sign Bryan Orakapo DE over Aaron Maybin and that may have had some influence in their drafting a 4th or 5th best DE rather than taken the highest rated DE last year that fell right in their

lap in which they passed on!!! They always (bleep) me off on draft day and until proven otherwise I expect the same

from an organization in which history has continually repeated itself. :(

How much did he have before?

I think Ralph usually, this might have changed with Nix, does it semi-democratically with himself, the HC and GM all having a say in the decision. I'm sure if Ralph wanted to he could push his choice but I don't think he does that. I heard a rumor somewhere before that RW wanted Flutie instead of BS but acquiesced to his football men. I have no idea how true that is but RW doesn't strike me as a Dan Snyder or JJ type owner.

Thank God, he sucks ass as an attempt at a GM

Your evidence of this is what?

Yeah, I think your right and hit on something here....I think of course that with the money being greater in the first few rounds I think the input is drastically greater in these rounds. I think rather it's Ralph directly or utilizing a organizational

puppet like Russ Brandon or whomever, but you can bet that there is a cost consideration involved in their decision as to

who they draft. I think if it's down to Clausen or Bulaga at #9 (not that they will be there) Ralph will "strongly" suggest Bulaga and again "suggest" they pick up a QB in the 3rd round. Although, Lossman disproves that theory somewhat I think the money of it matters to the Bills organization, and if they can get some guys a bit on the cheap they will....That is one of the reasons for our struggles....meaning they don't pay the big contract to keep their players: Jason Peters, Jabari Greer,

Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Marcellus Wiley, Pat Williams etc.. etc...They figure it's cheaper to replace them if they

build a case for a big FA payday! The Bills don't want any part of that nor do they want a Sam Bradford which will break the bank. I think it would have taken more money to sign Bryan Orakapo DE over Aaron Maybin and that may have had some influence in their drafting a 4th or 5th best DE rather than taken the highest rated DE last year that fell right in their

lap in which they passed on!!! They always (bleep) me off on draft day and until proven otherwise I expect the same

from an organization in which history has continually repeated itself. :(

Why would contract size matter to Ralph? He has to spend a set amount of money on players. If contracts enter into it then they enter into it the same way they do with other teams. JP doesn't disprove it somewhat he disproves it all. I don't understand why people think Ralph is cheap when it comes to players, his history proves otherwise. I think his administrations have tried to spend wisely. Unfortunately, it's dumb decisions and not money that are the teams woes.

BTW, how did signing Albert Haynesworth to that godawful contract last year help the (picking #4) Redskins last year?

I think Ralph usually, this might have changed with Nix, does it semi-democratically with himself, the HC and GM all having a say in the decision. I'm sure if Ralph wanted to he could push his choice but I don't think he does that. I heard a rumor somewhere before that RW wanted Flutie instead of BS but acquiesced to his football men. I have no idea how true that is but RW doesn't strike me as a Dan Snyder or JJ type owner.

Ralph DID want Flutie ... but he signed with the USFL that February, so we'll never know how that war-room battle would have turned out.

He liked him some Dwayne Wright, too. Who? Exactly.

Thank God, he sucks ass as an attempt at a GM

Aside from okaying the signing of T.O., I'm willing to bet Brandon had nothing to do with any drafts or free agency signings. Sorry. the blame is on Dick(less) Jauron and Ralphie.

PTR

Aside from okaying the signing of T.O., I'm willing to bet Brandon had nothing to do with any drafts or free agency signings. Sorry. the blame is on Dick(less) Jauron and Ralphie.

PTR

Agreed. From everything i have seen and read, Brandon knows his abilities and limits. He's probably best suited for his current post, where he can oversee the entire operation without having to micromanage each individual department. He'll put the people in place below him and let them do their jobs.

Of course, theres going to be a lot of unhappy posters with this comment by Tim Graham, because its taking away one of their favorite things to B word and whine about.