There's drilling and then there's drilling....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it. The infrastructure has to be built in either case.

True. Just thinking once the infrastructure is built it would a faster process if it was located 50 miles from the coast as compared to 1,000+ miles in Alaska.

The "Evil" oil companies bwaaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaa.

They are out to get you, be afraid Very afraaaaaaaaaaaid!!!!

:ph34r:

I suspect the big, evil oil companies are looking at the way this administration treated those big, bad health insurance companies and are thinking "Man, I can't wait until this new dude passes a big Oil Reform Bill. I hope they let Harry and Nancy write it so they can get our input."

Note: I recognize that the health care bill is designed to kill the private insurance firms after letting them cash out. I was just mocking Blzrul, which we don't get to do near as much as we used to.

True. Just thinking once the infrastructure is built it would a faster process if it was located 50 miles from the coast as compared to 1,000+ miles in Alaska.

ANWR oil would be sent by pipeline to join with the existing Prudhoe Bay pipeline. It's not that big a deal (it's about 60 miles and would only take a couple of months to construct). The larger upside to starting ANWR now is the amount of natural gas that's available on the reserve.

So tell me about the drilling practices used in each location and which is more economical, efficient and time consuming.

Also enlighten me as to current methods used to transport oil, and what the pros and cons are of each method of transportation for the different areas.

Because I'm sure you haven't dumbed down this discussion to 'Virginia is closer to my house than Alaska.' You've really thought about what goes into the entire process and weighed the pros and cons of all the aspects so that your opinion has some real substance to it.

So tell me about the drilling practices used in each location and which is more economical, efficient and time consuming.

Also enlighten me as to current methods used to transport oil, and what the pros and cons are of each method of transportation for the different areas.

Because I'm sure you haven't dumbed down this discussion to 'Virginia is closer to my house than Alaska.' You've really thought about what goes into the entire process and weighed the pros and cons of all the aspects so that your opinion has some real substance to it.

You're totally !@#$ing up my "turning up the water slowly on the frog" tactic...

Throw something shiny in the water. He'll stick around.

You're still a dick.

Sorry my bad....

Since you know all can you enlighten us on the subject? Should be very simple for you since you want to present yourself as someone who everything.

ANWR oil would be sent by pipeline to join with the existing Prudhoe Bay pipeline. It's not that big a deal (it's about 60 miles and would only take a couple of months to construct). The larger upside to starting ANWR now is the amount of natural gas that's available on the reserve.

Again true. No debating that what so ever. F the Environment Drill. :ph34r:

You're still a dick.

Sorry my bad....

Since you know all can you enlighten us on the subject? Should be very simple for you since you want to present yourself as someone who everything.

*sigh*

I'm not the one making the stupid comments.

Here's a tip.

There are things I know. There are things I don't know. There are things I think I know but am unsure on. Unless a topic falls in the first category (Things I know), I try not to voice an ignorant opinion about it. I'll more likely ask a question.

It's not a bad practice, and usually keeps me from looking like pBills. Oh wait...

But pay no attention to me. Darin had some questions for you...

*sigh*

I'm not the one making the stupid comments.

Here's a tip.

There are things I know. There are things I don't know. There are things I think I know but am unsure on. Unless a topic falls in the first category (Things I know), I try not to voice an ignorant opinion about it. I'll more likely ask a question.

It's not a bad practice, and usually keeps me from looking like pBills. Oh wait...

But pay no attention to me. Darin had some questions for you...

I may not know every single little detail about some subjects, however based off of what I do know. I am allowed to form an opinion. You don't like my opinion or some of my beliefs, fine. I could give two craps.

With that being said, when I gain new information from someone who actually knows how to discuss something instead calling the other person retarded, etc. I will listen to their side. It may or may not change my opinion, at a minimum I will know and understand their strong feelings in that particular subject.

Again, stating my opinions nothing more. Not claiming to be an expert or anything along those lines. UNless I do love the people here who act as though they know everything when they don't. I also love the people who admit they don't know anything about a particular subject yet love to chime in and try to berate someone, joining the message board mob.

I may not know every single little detail about some subjects, however based off of what I do know. I am allowed to form an opinion. You don't like my opinion or some of my beliefs, fine. I could give two craps.

With that being said, when I gain new information from someone who actually knows how to discuss something instead calling the other person retarded, etc. I will listen to their side. It may or may not change my opinion, at a minimum I will know and understand their strong feelings in that particular subject.

Again, stating my opinions nothing more. Not claiming to be an expert or anything along those lines. UNless I do love the people here who act as though they know everything when they don't. I also love the people who admit they don't know anything about a particular subject yet love to chime in and try to berate someone, joining the message board mob.

You're still a dick.

You're still a dick.

Sorry my bad....

Can you even put together a coherent sentence? It's painful to read your posts not only because you are basically full of schit, but your lack of reasoning, clear thoughts, cognizant thinking or understanding of the English language is handicapping you. It also just might be that you are simply too lazy to proof your posts.

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

"Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words."

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

I may not know every single little detail about some subjects, however based off of what I do know. I am allowed to form an opinion.

You'd be better off if you had the brains to know when you don't know enough to form an opinion. A truly wise man knows the measure of his unknown unknowns.

You'd be better off if you had the brains to know when you don't know enough to form an opinion. A truly wise man knows the measure of his unknown unknowns.

Been a lot of talk about how people misuse the word irony, but this folks, this is irony.