If Buddy believes that Trent Williams/Bulaga

Kingfish

Do the Bills still use the #9 pick on one of them? If not what direction would the Bills go? They solidified their 3-4 defense through FA so it makes sense that Nix and Gailey (an offensive minded coach) would target offense with the pick. Maybe a home run hitter like Spiller? Or a #1 receiver in Dez Bryant? Or Jimmy Clausen if they believe he's a franchise QB?

Do the Bills still use the #9 pick on one of them? If not what direction would the Bills go? They solidified their 3-4 defense through FA so it makes sense that Nix and Gailey (an offensive minded coach) would target offense with the pick. Maybe a home run hitter like Spiller? Or a #1 receiver in Dez Bryant? Or Jimmy Clausen if they believe he's a franchise QB?

I love the Bills but am a Iowa Hawkeye first but I hope the Bills stay away from Bulaga. I'm not even sure he was the best lineman on the team. You can second guess me all you want but remember the last 1st round "cant miss" Iowa LT? Nick Gallery.

I love the Bills but am a Iowa Hawkeye first but I hope the Bills stay away from Bulaga. I'm not even sure he was the best lineman on the team. You can second guess me all you want but remember the last 1st round "cant miss" Iowa LT? Nick Gallery.

I think you mean Robert Gallery...and yeah, a bust considering his lofty hype

Besides Safety, CB, Punter and Kicker, and maybe LB (because the Bills have ALOT of potential LBs right now), is there really a position where the Bills couldn't use someone better? Even at RB. With everyone ready to throw Lynch to the curb for one down year, its been proven in the NFL you need atleast 2 good ones. I wouldn't have a problem with the Bills using their top picks on players that could be top level Pro Bowl players, even if they aren't at a position of need

I know how you feel. I'm a die-hard Gator fan, so you can imagine how bummed I was when Paul Wuerffel flopped in the league.

I am 1000000000% of the belief that you build your teams from the lines out, and with a QB. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Without sound line play, you have NO chance of winning consistently. I mean how much evidence do you need in just looking at winning teams over the decades.

With that said....Look the bills defensive front was pathetic last year. I like the FA moves. Seem like solid acquisitions without paying big $ for big names on guys over the hill. But we havent drafted a dominant defensive lineman since when? Bruce Smith? Pat Williams is the last name that comes to mind, and he was undrafted.

With the exception of Maybin, last year's draft looks pretty darn solid. But you cannot screw up in round 1. Its inexcusable. Instead of drafting the obvious choice the Bills always try to outsmart themselves. Or take a flier. That is just unbelievably dumb. And wreaks of poor leadership and intelligence. I'm not going to list the blunders, because I could go on forever. But imaging how much better we would all feel if they Bills had just taken Bryant Mckinney instead of Mike Williams. Haloti Gnata instead of Whitner. Or Brian Orakpo or Michael Oher instead of Maybin. I mean its not that hard. These guys were rated higher and more productive in college. Yet the Bills take unwarranted risks drafting players that have tremendous risk.

I could go on forever.

But to answer your question, Spiller is not a terrible pick, as much as I hate seeing them draft ass backwards. I think the guy is gonna be a star. And those players are just too rare. BUT! I would only do it, if the top 3 OTs and top 2 QBs are gone. THEN you have to go all LINES for the rest of the draft. And you cant take a QB either. Wait for next year.

out!

I would love to take Spiller with the #1 because he would be a instant impact player plus it would take some of the load off Fred Jackson as far as return duty , BUT TAKE HIM ONLY IF we could get a 1st round talent in the second round at LT , if we can't then i would go for Trent Williams in the first i think he has what it takes to be a elite LT in the NFL & i think a LT is a priority in this draft !!! GO BILLS !!!! :thumbsup:

I agree with the general premise of this post. If the Bills don't think that any of the remaining OTs are legitimate

very good LT candidates, then they should pass and pick a better player at another position (Unless they really

want a RT, too - they have to know that Cornell Green is not a long-term answer).

Players that I'd consider at other positions include:

LB Sergio Kindle - top pass rushing 3-4 OLB candidate, no questions about effort, intensity, instincts or production

DE Derrick Morgan - Good effort, solid all around DE - only if Bills think he fits their 3-4 scheme

Brandon Grahm DE/OLB - Good effort and pass rushing ability, brings size to LB corp

Rolando McClain - I don't like him as much as others here, but there could be much worse choice than him.

Mike Iupati - G/RT - Love the nastiness, size, strength, but only a viable choice if they think he can play RT - know he isn't a good LT candidate.

Outside candidates for me would be:

Bruce Campbell - no knocks on effort, attitude or athletic ability. Concerned that he has only a year and a bit of starting experience in college.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul - freak athlete, same concerns as with Campbell.

Don't like Clausen or any of the other QBs, I think they are a waste of a draft choice this year as we'll be looking to replace them again in a few years.

Not a big fan of picking CJ Spiller - nothing against him, but he's a bit undersized and will likely need to be platooned

to be effective. Compared to Reggie Bush and I wouldn't spend the #9 pick this year to get a Reggie Bush clone.

I'd love them to get a good NT, but the only 1st round guy is Dan Williams and I think #9 is at least 10-15 spots too high for Williams.

I think it's wide open as far as who the pick could be. If they think those players are more RT than LT I think it would first depend on whether they thought either had a chance to be an LT and how much of a chance they gave them to be LTs. I'd have to think that if they were both thought to be solely or most probably RTs, you have to go in a different direction and take an LT prospect later in the draft - a player you thought was going to develop into an LT. It's easier to stomach a 3rd rounder or even second rounder ending up at RT than a 1st rounder.

I agree with the general premise of this post. If the Bills don't think that any of the remaining OTs are legitimate

very good LT candidates, then they should pass and pick a better player at another position (Unless they really

want a RT, too - they have to know that Cornell Green is not a long-term answer).

Players that I'd consider at other positions include:

LB Sergio Kindle - top pass rushing 3-4 OLB candidate, no questions about effort, intensity, instincts or production

DE Derrick Morgan - Good effort, solid all around DE - only if Bills think he fits their 3-4 scheme

Brandon Grahm DE/OLB - Good effort and pass rushing ability, brings size to LB corp

Rolando McClain - I don't like him as much as others here, but there could be much worse choice than him.

Mike Iupati - G/RT - Love the nastiness, size, strength, but only a viable choice if they think he can play RT - know he isn't a good LT candidate.

Outside candidates for me would be:

Bruce Campbell - no knocks on effort, attitude or athletic ability. Concerned that he has only a year and a bit of starting experience in college.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul - freak athlete, same concerns as with Campbell.

Don't like Clausen or any of the other QBs, I think they are a waste of a draft choice this year as we'll be looking to replace them again in a few years.

Not a big fan of picking CJ Spiller - nothing against him, but he's a bit undersized and will likely need to be platooned

to be effective. Compared to Reggie Bush and I wouldn't spend the #9 pick this year to get a Reggie Bush clone.

I'd love them to get a good NT, but the only 1st round guy is Dan Williams and I think #9 is at least 10-15 spots too high for Williams.

I wouldn't mind seeing Morgan. Even if they think of him as a potential OLB or DE in the 3-4. He could probably add weight to play DE and drop a little to play OLB, so it might work out either way. I also like the idea of Iupati, but not at #9. If we traded down and took him, it could mean that we have the interior of the OL solidified for a long time with Wood at center. This would also go witht he smash mouth style of football Gailey purportedly likes to play.

I think you mean Robert Gallery...and yeah, a bust considering his lofty hype

Gallery is considered one of the best guards in the leauge, so he is not a bust. I do realize they would have prefered him to excel at the lt position. As for Buluga, I could see him not living up to the hype. He seems like the hard working over achieving type that will be solid but not turn into a star. Similar to the Rams Chris Long.

Gailey came here to fix the offense, so it does make sense he goes offense. But Nix probably feels that defense wins championships. It should be interesting.

I am 1000000000% of the belief that you build your teams from the lines out, and with a QB. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Without sound line play, you have NO chance of winning consistently. I mean how much evidence do you need in just looking at winning teams over the decades.

With that said....Look the bills defensive front was pathetic last year. I like the FA moves. Seem like solid acquisitions without paying big $ for big names on guys over the hill. But we havent drafted a dominant defensive lineman since when? Bruce Smith? Pat Williams is the last name that comes to mind, and he was undrafted.

With the exception of Maybin, last year's draft looks pretty darn solid. But you cannot screw up in round 1. Its inexcusable. Instead of drafting the obvious choice the Bills always try to outsmart themselves. Or take a flier. That is just unbelievably dumb. And wreaks of poor leadership and intelligence. I'm not going to list the blunders, because I could go on forever. But imaging how much better we would all feel if they Bills had just taken Bryant Mckinney instead of Mike Williams. Haloti Gnata instead of Whitner. Or Brian Orakpo or Michael Oher instead of Maybin. I mean its not that hard. These guys were rated higher and more productive in college. Yet the Bills take unwarranted risks drafting players that have tremendous risk.

I could go on forever.

But to answer your question, Spiller is not a terrible pick, as much as I hate seeing them draft ass backwards. I think the guy is gonna be a star. And those players are just too rare. BUT! I would only do it, if the top 3 OTs and top 2 QBs are gone. THEN you have to go all LINES for the rest of the draft. And you cant take a QB either. Wait for next year.

out!

Outstanding Post!!! Not too often I agree with so much of what one writes!! I have been saying the same stuff about the Bills and how they have drafted the past several years. I wasn't even crazy with drafting Roscoe Parrish, a little hesitant about Lossman, definitely p-o'd when they drafted Aaron Maybe Maybin!!! Nothing like going for the undersized player...

I wanted Orakapo so bad and he fell in our laps!! Everette Brown slid hard as a DE and I thought we should've grabbed him as well...I did project Jairus Byrd in my War Room and was pleased with that pick. At the time I wasn't thrilled with

Levitre, and Woods but they quickly grew on me with further research! The point is that you just can't MISS on your 1st

pick especially just like your saying with a quirky move for an undersized DE !! He's definitely not your next Bruce Smith

not that anyone else is, but Orakapo hmmm who knows yet?

Build up your lines is common sense...how many times have I heard that games are won and loss in the trenches!!! Some of the Superbowls may have had different results if we had some of those Hogs!! (Yuck, I hate to say that). What a different organization compared to those S.B. Teams though....Nothing like having a GM like Polian! I am hoping that

Buddy Nix and D. Whaley can have a similar impact. It's going to take a while regardless, but if we get that future franchise QB and pickup an experienced FA QB to mentor a newly drafted Rookie QB that's a start. I think we need to get

OLT, DT/NT, WR, QB all in your first 4 rounds and still need DE/LB's as well.

It's going to be tough to fill all the holes with just the draft!! I could see the Bills manuevering down a bit in the draft to pick up additional picks. I normally hate this idea, but their is quality in the first 20 picks in the draft and maybe they can still land their guy in the 10-19 range while picking up a 2nd or 3rd rounder!

Well gotta run/Great Job!

i really dont understand you guys. we have needed to address both lines fir years. this draft is the best in years for linemen on both sides of the ball and you want to take a skill position again or a QB who may be good in 3 years unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

mark my words the bills will take linemen with their first 2 picks and OT will be our pick @ 9 if one of the top 3 or 4 OT's are gone @ 9 then we will go NT @ 9 guaranteed.

for what it is worth . kirwan was talking about Trent williams yesterday and said he was a right tackle for sure. It may be that okung is the only true first round left tackle available

give me a break,mark my words their are 3 elite tackles,okung,bulaga and williams and kirwin also said he could play LT he did it in collage his last year.

williams is the most athletic tackle in the draft hands down.

dont forget the kid from Rutgers. he is by far a top 5 player,however missing his pro day and other issues have teams in a fog right now.

if he tests out @ his personal pro day this week then he may also go top 10.

your statement about okung being the only first round tackle in this draft is absolutely clueless!!!!!!!!!