Jason Peters...a little salt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that logic, if the Pats traded former 6th rounder Tom Brady to us for our first rounder they would be getting value. Get Belichick on the phone.

Sorry, but that is not a good argument. That might make sense if you were trading a backup player, and therefore getting back more than your initial investment and not losing anything on the field.......but not when you are talking about your one and only legitimate perennial pro bowl talent.

And as I stated, where the Bills really screwed up was in not having a replacement.

They were able to pay the equivalent of pennies on the dollar to develop Peters into a Pro Bowl LT. They then are able to trade that undrafted college free agent for a 1st round starting RG. The Bills got the best they could out of Peters, and then got great value in return.

Find a replacement, and Peters is forgotten.

I'm still salty...so a year after...I have to say it.

THIS year's draft was why you didn't release Jason Peters.

We have too many holes to fill, not the least of which is Left Tackle, and we only have one first round pick.

A lot of people hated him, including me. He was fat and lazy, and took plays off. He wanted to be paid more than he was worth. He was a late round turd we polished into something competent whose head got too big for his own good.

But was he better than the alternative?

Any monkey with two neurons to rub together would have to say yes. :ph34r:

well here's some more salt for you - he did not want to be here (his words - everyone knows this) - he wasn't going to sign becasue he did not want to be here (his words - everyone knows this) - give it up - the bills have holes to fill not because they let him go but because he did not want to be here (his words - everyone know this) - internalize it - you and your monkey will feel better for it

+1

We did get a 1st rounder for him. Granted LTs are more valuable than RGs, but it's not like we didn't get value for him. The mistake last yr was wasting a pick on Maybin that could have been used on an OT.

Yep, Oher was the guy to take. They even made a movie about him. LOL!!

Considering that he went from an undrafted college tight end and was developed into a Pro Bowl LT and we got a 1st rounder plus an additional pick for him I think, IMHO, that the Bills got good value for him.

Better value then they received for guys like McGahee & Ko Simpson.

Peters DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. Why don't people get this? Yes, he was certainly better than anything we had last year or going into this year, but the guy didn't want to play for Buffalo and it showed on the field.

He must not want to play for Philadelphia either because it showed on the field there and he wasn't even distracted by not being the highest paid player.

We have too many holes to fill, not the least of which is Left Tackle, and we only have one first round pick.

A lot of people hated him, including me. He was fat and lazy, and took plays off. He wanted to be paid more than he was worth. He was a late round turd we polished into something competent whose head got too big for his own good.

Any monkey with two neurons to rub together would have to say yes. :(

yea i agree and he did make the pro bowl this year. no one on the current roster comes close to him and a year later we are still trying to replace him.. wilson please sell the team to jim kelly & co.

'Bout time...thank you Lord! :ph34r:

I'll always be a Peters fan. Always have been, I've said it here LONG before this.

Tigre, I am afraid you are guilty of letting your misplaced anger cloud your judgement.

The Peters situation wasn't the one good move sandwiched between years and years of bad calls. They knew they were at odds with Peters why didn't they keep Peters and draft Ryan Clady in 2008? Or keep Peters and drafting Michael Oher in 2009. Oh, that's right, they had LANGSTON WALKER. They didn't need TWO tackles.

Face it, the Peters debacle was just one in a very long line, a line that got significantly more concentrated with the hiring of one geriatric, unqualified old fool named Marv Levy. The fool who insisted on hiring an idiot named Dick Jauron, who in turn sent the organization into complete irrelevance.

The thing you and I really differ on is our evaluation of Peters as a player. I just don't think he's that good. Certainly not worth the money the Eagles gave him. He has the ability/potential to be great but has never fulfilled that potential due to motivational and health issues. Did trading him create a hole? Yes,but a good front office would have made the moves to compensate.

Any monkey with two neurons to rub together would have to say yes. :ph34r:

Why care about Peters, even if the Bills offered him a lot of money, he still didn't want to stay here. F him.

The real mistake was not upping his $ the year before when he started as LT and had his first probowl year (was cheaper still ) then last year would not have happened the way it did, but I honestly doubt he would have stayed healthy here either.

Why care about Peters, even if the Bills offered him a lot of money, he still didn't want to stay here. F him.

Can you seriously blame the guy? He was doing great and made the pro bowl and the entire media was saying the Bills had the best young left tackle in the NFL. You guys can be bitter all you want, I still feel it was the front office to blame.

Then some morons in the front office decided to upgrade the O line with Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery and they loaded up a dump truck full of money and paid those two overweight underachievers 2x as much as Peters was making.

Peters was no dummy, he knew the second highest paid player on the team is left tackle after the QB. He also knew what the media was saying about him and he had made the pro bowl, the Bills only offensive player to do so in years.

He wanted his salary equal to what other top left tackles were making, and more then the two other high priced linemen who stunk at their jobs.

The Bills stonewalled him and created the bad feelings between the team and him, he held out and came in late to camp and still made the pro bowl.

Got traded to Philly and made the pro bowl there, seems like a huge loss for the Bills, their fans, and the Idiots who started the mess to begin with as they were fired.

The problem was that his replacement Michael Oher was there for the drafting but the Bills skipped over him to draft Maybin. for those of you who were OK for the trade of trading a Pro-bowl LT so that we could grab two guards in the draft. Guards are easy to find, LTs are not. What does the NO PLAYOFFS FOR 10 YEARS mean to you? What does rebuilding again mean? In my opinion the Bills management caused this by signing Walker and Dockery to stupid contracts and letting JP simmer about his contract. So now Walker and Dockery are gone for nothing, and the Bills are still trying to find a replacement at left tackle after trading JP to Philly. Please Bell is just a backup and nothing more, he was thrown into the mix last year and failed.

if we didn't move Peters then we don't get Wood and we'd need a RG

Not so much... at least not last year. We draft Oher at number 11 last year instead of maybin and we have our LT. Walker plays RT and Butler stays at G. Levitre in the second to ply LG and Hangrtner at C from FA...thats a pretty good oline.

But John Guy decided that Walker was our LT...and thats why he is unemployed

Nobody is denying the Peters trade, they are stating that Jauron the moron didn't draft a replacement, or even bring in a decent free agent.

There had to be at least 4 decent free agent tackles he could have brought in last year after he cut Langston Walker. He cut Walker because he couldn't keep up with the no huddle offense they scrapped a few weeks later , what a joke of a coach.

should have made him play out his contract, find/develop his replacement, then let him walk. that was the smart move. trading for a no. 1 was a good second choice, but that left you vulnerable for an entire season. stupid bills.

Peters DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. Why don't people get this? Yes, he was certainly better than anything we had last year or going into this year, but the guy didn't want to play for Buffalo and it showed on the field.
How many of the current bills do you suppose don't want to be here or at the very least, would prefer to be on a team with a good chance of winning a playoff game in the next three years? Fortunately, sometimes these players can be retained by offering them big money. Unfortunately the bills often don't step up to the plate...and thus..... a decade of futility and the exciting prospect of a slow rebuild..or not.