Culpepper wants to play for the Bills

Numark

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey just said, according to Schefter's twitter, that its a 3- way competition between Edwards, Fitzpatrick and Brohm. Sorry Daunte.

Good god I hope that is not true. Well looks like my sundays will be free again next year.

Good god I hope that is not true. Well looks like my sundays will be free again next year.

Well, he couldn't very well have said "Its an open competition between Edwards, Brohm, Fitzpatrick and Sam Bradford/Jimmy Clausen/Tim Tebow/Colt McCoy/whatever QB we draft in the first two rounds"

He'd love to play for anyone, cause no one wants him. The guy can't hold a job for a reason. He will keep you in a game, give you hope, then fumble it away in the closing minutes.....

Wait a sec, SIGN HIM!!!

@Adam_Schefter Chan Gailey didn't sound like a HC ready to sign Daunte Culpepper. Asked about Culpepper, Gailey said he hasn't seen him play in a long time

From his twitter this morning. I dont see Culpepper in Buffalo

Does anyone really expect to hear words of truth coming from the mouths of HC's or GM's in the weeks leading up to the draft?

I say bring him in. What is there to lose?

He has experience...he is still only 33....even if he is a stopgap for a draft pick...

And it would be fitting since he did play for the Raiders..for him to go to Buffalo :beer:

And please people all this Brohm talk...he was practice squad fodder...lets' not get crazy with this guy.

Culpepper was only ever good when he could chuck the ball deep and Randy Moss could run and go get it. No Randy Moss = a sucky Culpepper.

Pass.

Lee Evans is pretty good at going deep and running under it.

You know what I think. Bring him in and put him out there. We should get the best players we can. It's OK to improve our line and line backers with FA that are not great but better than what we have. Why not do the same at QB. So what if it's only for 1 or 2 or 3 years. In that time frame alot of our core players will FA too. There's decent QBs out there every year. I don't see us getting a top 3 or 4 pick any time soon anyway.

There are as many cases of teams taking a rookie and him playing for you for 15 years and having success and teams that get FA QBs and having success. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm for assembling the best team for next year and going for it. If we fall short, do the same next year. In the era of FA, you lose key guys every year and have to bring new guys in.

Besides, a guy who wants to play in Buffalo would be a nice change instead of a guy who's not a Bills fan :beer:

Culpepper was only ever good when he could chuck the ball deep and Randy Moss could run and go get it. No Randy Moss = a sucky Culpepper.

Pass.

This. Culpepper says he can be "the guy," when he hasn't been "the guy" since Moss left Minnesota.

That solidifies it. No NFL ST for me. Thanks for the advance notice.

:beer:

But he and Buddy have also said they're going to bring in 4th QB. So as of today, yeah, just the 3. But hopefully they will find someone else better to bring in. Please no projects, unless it's Tebow.