jimmy kennedy visiting buffalo tomor

See below...

This should help answer MadDog's question...

D-Ends in a 3-4 are 300lbs or close to it...Stroud is about 310, Johnson is around 285...Jimmy Kennedy is about 330.

Phil Hansen was 6'5 278lbs...Bruce Smith was 6'4 268...so yeah, I would say they were bigger than Schobel who is 6'4 243lbs and Kelsay who is 6'4 261.

Ted Washington was 6'5 375lbs and Pat Williams was 6'3 327lbs...yes they are big too, much more so than Stroud or any other DT we have on this football team. All our DE's are better for OLB's in a 3-4 and our DT's are better suited for DE's.

This makes me think if we could get a good DT either through free agency or draft, Stroud would be ideal for the DE position. With that added beef, I can't help but think we would be better off.

Imagine Kennedy and Stroud at DE, with a big fat DT in teh draft.

Schobel on one side at OLB, and Maybin on the other. It sounds intriguing.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me think if we could get a good DT either through free agency or draft, Stroud would be ideal for the DE position. With that added beef, I can't help but think we would be better off.

Sounds like we would need to attack the QB at all times. How will Maybin and Schobel be dropping into coverage is my worry.

While Schobel has shown great athleticism and probably could do it, I don't know what Maybin has showed that makes people think that taking his hand off the ground will fix his problems.

If you listen to the last part of his interview with Chris Brown, he says "if things don't work out here we will be setting up to go forward to the next team."

Sounds to me like he wants to get it done...seems like a good chance given his positive conversation with Pat Williams, same collegiate team as Scott and knowing Gill Byrd, Jairus's father.

We shall see. :censored:

Jimmy Kennedy Interview at OBD

"As of right now I don’t think it would be fair to Buffalo or wherever I go to say in three weeks I’ll be going to see ‘x’ team. So I’m keeping an open mind to see what it is that they can offer and the way I feel and if I’m comfortable here and I’ll take it from there.”

That is cool that he is being respectful. Not many people treat the bills with respect these days :censored:

Sounds like we would need to attack the QB at all times. How will Maybin and Schobel be dropping into coverage is my worry.

I think we could start one of those guys but the other OLB would need to be somebody who could handle coverage better.

Me too. I really liked this guy coming out of college, I can't believe how disappointing his career has been.

this guy was made to be a Buffalo Bill

super hyped coming out of college

drafted in top 12

pro career has been a complete bust - completely failed under multiple teams and coaches

sounds too good to be true

If you listen to the last part of his interview with Chris Brown, he says "if things don't work out here we will be setting up to go forward to the next team."

Sounds to me like he wants to get it done...seems like a good chance given his positive conversation with Pat Williams, same collegiate team as Scott and knowing Gill Byrd, Jairus's father.

We shall see. :thumbsup:

Jimmy Kennedy Interview at OBD

This is a guy I would like to see come here and turn his career around. Last season may be what he needed to get it going right.

He would no doubt be an upgrade over McCargo and could be our best shot at a veteran that can take snaps at NT.

Kennedy's career did not tick up until surrounded by elite talent in Minnesota. Anyone who thinks he'll duplicate that in a defense he's never played in with players who aren't anywhere close to the talent he had last year is delusional.

Kennedy's career did not tick up until surrounded by elite talent in Minnesota. Anyone who thinks he'll duplicate that in a defense he's never played in with players who aren't anywhere close to the talent he had last year is delusional.

Still, he's got potential, and maybe his time in Minni turned on a few lights and he got hungry. It's interesting to me that a lot of FAs this year aren't getting mad money thrown at them, and over 200 FAs were taken off the market because of the CBA. There are fewer players and payers in the market this year. The teams are being very conservative - for the most part.

Nix is taking time, and said he wants to build the team through the draft. He's not going to trade IMO for any of his picks. He might throw in a warm body though (e.g., DW, ML) to get a player he wants. But the FAs he picks up will fit a specific role and will sign them for the coin he thinks they're worth vis-à-vis their value to his team. Free Agency is only a part of the process. The main focus this year will be the draft. We'll likely sign more FAs after the draft and during TC.

Still, he's got potential, and maybe his time in Minni turned on a few lights and he got hungry. It's interesting to me that a lot of FAs this year aren't getting mad money thrown at them, and over 200 FAs were taken off the market because of the CBA. There are fewer players and payers in the market this year. The teams are being very conservative - for the most part.

Nix is taking time, and said he wants to build the team through the draft. He's not going to trade IMO for any of his picks. He might throw in a warm body though (e.g., DW, ML) to get a player he wants. But the FAs he picks up will fit a specific role and will sign them for the coin he thinks they're worth vis-à-vis their value to his team. Free Agency is only a part of the process. The main focus this year will be the draft. We'll likely sign more FAs after the draft and during TC.

You don't have "potential" after completing 7 seasons in the NFL. At that point, you are what you are. He benefitted from having three Pro Bowl caliber players being next to him and nothing more.

Building through the draft is fine, but it doesn't mean you can't find depth players in UFA. Teams that quickly rebuild (NE-2000, ATL-2008, MIA-2008) have used UFA for depth and perhaps a starter or two. Buffalo isn't doing that.

I find it hilarious that some fans are willing to give another 2-3 years for Nix' plan to work out. Do the Buffalo Bills really have that long to wait? And are the fans good with being 12-13 years since their last playoff appearance? I don't think so.

You don't have "potential" after completing 7 seasons in the NFL. At that point, you are what you are. He benefitted from having three Pro Bowl caliber players being next to him and nothing more.

Building through the draft is fine, but it doesn't mean you can't find depth players in UFA. Teams that quickly rebuild (NE-2000, ATL-2008, MIA-2008) have used UFA for depth and perhaps a starter or two. Buffalo isn't doing that.

I find it hilarious that some fans are willing to give another 2-3 years for Nix' plan to work out. Do the Buffalo Bills really have that long to wait? And are the fans good with being 12-13 years since their last playoff appearance? I don't think so.

Is that so ?? Did you ever follow Ted Washingtons career???? He was drafted in 1st round by 49ers and considered a bust - then on to Denver where he was allowed to leave and only when he got to Buffalo did it all click for him.

More than any other position NT become better in their 30s than in their 20s.....

Kennedy was a big time talent with big time size coming out of penn St - we could be catching him at the right time like we did with Ted Washington

Is that so ?? Did you ever follow Ted Washingtons career???? He was drafted in 1st round by 49ers and considered a bust - then on to Denver where he was allowed to leave and only when he got to Buffalo did it all click for him.

More than any other position NT become better in their 30s than in their 20s.....

Kennedy was a big time talent with big time size coming out of penn St - we could be catching him at the right time like we did with Ted Washington

Name another

Very well said jahbonas!!! Many DT's share the same stories as well.......taken pretty high, didn't live up to expectations, bounced around from a few teams, and then in their late 20's-early 30's finally get all the little techniques down and become very solid players or at least run stoppers. I'm willing to give Kennedy a shot. We've had our share of high round busts, I wouldn't mind if someone else's worked out for us for once.